Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    If NS had a kid stoke thread there wouldn't be too many posts

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm. View Post
    If NS had a kid stoke thread there wouldn't be too many posts
    How unbelievably ironic, since NS kind of is kid stoke.
    Sent from my Timex Sinclair using TGR Forums

indoor bike kid stoke
    my 7yo on his first banked turn

My boys 9 & 11 doing a morning run...

Last edited by LouD-Reno; 05-16-2012 at 05:06 PM.

And Andy (9yo) spending the day in the trees and the deep powder on "his" Pontoons

Looks fantastic LouD... Here's to it just gettin' better and better!

Skinned for turns with K and O at SP on the way home from Mammoth today. The kid did great and had fun, even though, as he said to his mommy "the skiing isn't very good". We had to explain that we needed to climb a bit (a bunch) higher to get to better snow. But he slashed the slush and crushed the cups like a big guy. We are very lucky he'll hike for turns with us and have such a good time.

Owen hiking

he was bit annoyed by the Hoover Maneuvering we had to do to get back to the truck
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Another few weeks and those sun cups will swallow him whole. It is killer that he is so willing to hike. I only hope to be half as lucky with my guy. Just want to get him out as much as possible. Plan to do more hiking with him on my back next season and then get him on to his own skis the next one. But even then, I think I will take him out for some touring, so he sees the beauty outside the resort.

you'll do just fine, lad

will you help Owen learn how to surf?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Here's another....

One of my all time favorite GD songs.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

This was the 2011/2012 kid stoke thread. We changed the title to "ONGOING KID STOKE" to preserve all the great info and answers to questions that get lost each season with a new thread.

This thread is now ongoing and can be used to post Stoke, TR's, questions and any advice in regards to skiing with little ones.

Anna and I have not gotten out yet; but, she did pick up a new kit this year and is excited to get out. Last week she put on her boots and skis and walked around the house pretending to ski.

We also added a little boy skier to our family this summer. Looking forward to getting him out in the pack near the end of the season.

Here's to a snowy winter!

Ahhh, after a long search for this thread I find the title was changed.

Time for some 2012 - 2013 KIDDIE STOKE!!!

My just turned 4 year old has been SHREDDING!! At 23 days away from having baby #2, my ski days this year have been spent skiing with him (he's at 12 total so far). I think I've done well by him The little maniac won't stay out of the powder and trees and always finds the most fun way down the hill. No issues skiing off the summit of Eaglecrest, killing the blues. Wish I could ski harder with him, but not for a few more weeks.

We got a helmet cam from the grandparents for Christmas (something tells me they miss skiing with him and are hoping I make them lots of videos). Here's the first go around with it yesterday. Sorry if it's a bit shaky (or too long). A last minute decision to film and I carried the camera vs. mounting it on my goggles. Lesson learned.

‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

Born New Years Day, a bit early but totally naturally. His mom even walked from our place up to the base of Grand Montet the day he was born. I think he wanted to come out and get out on the mountain! Can't wait for his first days out in the mountains.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1357460084.167527.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	129616
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

Congrats Ulty!!! Some kidstoke from the EC:

My 6yo snowshoeing in to her first BC tour:
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Congrats Ulty! Way to start the new year, best of luck.

Shreading the Alta Rope Tow

All

meet Emma. Alta Skier
    4 years old

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5847.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	129731

Name:	IMG_5848.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	129732

Name:	IMG_5858.jpg 
Views:	570 
Size:	1,009.1 KB 
ID:	129733

Cheers

CAT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5847.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	129728   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5848.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	129729   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5857.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	129730  

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k You Cat View Post
    All

Name:	IMG_5858.jpg 
Views:	570 
Size:	1,009.1 KB 
ID:	129733

3 year old Piper with friend.

Name:	Piper ski duck.jpg 
Views:	866 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	130104

My 9yo tailgunning some springy mid-atlantic gnar. It was one of those days full of high-fives and awesomness that I couldn't wait for when he was 4 and I know he won't want when he's 14. Soaking up as much of this as i can.

Play all of them with the volume at full blast so you can hear Asher (2 years old) talking and singing. Both songs are pretty funny.

super short version

short version with singing

long version

Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Haulin' butt on the run out on Lower K ...

Mom/Daughter first snowboard lesson....

What age did everyone start the little ones on the slopes? My little guy is 18 months old now, so a little young, but want to be able to get him up here in the next couple of years.
    Want to make a difference? Support a company dedicated to bringing jobs back to America, making every product here in America! Visit us on Kickstarter- hotmix-the 4x4x4 project http://goo.gl/Jw5f8

18 months

Quote Originally Posted by jwhitman36 View Post
    What age did everyone start the little ones on the slopes? My little guy is 18 months old now, so a little young, but want to be able to get him up here in the next couple of years.
    I have them walk around on the carpet with the skis. If they had the coordination for that, then skiing with an edgie wedgie. I tie a bunch of knots in the edgie wedgie to make the Pizza Shape almost forced. That leads into some short fun outings on the slope. They get tired fast. By 3 they are able to ski half a day and enjoy it. I retire the edgie wedgie as soon as they have the strength to make a good wedge without it. I left one in it to long, and it took months to break a few of his bad wedge habits and get him really carving. My boys could go for the whole day by 3, but my daughter just turned 4 gets worn down by half a day. (She could probably do the bunny hill all day, but I can't)

The reality of this was also that my wife and my personal sanity drove us to get them out their that young, but it worked on all 3 kids.

Good luck. It is pretty awesome to share something you built your life around with your kids.

My son was born in the summer. I took him out on the hill with me when he was 3.5 yo. Held him between my legs and would let him go on clear stretches and catch him again. Gently increased the slope. It was very cool to see him get the hang of it and progress. Pretty much the same with my daughter.

We have so much fun.