Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lib Tech NAS Pows with Recurve

Well ive been skiing this years pows and liking them. When a saw a pair of next years protos on ebay I had to have them. Today was the first true test. Skiing Tride slackcountry in 4-5 inches of creamy powder today all I can say is THESE SKIS RIP!!. The main complaint about this year pows was that they where not a great powder ski. They rip everything but deep variable powder gave the skis some trouble. My protos are mounted further back then 07-08 that I have which I'm sure is part of it( I do believe that the recommended line is too far forward, I know that they say that the magne traction hooks if mounted further back but I think that might be a bunch of baloney).

Re-curve- reverse camber tips and tails reg camber under foot. These skis have plenty of underfoot camber to rip groomers and even bumps. The tips have some reverse camber but not tons(slightly more then this years Seths). The reverse camber is very noticeable(first pair Ive tried). Conditions where not tough but slightly variable and these skis killed all of it. Truly confidence inspiring.

I think Lib might have a winner hear. A powder ski that kills hard packed and groomers. Cant wait to take them out again
    Deeppo

pictors??!! got my freerides mounted up on friday, took them out for a super varied conditions day on saturday, loving them so far!

Pictures please!

I've been wondering about the mounting point question too. The more I think about it and look at the ski the more I wonder why it would make a difference unless the mounting point was dramatically aft.

Good score on those.

1. where is the line on these protos
    2. how far back from the line did you go?

i've been hitting and missing with my Parillo (freerides) all season. Some days I feel great on 'em, others terribly in the back seat. have been told i can go 1/4" back from the line, but that seems miniscule and like it wouldn't have much effect. i believe i have also been told that the mount (i.e. boot center) needs to either be at the top of the wave or in the valley of the wave so as to avoid any hooking.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

PICS????

Pows

Ill get some pics today(hopefully), and measure where they are mounted. The skis came with bindings already mounted. I ask him how he liked it mounted further back and his reply was that he mounted them for powder(NAS POWS). My first day on them was on hard packed bump runs( just a couple of runs on lift 7) They preformed great. Edge hold was fine. I going to swith bindings on the protos and this years pows(putting dukes on protos and 916's on pows. I want the recurve for backcountry) I will mount the pows further back with the 916's, Thinking -2 or -3)
    Deeppo

i ski the pows right on the suggested line and love em there. They do have the tendancy to dive a bit in light snow, but I have since adjusted to them and they rock.

Bump............ for pics.

Just got the catalogue for 08/09 these pics kind of suck but better then nothing:

Recurved pipe:

Jib and Freeride (love the art)

POW 191 only and recurve POW 187

I'll do a better job scanning when I have some time. I can pre order as well but am in Vernon, BC.

El hefe,
    looks sweet
    What are the dimentions of the 191 pows vs the recurve 187 pows??
    Ill take pics today
    Deeppo

Dims for the pow are 191cm, 150cm contact length, 149mm tip - 117mm waist - 142mm tail. 20m radius

Recurve Pow 187cm, 100cm - 150 cm (depending on how the ski is flexed, mid turn etc..) 153mm tip - 117mm waist - 143mm tail. 20m radius.

All of the top sheets are a new bio plastic made with BEANS??? I hope they hold up a little better then this years, I went sled skiing last weekend and they took a beating on the sled.

Love the graphics on the regular pows.

i can email clear pdf's to anyone who is interested as well.

OOHH, PICK ME, PICK ME!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    i can email clear pdf's to anyone who is interested as well.
    I want those PDF's badly. Please and thank you.
    ON3P
    "a simple equation:

force of impact + force of steeze = 0

the two negate each other. for Eric, stomping a 60 ft cornice switch is like jumping on a really soft hotel mattress." - NS member ChronicF explaining why Eric Pollard still has knees.

What's your email?

Hi, can you send me a copy of the catalogue > I would be very grateful.IT is fakiezerospin@abv.bg

Has anybody tried the Pipe recurve model. How is it.

send one copy for me as well info@hasselindborg.com

Quick review

All I can say now. Best skis ever
    Deeppo

^^ Those pics make the ski look wider underfoot then at the tail? The dims on that I've seen and quoted here are a lot more traditional. Love the "patent pending" banana sticker.

Hmmmm.....Brockers or Libby Recurves for next season.......?

I just had my first real pow day on my 07/08 NAS Pows, and while they do take some getting used to--avoiding tip dive without getting way in the backseat takes a little practice--they still fucking killed it. I started work at noon today, so I didn't have much time, but I definitely felt centered on them by the time I came down.

My last two runs were through International Trees, for those who know Whistler, and I must say, that is really where these things excel. They slay pillows, small drops, and tight, steep tree lines with ease.

I just had my first real sheer ice day on my 188's.
    You just ski and ignore the ice. They don't "turn ice into powder" but you don't slide, you don't chatter and the only thing you actually have to worry about is anticipating the transfer back to any other surface. If you forget, and you're ice carving them when you hit real snow, hold on to your ass.

I hate fanboys.
    But I'm becoming a fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    ^^ Those pics make the ski look wider underfoot then at the tail? The dims on that I've seen and quoted here are a lot more traditional.
    el hefe, the tail is definitely wider underfoot then the center of the ski. Compared to this year pows the dimensions are very similar. They are longer by a bit but not much(185 to 187) The tip on my version is even more low profile then this years. The tip is massive though. I took out the recurves yesterday in some hard bumps and groomers(its been a dry week here). No they don't zip the bumps but ski them fine. They rail groomers and seem to have no speed limit as of yet(maybe got them up to 55). I like were they are mounted(around -3). I'm going to be switching them over from the 916 to dukes for the spring season(7 night hut trip in 10 days!!) Right now my only skis are this years pows and the recurves. Seems just fine to me.
    Might have to buy another pair next year, one for bc and one for on mountain. A two ski quiver.
    Deeppo

Quote Originally Posted by yodaottis View Post
    I just had my first real sheer ice day on my 188's.
    You just ski and ignore the ice. They don't "turn ice into powder" but you don't slide, you don't chatter and the only thing you actually have to worry about is anticipating the transfer back to any other surface. If you forget, and you're ice carving them when you hit real snow, hold on to your ass.

I hate fanboys.
    But I'm becoming a fanboy.

10 days on my NAS Parillos and I think I finally have 'em dialed in (I'm slow on the uptake). Been riding semi-hard pack the past few weeks in Taos and Tahoe and am finally feeling comfortable on them. I was a bit worried about my original mount (went with the dent, but have read/heard they moved it a bit with the later models), but I'm getting the hang of 'em.

That said, i went into one of the Truckee shops on Sat and they had a pair of the '08 pipe models. i checked the mounting point and found that they had 2:

one said "Mount boot center on the dent" and then about 1cm back toward the tail it said "Or don't."

I kinda want to pick up another pair of the 188's and mount on the further back line and see/feel the difference (also mount with regular binders as my current set-up is Dukes).

Intrigued by the Recurve, though.

My only suggestion to Lib Tech would to perhaps make a somewhat softer model. These are some stiff mofos and might very well be why it's taken me so long to dial 'em in (10 days). Then again gaper/jongness may be quite the factor, as well.

I will say this: even though I've only seen 2 other people all season riding NAS (one guy at Telluride on the Pows and 1 guy at Squaw on the Pows), you can't seem to find 'em for sale anywhere (the Truckee shop that carried 'em is out and there's very few to be had online after a cursory search).

That said, I've been getting tons of props for 'em from boarders, two-plankers, and especially little kids who dig the bright pink and blue screaming monkeys.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

They look & sound pretty sweet. Could you please send photos to me as well at: sandtmcintyre@yahoodot(.com)com
    Last edited by altasnowbirdripper; 03-24-2008 at 07:35 AM.
    "If you are prepared for zombies, you are prepared for anything"

De Oppresso Liber