Page 50 of 166 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 4136
    Just got an Assguy Doubledown for the front. It's only 40 g lighter than the DH casing at around 1320 g ( ! ), but I wanted the Maxxgrip compound so I didn't go for EXO+ or EXO, which only come in Maxxterra.

I only have one ride on it so far, but my impression is that it's more confidence-inspiring than the DHF 2.5 EXO Maxxterra it replaced. Gone is that vague moment in corners where the DHF drifts a bit before catching the side knobs, Instead, it's fully locked in. So far, it doesn't seem to have given up any ultimate grip or predictability.

Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    Michelin Wild Enduro Rear update: side knobs aren't wearing well at all. Lots of cracks at the inside edges and I've lost a few. Hard to quantify how much mileage this has had but I put it on 4-5 weeks ago and have been riding mostly lift-access natural trails 3-4 days per week (3000-4000m vert typical) and a couple of full bike park days. I can normally milk 2.5 months out of a Wild Rock'R2; I'll be lucky to get 2 months out of this one but will keep it on as long as I can bear so that my next rubber is as fresh as possible for a trip at the end of August.

I still think that it rides like a better Trailboss, but for me it gives up too much over a Wild Rock'R2 or DHR II for not much gain in rolling speed. Get it on edge and it grips pretty well when new but straightline braking isn't great. Casing is a nice middle weight, would work well for some riders for sure. A guide friend here likes the Aggressor, might try one of those sometime if I see a DoudleDown on sale, or the Specialized Eliminator, but I'm pretty over trying to find something slightly faster rolling than what I know and trust so will be back on a WR2 rear next and trying a Wild Enduro Front for the first time after putting too many holes in Magic Mary Snakeskins up front lately.

I could imagine that might happen for a park tire. Ive just used mine on my trail/pedal bike. I always meant to try and snip the leading edge of the center knobs on my wild rockr2 to ramp it for quicker rolling . Flawless tire apart from being slower rolling. I probably wont now. I have a fresh set about to go on but its going on an eeb so ill need both edges on the rear

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I used to refresh ^^ motocross knobbies using a hacksaw blade that had some of the wavyness ground out of the blade just run it quickly over the side of the grinding wheel, it wasnt too hard on a 4.50 moto cross knobby but it might be fiddly on a 2.3 bike knobby

The Maxxis Aggressor on the back of my 5.5 is not very agressive after 2 season so I just picked up a Minion DHRII from CR for basicly half price
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Been running cushcore front and rear with DHF Double downs the past few days. Had a local race yesterday...
    Toonie race? Missed it yesterday because of a cold but had a couple friends do pretty well. And then come home fairly tipsy

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Toonie race? Missed it yesterday because of a cold but had a couple friends do pretty well. And then come home fairly tipsy
    Yeah toonie. Was glad it was not an xc style race as i had nothing in the legs. Fun to ride trails somewhat fast again...

So, I put on an Aggressor DD for bike park riding, thinking it would give me some added puncture confidence over my year old/thrashed minion exo.
    Guess what...casing puncture that wouldn’t seal 20 minutes into my first park day.
    I know it’s just bad luck, but yeesh
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I’ve had worse luck with the Aggressor (EXO casing) than any other tire on our demo bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Was out on my second ride tonight on my new to me GG Smash that came with an aggressor in the rear. Flatted about 30 min in, slight rim dent and a hole in the casing at the rim. Dropped in a tube, thought I aired it up sufficiently, then about 30 min later flatted the tube. Certainly isn't the first time I've flatted trying to keep up with my riding buddy, but I knew I'd heard about other people flatting these things often. Was thinking about swapping it out anyways but now it is definitely going in the bin.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I used to refresh ^^ motocross knobbies using a hacksaw blade that had some of the wavyness ground out of the blade just run it quickly over the side of the grinding wheel, it wasnt too hard on a 4.50 moto cross knobby but it might be fiddly on a 2.3 bike knobby

The Maxxis Aggressor on the back of my 5.5 is not very agressive after 2 season so I just picked up a Minion DHRII from CR for basicly half price
    Good idea for a moto x tire. Another Xer bodge. Soon enough it might be applicable to mtb/emtb tires. That scwalbe eddy current would be a good candidate

Notice LC didnt flat in the park on his wild enduro rear, it wore out. Get on it! That will out aggro an aggressor in every way. Good price at chain reaction

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    Was out on my second ride tonight on my new to me GG Smash that came with an aggressor in the rear. Flatted about 30 min in, slight rim dent and a hole in the casing at the rim. Dropped in a tube, thought I aired it up sufficiently, then about 30 min later flatted the tube. Certainly isn't the first time I've flatted trying to keep up with my riding buddy, but I knew I'd heard about other people flatting these things often. Was thinking about swapping it out anyways but now it is definitely going in the bin.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk
    Vibes
    However many are in a shit ton.

Gonna go with a DD DHR.

Keep the repaired aggressor for a Moab spare or sumpin

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Gonna go with a DD DHR.

Keep the repaired aggressor for a Moab spare or sumpin
    Is it solely for bike park or do you pedal with it too? If its just park throw a DH tire on there and forget about it. I've never understood weight shavings in bike parks...

Back in my moto days we called Cheng Shin tires cheap shit. It's amazing what a little branding will do.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Is it solely for bike park or do you pedal with it too? If its just park throw a DH tire on there and forget about it. I've never understood weight shavings in bike parks...
    It is for both, some of our rowdiest trails require a 2500 foot climb, so I figured a DD casing was a good compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Back in my moto days we called Cheng Shin tires cheap shit. It's amazing what a little branding will do.
    Yup, seems a few of tge companies they were building tires for have jumped ship to vee tire

e-thirteen LG 1s on sale on steep and cheap.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Was struggling in the loose dust/sand and loose over hard while racing Big Sky last weekend. Was running EXO MaxGrip DHF 2.5WT up front.

I think I was thinking about it all wrong most of the season. My thought process has been "softer = more grip" but I think I have been racing too fast and blowing right through any support of that soft rubber and softer sidewall.

Decided to take a Shorty DD 2.5 WT and use a tire cutter to ramp the center knobs. Holy shit. Waaaaay better grip all around so far. Much more confidence inspiring. I recommend this if you are racing loose, dry, alpine conditions.

Sounds a bit like a magic mary?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Was struggling in the loose dust/sand and loose over hard while racing Big Sky last weekend. Was running EXO MaxGrip DHF 2.5WT up front.

I think I was thinking about it all wrong most of the season. My thought process has been "softer = more grip" but I think I have been racing too fast and blowing right through any support of that soft rubber and softer sidewall.

Decided to take a Shorty DD 2.5 WT and use a tire cutter to ramp the center knobs. Holy shit. Waaaaay better grip all around so far. Much more confidence inspiring. I recommend this if you are racing loose, dry, alpine conditions.
    That could be because of the pressures you're running too.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    That could be because of the pressures you're running too.
    Yeah, super low pressures don't help. For racing I upped my air more, but with like 10% sag in the fork I was trying to make up for it with softer tires.

I am realizing that stiffer all around is just faster. (insert "that's what she said" here) Harder on the hands but faster.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    <snip>
    Or... you know, a Wild Rock'R2.

/brokenrecord

Cushcore without a doubt the best thing i've done this year. Better than a coil out back for sure (so far)

What’s the difference between maxxis DH casing and Double downs? They seem really close in weight?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    What’s the difference between maxxis DH casing and Double downs? They seem really close in weight?
    DH = wire bead, 2 ply, 60 tpi with a tall butyl insert in the bead / sidewall.

DD = kevlar bead, 2 ply 120 tpi. I believe it still has a short butyl insert.

In terms of burliness, I'd say DD is about half way between a DH and an Exo.