Page 103 of 151 FirstFirst ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3756
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Picked up a 2008 Yamaha WR250R with low miles. Looking forward to getting out. Definitely rusty on the clutch, need practice before taking it out of the neighborhood. Can't wait to dial this thing in for some long dirt adventures.

Ah, the wonderful smell of a fresh rabbit hole to go down and new money pit! Can't beat it.
    I bought a 2008 WR250R about 5 years ago and it's been the perfect bike for exploring and multi-day dirt adventures. IHMO, here's what's worth spending money on (and not):

YES:
    - Rekluse semi-auto clutch - technical terrain will be way more fun and manageable
    - Tires - Something burlier (D606, MT43, etc) will be a huge upgrade over stock/dual sport tires for offroad stuff
    - Good skidplate and radiator guard - cheap and mandatory protection
    - Good footpegs: the stock ones are pretty lame if you plan on doing much standing

NO:
    - Exhaust/airbox: - People swear that bigger pipes/more air makes their bike run better. I think it's psychological and you'll likely just make the bike louder and less efficient. YMMV
    - Programming Kit for FI - Again, you can spend $$$ trying to achieve marginal improvements and possibly make the bike run worse. It's never going to be a KTM.
    - AIS/EXUP removal: some folks claim this allows the bike to breathe better, others says you lose a little on the low end. I couldn't tell a difference except it seemed a little smoother before removal.

MAYBE:
    - Suspension upgrade: Spendy (~$1k) but it does seems to improve the handling at speed in rough stuff.
    - Seat: I've been fun with the stock the Seat Concepts is definitely an improvement
    - Lowering kit: you can easily lower the bike 3/4" with at no cost (see online). Lowering another 1" with the lowering link might be a good fit for you - or not.
    - Bigger fuel tank: I've been fine with carrying a rotopax (1.75gal) which gives me a range of ~250miles. 3.0, 3.7, and 4.7 gal tanks available but none cheap

Quote Originally Posted by phattypowpow View Post
    I bought a 2008 WR250R about 5 years ago and it's been the perfect bike for exploring and multi-day dirt adventures. IHMO, here's what's worth spending money on (and not):

YES:
    - Rekluse semi-auto clutch - technical terrain will be way more fun and manageable
    - Tires - Something burlier (D606, MT43, etc) will be a huge upgrade over stock/dual sport tires for offroad stuff
    - Good skidplate and radiator guard - cheap and mandatory protection
    - Good footpegs: the stock ones are pretty lame if you plan on doing much standing

NO:
    - Exhaust/airbox: - People swear that bigger pipes/more air makes their bike run better. I think it's psychological and you'll likely just make the bike louder and less efficient. YMMV
    - Programming Kit for FI - Again, you can spend $$$ trying to achieve marginal improvements and possibly make the bike run worse. It's never going to be a KTM.
    - AIS/EXUP removal: some folks claim this allows the bike to breathe better, others says you lose a little on the low end. I couldn't tell a difference except it seemed a little smoother before removal.

MAYBE:
    - Suspension upgrade: Spendy (~$1k) but it does seems to improve the handling at speed in rough stuff.
    - Seat: I've been fun with the stock the Seat Concepts is definitely an improvement
    - Lowering kit: you can easily lower the bike 3/4" with at no cost (see online). Lowering another 1" with the lowering link might be a good fit for you - or not.
    - Bigger fuel tank: I've been fine with carrying a rotopax (1.75gal) which gives me a range of ~250miles. 3.0, 3.7, and 4.7 gal tanks available but none cheap
    Nice, Thanks! Pretty much all along the lines of what I was thinking.
    Already ordered skid plates and radiator guard. Getting footpegs, bar risers, gear plate, etc too. Once I wear out the tires, I'll replace with better for sure.

Don't need the lowering kit, I'm 6'2" and it seems fine.

Definitely bigger fuel tank someday.

I've got a good friend who has the exact same bike and knows a shitload more than I do about it. His is all decked out, but most of that came with it when he bought it.

Been riding it on some jeep roads lately, getting the hang of it. Had my first crash yesterday, that was fun!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BMW F850GS.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	333025

New bike weekend. Going to add some panniers and crash guards then its set for adventures and exploration.

^^^ LIKE

Fun day in New Mexico.

Name:	20200628_132537.jpeg 
Views:	83 
Size:	174.7 KB 
ID:	333108

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Went out after changing the oil yesterday. Was just gonna take it around the neighborhood, ended up riding till the gas light came on 5 hrs later. A little dirt, a little pavement over the pass, then some more dirt, then some into town, then found some more dirt. I think this is my new obsession.

On wr250r, look for fuel pump. Biggest online complaints and I’ve been stranded multiple times. Each time it would take hours to cool off enough to restart. I’ve never had incidents where it’s shut off while riding but some complained about that. I’ve been stuck at gas stations for hours. I replaced it at the dealership since I suspected they might recall it and nice to have an official record of repair/replacement with OEM when recall happens and I request a refund.

Other than that, your friend with wr250r will help you. It’s time for me to upgrade my tires. I just carry a gallon rotoplex.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Gorgeous Georgia
    Best terrain and most original hard enduro vid I've seen in a while.

@ 5:14 , along with a bunch of the off camber/side hill exposure.

Good lord. That makes a mtn goat’s palms sweat.

Knocked right out of her shoes...

Any opinions on the KTM 390 AV yet? https://www.ktm.com/en-us/models/travel/ktm-390-adventure2020.html

Seems to check the 50% pavement, 40% FS road and 10% single track boxes for a smaller rider.

this race is fuckin hilarious.... never knew Loretta was such a big gear head.

Knik River

Sutton

Petersville

-took about 6 knee deep+ creek crossings to get up here

^^^^^^^^^

Tit - fuckin' - Taaaaayz.

4 pics haven't inspired me to want to get on a mx bike more than those. Ever.
    Sweet ride, looks punchy, braaap.
    Firm sandy beach, flat ridgelines, perfect singletrack down a smooth valley, creek crossings...heaven.
    That's good living right there.

Been riding more than usual this summer. This particular bike I like to cruise our two track roads on

Maggot motorcycle stoke thread

I had a bit of fun with my Husaberg this summer too, but not much fun as I have had on the Tenere 700. I finished up cleaning the Berg up and am hoping to sell it.
    It is a 2010 FE 570 rally bike that I fixed up to road legal standards. Combining a turn signal wiring harness from the super moto, with some Tusk parts lights and horns all work. I also converted the paper scroll rally nav set up to an iPad system, for flexibility to follow maps, or an electronic road book. The bike retains the skid plate with the required water reservoir, Safari tank for about 200miles range, and custom fairing. -SOLD
    - I am here for the stoke
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6510.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	242.7 KB 
ID:	340128   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6512.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	340129   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6516.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	440.5 KB 
ID:	340130  
    Last edited by Bruce Springskiin; 09-20-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Love it. Hope you put it up on ADVrider

What’s the mount you are using on the iPad?

I started with an otter box defender series case. Mounted the otter box case holder to to the aluminum bar from the paper road book holder. This does hold the iPad through light duty riding. But it will come out on rough terrain, so I will use an elastic strap once out riding.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm glad to see this thread back up.

Here's some various stoke on a handful of my bikes.

The Velvet Hammer:

Name:	ThsncT1.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	578.4 KB 
ID:	340402

Out on the 'camping bike' earlier this summer:

Name:	4dRUQua.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	340403

And this one time, my 250 XC-W TPI tried to fly...

Name:	0KCK9Rm.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	340404

And a shot along the Lost Coast with my late friend's BMW. That was a good trip and I miss him.

Name:	XWf0jH4.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	340405
    Last edited by Bobcat Sig; 09-16-2020 at 10:32 AM. Reason: piktarz

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^

Tit - fuckin' - Taaaaayz.

4 pics haven't inspired me to want to get on a mx bike more than those. Ever.
    Sweet ride, looks punchy, braaap.
    Firm sandy beach, flat ridgelines, perfect singletrack down a smooth valley, creek crossings...heaven.
    That's good living right there.
    Glad to help bring some Stoke to the forum.
    -here's some more from Sunday

Kings River

Pretty gnarly and technical getting up here.
    Worth it!
    #TMKH
    Last edited by DeathVan; 09-15-2020 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I'm glad to see this thread back up.

Here's some various stoke on a handful of my bikes.

The Velvet Hammer:

Out on the 'camping bike' earlier this summer:

And this one time, my 250 XC-W TPI tried to fly...

And a shot along the Lost Coast with my late friend's BMW. That was a good trip and I miss him.

why aren't pics loading? PC running chrome

^ not loading on my iPad/Safari either.

Quote Originally Posted by bluespark View Post
    why aren't pics loading? PC running chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    ^ not loading on my iPad/Safari either.
    FML. Not sure. Chrome on macOS using imgur as an image hosting service. It seems that the TGRz doesn't like that service. Need to investigate...