Page 186 of 643 FirstFirst ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 16059
    So you're arguing that crypto is worse than the Nazis now? lol...

Banks DGAF. Look, argue against crypto all you want but let's not use these people as some kind of point of judgement.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

Banks DGAF. Look, argue against crypto all you want but let's not use these people as some kind of point of judgement.
    I'm not saying crypto is worse than the Nazis. HSBC is the one that judged it the way they did, not me. Or perhaps they don't think it that bad but don't think it much better. Ransomware, black markets, thousands of Ponzi schemes, all built on a platform that pollutes the earth to high hell. It is hard to judge which of two wells is deeper when looking down their ominous black holes.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    A very little coin base pro, some binance.Us, kucoin, and then you have the amm exchanges.
    Any recommendations for a beginner exchange for alt coins? I've been using robinhood for bitcoin and ethereum, but robinhood doesn't do the alt coins. A lot of articles recommend coin base but when reading on reddit a lot say anything but coin base because of the high fees.

Coin base pro may have higher fees but the app / platform works really well. Better than most traditional trading platforms like Fidelity, Etrade, etc.

Crypto.com is likely the answer to your question, however, as I believe there are more alt coins on there than Coinbase.

Coin base pro may have higher fees but the app / platform works really well. Better than most traditional trading platforms like Fidelity, Etrade, etc.

Crypto.com is likely the answer to your question, however, as I believe there are more alt coins on there than Coinbase.
    You like coinbase pro over coinbase even for rookies?

I am not impressed with coinbase for alts, well I do have eth and link there but I mean generally speaking. Maybe look at Kraken and Kucoin to see if they have what you want to buy.

Not to sound like a maxi here, but I hope you are going slow with the alts - they are mostly hopes and dreams and not so much an actual product...but good luck! I'm watching two low cap alts, trying to figure out if they actually matter and how much I am willing to spend.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

After robinhood or paypal, the next logical step is to figure out coinbase pro. I find the fees reasonable and I like to make limit orders. It ain't that hard and it's like most other exchanges anyway.

I think I just read that paypal will let you send your coins now?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Thanks. I think I'll go with coinbase pro after checking to see if they have the coin I'm looking for.

Yeah, I'm going small with alt coins. Mentality is I'm throwing this money away and if I get lucky then I'll be stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    I think I just read that paypal will let you send your coins now?
    Venmo too.

Wait, what? Wasn't your earlier argument slavery was worse so bitcoin isn't that bad? Also, help us understand the logic here. Is it bad things happened in the past so folks should never strive for improvement, for marginal gains, or is it something else?

Exactly. I’m not a crypto fan boi but the ethical hypocrisy is incredible. Profits have been feasted upon pain and misery since the beginning of currency.

Let’s be honest, that so called American exceptionalism was built on the backs of slaves, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Wait, what? Wasn't your earlier argument slavery was worse so bitcoin isn't that bad? Also, help us understand the logic here. Is it bad things happened in the past so folks should never strive for improvement, for marginal gains, or is it something else?
    No. My point is all of the pearl clutching over crypto by various institutions or people who have engaged in far worse is laughable. That's it. If you're Adolph Hitler you really shouldn't be talking about how awful Josef Stalin is.

Ad pimp has no morality, quelle surprise.

No. My point is all of the pearl clutching over crypto by various institutions or people who have engaged in far worse is laughable. That's it. If you're Adolph Hitler you really shouldn't be talking about how awful Josef Stalin is.
    Uh, ok... that's a strange argument. A counterargument is Stalin and Hitler, slavery in developed countries too, are things in the past. Sunk costs. Whereas bitcoin is new. This new thing is undoing the considerable gains made in recent years where for the first time in human history advanced societies managed to increase their wealth per capita without a corresponding increase in energy usage.

They've managed to more with less. If people really care about improving the lives of all citizens then those are the kinds of gains we would should be trying to achieve. Not pushing something new like that uses 125 TWh per year, a lot more in the future if prices increase, when alternatives exist that are fifty million times more efficient.

^^ Sure, that's fine. All I'm saying is the hypocritical opinions of big banks and wall street big wigs carries no meaning and is laughable in a discussion of ethics. If you want to say bitcoin is a resource hog and sucks, by all means. No need to back it up beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Ad pimp has no morality, quelle surprise.
    Not sure what the fuck you're talking about.

^^ Sure, that's fine.

Not sure what the fuck you're talking about.
    I think the current topic is how nazi pimps are worse than bitcoin because puregravity has found an ancient manuscript on pimping and how it affects steel cables.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

All I'm saying is the hypocritical opinions of big banks and wall street big wigs carries no meaning and is laughable in a discussion of ethics.
    Even though as a general rule I prefer to consider an argument on it's own rather than place a lot of weight on who's making the argument, you have a point. It's one of the reasons why I think we need to be a lot more suspicious of bitcoin greenwashing. It's why I'd much rather see us focus on efficiency instead of feel good narratives.

For example, below are three ETFs. An S&P 500 ETF, an ESG Aware MSCI USA ETF, and the BlackRock U.S. Carbon Transition Readiness “Sea change” ETF. Guess which one is which:

Attachment 376195

The answer: column #3 = Core S&P 500 ETF, column #1 = ESG Aware MSCI USA, column #2 = BlackRock U.S. Carbon Transition Readiness.

The point being Musk, Saylor, and all the greenwashing posts in this thread are all playing the same game as BlackRock offering a Carbon Transition ETF then charging 30bps more for what is essentially an S&P 500 ETF.

No amount of greewashing will change will change the fact that Bitcoin mining is the most inefficient system ever created by humans.

Coinbase pro is better on fees than coinbase, but still really high. Binance.us is better, and fees go way down if you hold even just a little BNB.

Fuck RH, you don't own your coins, and you can't even transfer them off the "exchange" which is a joke in and of itself.

For alts, it really depends of what blockchain they are on. Very specific. It can get a bit complicated, but I can walk you through it if you have a specific request.

Staking and liquidity providing is another whole ball of wax. I stake ADA, Matic, Solana, Cake, BNB, Ramp, and Zero.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quick question. Are you following those because of volatility or future promise?

Thx.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Quick question. Are you following those because of volatility or future promise?

Thx.
    Following? I have positions in each for different reasons. Those are the coins I'm currently staking. But generally, I invest in utility for the long haul, not hype.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

OK, thanks for the explanation.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

DOGE listed on Coinbase Pro today.

can it hit a Dollar?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    DOGE listed on Coinbase Pro today.

can it hit a Dollar?
    Not yet listed, but announced to be listed tomorrow. Wonder if it'll keep shooting up once it actually gets listed. I'm going to gamble on yes

Name:  qwa0hju9aq271.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  56.5 KB
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Is that you?
    Henry David Thoreau

Ok, here's a vid where I learned something about energy, about the petrodollar, about these complicated topics that I am trying to understand better. The very biggest picture is discussed, with some plainly explained insights from an economist's perspective.

Just to preempt this thread's resident aholes, I am not shilling bitcoin. I am honestly trying to learn and Lyn Alden has done the research and she's smarter than you, so I am listening to her. You can watch or whatever, idgaf, but I found the convo engaging.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DGkExT8jXQ
    Henry David Thoreau