Page 278 of 929 FirstFirst ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... LastLast
Results 6,926 to 6,950 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    There is plenty of evidence that mask use in medical settings is unnecessary - I posted studies on this a few days ago.
    dumb cunt post of the decade

go into any hospital and tell that to a doctor

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post

Could you stop quoting him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Doctors are sheeple.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1853618/

Baaaaaa

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti...ncontrol/16278
    . . .

Dumb cunt post of the decade is 100% factual.

You think any doctor has actually studied masks? Whether they work or not it's custom at this point.

Why wouldn’t doctors want to protect themselves, in any case?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

RJ. Doesn't it freak you out that you can never be certain that your mother is really your mother? I mean, You were there yet will never really know. How can you sleep not knowing for sure?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Could you stop quoting him?
    my apologies

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/wh...ors-wear-masks
    David Mulligan, MD, chief of transplant surgery and immunology, knows the importance of masks even beyond the operating room. “When we make rounds, for example, on significantly immuno-compromised patients, we will have a mask on to try to help protect those patients from the spread of disease and to try to protect other patients from bringing potential pathogens like bacteria and viruses from one room to the next,” he says.

Hear their explanations on why mask-wearing is important for doctors in this video.

https://pubs.asahq.org/anesthesiolog...cessary-in-the
    Face masks are worn by all operating room personnel when treating patients susceptible to infections as in neurosurgery, vascular, and orthopedic procedures involving implants and regional anesthesia procedures (e.g. , spinal or epidural). Face masks are also used to protect staff from contamination. All personnel wear face masks when taking care of trauma patients or patients with blood-borne infections.

Our decision to no longer require routine surgical masks for personnel not scrubbed for surgery is a departure from common practice. But the evidence to support this practice does not exist, and studies to establish differences in infection rates with or without face masks will likely be difficult to design and implement given the small potential effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    12 and 30 year old articles. you're an even dumber cunt

and he's married to a doctor....course what does it say about her if she married a failed lawyer / slum lord

I could search and post more. But idgaf

Ron Jeremy posted some shit. And there are plenty of studies. But we don’t believe in science anymore unless it’s the “science” rammed down our throats by the media.

Masks are great for surgeons not to sneeze on your wounds

Masks are helpful for covid sneezers.

You thinking a mask will filter a virus and save your life?
    Whatevs.
    . . .

Well, we’ve been talking about this for years in the OR. In other countries, first world, personnel that aren’t scrubbed in at the field don’t wear masks. This includes anesthesia. The medical community is very dogmatic and often continues to do things that are unnecessary or make no sense for years. I remember first hearing about the mask thing 25(?) years ago. I think of a mask more as ppe than protecting the patient.

When you deal with respiratory illnesses that’s a different story. Even a very basic understanding of physics would lead you to the conclusion that a mask will block some of the viral load from being expelled into the immediate atmosphere. Trying to deny this seems like willful ignorance.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Even if it’s efficacy is only 2% greater, a mask is such an easy fucking thing to wear, why wouldn’t you? 2% could be the all the difference.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Filtration is not the primary benefit of masks. The reason they work better when worn by the infected is that they slow the spread of exhaled particles. Filtration reduces that number in proportion as well, but the fact that there's such a large difference in effectiveness depending on who wears it should tell you that filtration is secondary compared to, in effect, increasing the distance between people.

But whatevs indeed. Look who's arguing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Well, we’ve been talking about this for years in the OR. In other countries, first world, personnel that aren’t scrubbed in at the field don’t wear masks. This includes anesthesia. The medical community is very dogmatic and often continues to do things that are unnecessary or make no sense for years. I remember first hearing about the mask thing 25(?) years ago. I think of a mask more as ppe than protecting the patient.

When you deal with respiratory illnesses that’s a different story. Even a very basic understanding of physics would lead you to the conclusion that a mask will block some of the viral load from being expelled into the immediate atmosphere. Trying to deny this seems like willful ignorance.

I read the article by the anesthesiologist, kinda makes some sense. My sister, who has her masters, has been a nurse for 40 years, is shocked by the number of medical professionals that think the way RJ and others do (even if it's 3-5%). You can't fix stupid. Because the situation we're in IS respiratory and un masked for surgery procedures is a completely different topic. You still won't find many DR's going sans masks

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

I read the article by the anesthesiologist, kinda makes some sense. My sister, who has her masters, has been a nurse for 40 years, is shocked by the number of medical professionals that think the way RJ and others do (even if it's 3-5%). You can't fix stupid. Because the situation we're in IS respiratory and un masked for surgery procedures is a completely different topic. You still won't find many DR's going sans masks
    I think masks make sense in close quarters for respiratory illness, I posted that.

The reason you won’t find many physicians going sans mask in the OR is because the policies require them. Those policies aren’t based on anything, it’s a case of “we’ve always done it this way” and a militant nursing organization, AORN, flexing their muscle no matter how misguided it may be. It’s a political in the workplace. I’ve been dealing with this shit for 33 years now.

Nah fuck it.

The reason masks don't do a lot of good in the OR is that the great majority of surgical infections are from bacteria on the patient's skin or inside of them. They do block spurting blood from getting into the surgeon's mouth and catch the snot if they sneeze.
    The most important place to wear a mask is at an immunocompromised patient's bedside or with patient's with communicable respiratory infections, especially TB (which requires an N95 for the HCW and a surgical mask for the patient.)

JFC, some Reich wing nut news source points this out, now maga morons are using this to bolster their position on covid. OR's are sterile as fuck. Maskless unvaxxed MAGA morons are the problem. Can't compare masks in the OR vs masks for a respiratory pandemic

Bless your heart
    . . .

Not that he was ever anti mask or anti vax but pre covid ski bro the anesthetist told me he sat behind a screen in the OR monitoring the vitals/ reading a copy of the Guardian to stay awake and didnt wear a mask
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Not that he was ever anti mask or anti vax but pre covid ski bro the anesthetist told me he sat behind a screen in the OR monitoring the vitals/ reading a copy of the Guardian to stay awake and didnt wear a mask
    But that's Canada. You guys also lube up before you hit the stables.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Local peds hospital is (anecdotally) seeing surge of new diabetes diagnoses in kids following covid infections. If true that would poke a massive hole on the whole “kids do well” with covid. That diagnosis means a lifetime of health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I could search and post more. But idgaf

Ron Jeremy posted some shit. And there are plenty of studies. But we don’t believe in science anymore unless it’s the “science” rammed down our throats by the media.

Masks are great for surgeons not to sneeze on your wounds

Masks are helpful for covid sneezers.

You thinking a mask will filter a virus and save your life?
    Whatevs.
    You couldn’t identify science if it hit you in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    continue to believe whatever ignorant bullshit their preselected media and political sources tell them
    Ugh, the most frustrating thing of this entire pandemic: the politicization of personal healthcare decisions and emergency public health management. Fuck 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    how many will get a breakthrough case in their lifetime or even a year is higher and depends on prevalence.
    Shit, you're right I completely neglected to mention that. Thanks for clarifying that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    INCIDENCE (new cases), not PREVALENCE (total active cases). The two words aren't interchangeable.
    Oops. You're right. I definitely meant "incidence" not "prevalence"; I carelessly used the latter as a general synonym and overlooked the technical definition. Thanks for catching this, I fucked that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"