Page 182 of 643 FirstFirst ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 16059

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

^^ curious why you have such an immense hard on against crypto? Like, you seem a little obsessed almost. Not in reference to that post but just in general.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ curious why you have such an immense hard on against crypto? Like, you seem a little obsessed almost. Not in reference to that post but just in general.
    Because Benny didn’t make any money in it and he’s jealous of anyone that did...like everything else he whines about.

Don't you live in some sort of ghetto with bars on your windows?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Because Benny didn’t make any money in it and he’s jealous of anyone that did...like everything else he whines about.
    Me or Benny?
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    And Nascar is way better than Indy
    If you have 10 teeth and haven’t lost any.

Some one should make Saylor and this guy fight to the death in a cage match

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Me or Benny?
    Both, I guess.

Keep in mind I disagree with both extreme ends of this argument.

Crypto in theory was awesome but it devolved into something else altogether, but it’s also not a scam anymore than the regular market.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

With a new admin and the end of the pandemic people are so thirsty to be able to both-sides again. Both-side-ism is the key element of the Musk Saylor environmental social and governance (ESG) bitcoin narrative. Instead of an asset class that burns tons of coal, it's we're helping make it cleaner by incorporating renewables in the mix.

The same is true for the early crypto anarchy theory. Instead of a decentralized currency that governments are out to destroy (accompanied by the bitcoin is here to stay testimonials) it's becoming an increasingly regulated establishment asset class.

Just as Green Day now sells Pepsi, Bitcoin and Doge now sponsor car racing.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    With a new admin and the end of the pandemic people are so thirsty to be able to both-sides again. Both-side-ism is the key element of the Musk Saylor environmental social and governance (ESG) bitcoin narrative. Instead of an asset class that burns tons of coal, it's we're helping make it cleaner by incorporating renewables in the mix.
    We are having a very difficult time moving from a fossil fuel energy based economy to renewables. The last thing we need is some fake money scam that requires most of the desert to be covered by solar panels and all mountain top ridges holding little forests of windmills just to support that "currency". I mean, where will all the electricity needed to feed the government mandated EV transportation network come from, just to start? People think electricity falls from the sky or something. Re: Texas freeze. Oh, yeah, forgot about that one already, huh?

Both, I guess.

Keep in mind I disagree with both extreme ends of this argument.

Crypto in theory was awesome but it devolved into something else altogether, but it’s also not a scam anymore than the regular market.
    False equivalence.

How many different iterations of Crypto are out there now.

At least in the stock market there is some level of history and a modicum of transparency. Does the stock market get manipulated? Yes, but not nearly at the levels of Cryptos. And as bad as they are, publicly traded companies quite often do produce tangible and real products that actually provide a value and people wish to buy.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

This guy is a real wet blanket!

Great read. Focus on the signal and don't get distracted by the noise. Plus I know you all love Arthur Hayes.

https://cryptohayes.medium.com/farb-...o-de6f5bb7a099

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    False equivalence.

How many different iterations of Crypto are out there now.

At least in the stock market there is some level of history and a modicum of transparency. Does the stock market get manipulated? Yes, but not nearly at the levels of Cryptos. And as bad as they are, publicly traded companies quite often do produce tangible and real products that actually provide a value and people wish to buy.
    Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger call BTC rat poison squared and against the interest of human civilization while they shill Coca-Cola to a nation with an obesity epidemic.

Jeff Bezos is okay with his drivers shitting in bags to keep profits up.

Rayhtheon and GE profit off of making weapons that turn brown people into pink mist.

Is this the kind of value we should be looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger call BTC rat poison squared and against the interest of human civilization while they shill Coca-Cola to a nation with an obesity epidemic.

Rayhtheon and GE profit off of making weapons that turn brown people into pink mist.

I don’t see how digital assets reconcile any of that.

So, you're implying that creating a secret, opaque means for the elites and financial criminals to protect their wealth will somehow cure inequality and the old as human history problem of warfare? Putin smiles.

Two weeks ago Elon woulda been included in that post as a genius electric car maker/space exploration pioneer.

But a couple troll tweets later his statues have been removed from the altar.

I don’t see how digital assets reconcile any of that.
    Bitcoin is an attempt at a decentralized open source financial network. It's a peaceful alternative to a bloodthirsty corrupt oligarchy that only survives by giving more free money to its most well off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So, you're implying that creating a secret, opaque means for the elites and financial criminals to protect their wealth will somehow cure inequality and the old as human history problem of warfare? Putin smiles.
    I don't know how you can say "secret" and "opaque" when literally anyone can look at BTC's code and the whole idea is for as many people as possible to run full nodes that monitor the network. Plus the entire transaction history is searchable. When's the last time we got an inside look at the Fed or Pentagon budgets?

BTC is a check against dictator power. You need to do some more honest research if you think BTC is a tool of oppression.

Bitcoin is an attempt at a decentralized open source financial network. It's a peaceful alternative to a bloodthirsty corrupt oligarchy that only survives by giving more free money to its most well off.

BTC may have started altruistically but now it’s a speculative vehicle with lots of folks that want to be the new oligarchs.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Two weeks ago Elon woulda been included in that post as a genius electric car maker/space exploration pioneer.

But a couple troll tweets later his statues have been removed from the altar.
    Yeah, but he probably made some money out of the pumps and dumps.

Bitcoiners are nearly perfect economically rational actors. It's about stacking sats, not altruism.

BTC may have started altruistically but now it’s a speculative vehicle with lots of folks that want to be the new oligarchs.
    Welcome to Homo Sapiens. With BTC at least every person has the option to access the network. A poor person in Venezuela or Somalia can make uncensorable transactions with the same currency.

I mean, I kinda get this. I'm talking to a generation that got fucked at an early age by '08 and saw zero justice result from that historical event. But, this is hardly the solution.

Welcome to Homo Sapiens. With BTC at least every person has the option to access the network. A poor person in Venezuela or Somalia can make uncensorable transactions with the same currency.

Currency trading has been 24 hour global for decades with a telephone.

Bitcoin is for everyone as long as they can afford the $60 transaction fees

GBTC chart gives a clearer picture of thin trade in BTC. It’s a heavily traded security yet is full of gaps.

What kind of derivative trade is available this weekend? Where can you hedge or trade with leverage?