Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I gotta go E-rip some trails but I will take pics tonite

its specificaly for the tip stretchers on DYnafit branded pomoca skins that used the slot in the ski tip with a rubber stretcher that breaks right ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210929_012249069.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	387208\

Ok so an exploded view

you can see the Aluminium roofing nail with the head cut off, the nail is the right size to clip into the holder on the skin and it will not corrode

you can see the 3mm bungy which is usually available from an out door store, the loop I tied is about the size of my finger, if you make the loop too big there won't be enough tension, if you make it too small the bungy cord won't stretch far enough SO about 1 finger was right for my Stokes, heat seal the ends of the bungy make the knot big enough to catch in the tip slot of the ski

a cheap readily available fix that is never out of stock and it works OR you can buy a couple of these for 12.95 ea
    https://skimo.co/dynafit-skin-attachments

also a can of Smithers brew, kind of a session IPA

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah1M...hannel=Frdnsyh

You got any pics of this - having a hard time visualizing this
    you can just call me dude or duder

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Have you tried the twin tip tail clip?
    https://www.evo.com/climbing-skins/p...4aAuB2EALw_wcB

I also mocked this up a while back for Pomoca, if you have a specific dimension you would want I can adjust the settings. Also happy to print it out if you covered shipping.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4682896
    Sending PM.

Same skins, other half. Anyone have any fixes for the tip loop popping out of its plastic housing? One of mine seems to pop out every other tour or so when stuffed in my bag, or flys off when ripping skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    Same skins, other half. Anyone have any fixes for the tip loop popping out of its plastic housing? One of mine seems to pop out every other tour or so when stuffed in my bag, or flys off when ripping skins.
    I've had this and the plastic get destroyed on my first tour with them - best solution.... replace them with the BD tip clips. But be advised you'll most likely need to trim the skin back at the higher BD skin angle to prevent snow buildup under the skin.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    Yeah the plastic on the tips (at least the old version) will fail. For me they've lasted a couple season, then crack. Same happens with the tail clips. The plastic just isn't up to the demands you put on a climbing skin. Like rfconroy I've replaced with screw on BD clips after using duct tape to get through mid-tour failures.

Pomoca skins are worth buying even with the crappy tip and tail connections, but I hope the new hardware is improved

Subscribed for when my new Pomocas inevitably have this problem.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Yeah… I hate the BD tips (installing them, cutting the skins, the whole thing) but they do stay on there.

The tails I would replace with Pomocas as BD tail clips are meh.

The bougie answer is buy new Pomocas

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    Yeah… I hate the BD tips (installing them, cutting the skins, the whole thing) but they do stay on there.

The tails I would replace with Pomocas as BD tail clips are meh.

The bougie answer is buy new Pomocas
    I've got some gripes with their skins otherwise, but G3 has the best tail hardware (that I've tried, anyway) by a mile.

So I think the money combo is BD tip hardware on Pomoca Free plush and G3 tails. If you want to spend $400 on your skins when it's all said and done.

Pomoca Skins Replacement Plastic Tail Clip

I’m playing with my new Pomocas, after years on G3s. I eventually (not intuitive) worked out how to attach the tail clip, but even after repeated practice it still seems awkward, and potentially problematic on snow. It looks like all that’s required to replace them with G3 tail attachments is punching a few holes.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/8344990...-shape-leather

yeahhh G3 tail clips are good. The G3 tip attachment (with the 2 separate pieces of angled metal that conform to the tip shape of the ski) is arguably my favorite; it lets in the least snow under the tips I think. I even kinda can tolerate the nylon on their skins, they just use truly terrible glue which ruins the whole thing.

G3 tips and tails on Pomocas would be the dream for me

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    I’m playing with my new Pomocas, after years on G3s. I eventually (not intuitive) worked out how to attach the tail clip, but even after repeated practice it still seems awkward, and potentially problematic on snow. It looks like all that’s required to replace them with G3 tail attachments is punching a few holes.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/8344990...-shape-leather

https://www.amazon.com/Puncher-Leath...03955416&psc=1

I use one of these for most skin work I do + a super sharp razor blade. I also keep a pack of leather rivets for any type of rework required.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

I got BD/ G3/ dynafit pomoca in the quiver, IME

G3 tip hooks work well but If yer moving skins around the G3 fixed tip hooks will limit the ability to adjust skins, also I've seen G3 skins end up being on the short side in general, I've had to adapt a long G3 skin from a G3 190 to fit a 160 by cutting off the hooks folding the skin over a simple tip loop and the skin can still be adjusted to fit the 190 so i like simple tip loops

G3 tail treatments work really well except some of them had the tail leash molded into skin with a bump at the skin/ leash juncture which means when it breaks you gotta cut the leash/ bump off to buy/ instal an entire kit on the skin instead of just clipping a tail leash into that metal clip and then the skin might be too short

G3 glue will suck so I always have 2 tubes of gold label in the quiver, if you wait till spring when the glue has already failed the stores might be tubes of out-of-stock on glue, right now I would not be suprised if there is NO glue in the stores for sale

BD works fine IME I havent used their screw-on tip loop just their simple tip loop with the skin folded over gives me 2 ways to adj for length on either end of the ski so it fits a lot of skis, same complaint goes for any of these chi-chi tip and tail treatments, not enough adjustment & not hardy enough to take being walked on

BD tails work fine BUT there are 2 ways to put the clip on, the best way to splain it IS if you got the tail leash dragging in the snow out behind the ski the leash will rip/fail at one of those adj holes BUT if you got the clip on the other way with the tail leash folded up over the top of the tail with the ss clip on top of the strap it won't break

Pomoca/ dyanfit the only thing that fails is the rubber stretcher and I spalined the hack earlier in the thread