Sacramento area bike shops

Mrs C is shopping for a new road bike (endurance/ relaxed geometry type), and we're going to take a day to shop around Sacramento, as it's got more shops than where we are (Reno).

Recommendations from local riders on what shops to check out? Anything from Roseville through to Davis.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Folsom Bike is a good roadie shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ripvw View Post
    Folsom Bike is a good roadie shop.
    Thanks, will put it on the list.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Freewheeler in Davis is a good shop for roadie/commuters. Blisworks is my go-to LBS and mechanic, but they don't carry a lot of stock.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Kens in Davis

You should probably stop by Truckee on your way... obviously the shops are going to be more MTB oriented, but you can still find some killer deals at the bike / ski shops this time of year since they're trying to clear out inventory. More so than the year round bike shops below the snow line, at least.

Paco's (same shopping center as Coffee Bar on Donner Pass Road) is probably the best spot for roadies, I'm guessing.

Thanks! More for the list.

Mike's Bikes is also a good bay area shop. There is a location in Sacramento. Nice selection and I've found the people like bikes and are generally friendly.

El Chup, if you hit the Midtown Sac Mike's Bikes (decent road selection, IMO), hit me up for coffee because it's spitting distance from my office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

FYI if it matters to you: Mikes Bikes sold specialized LEVO ebikes to MMWD rangers for wholesale, which are now being used for patrol. It did piss more than a few people off and there has been some calls for a boycott.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    El Chup, if you hit the Midtown Sac Mike's Bikes (decent road selection, IMO), hit me up for coffee because it's spitting distance from my office.
    Sounds good... so long as you don't spit in my coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Sounds good... so long as you don't spit in my coffee.
    Hah! I almost just spat *out* my coffee. Touché.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmurfer View Post
    FYI if it matters to you: Mikes Bikes sold specialized LEVO ebikes to MMWD rangers for wholesale, which are now being used for patrol. It did piss more than a few people off and there has been some calls for a boycott.
    I'll never buy anything from Specialized anyway, based on their shitty litigation-happy business practices.

After much test riding... Mrs C is the owner of a Felt VR5W. Bob's Bicycles in Roseville was very helpful in trying out different stems on the VR5 (men's) and VR5W, and had the bike at a decent sale price - $1800, Shimano 105 except for FSA crankset. Frame and wheels appear to be the same as the much pricier Ultegra equipped one, and for the price difference I can do a lot of upgrades when things wear out.

In shopping, I found a website that lets you compare geometries of bikes side by side - was interesting to see how her top fitting bikes compared. According to this site, that Felt, the Trek Domane, and the Liv Avail are within millimeters of each other - which explains why she liked them all about the same.

https://geometrygeeks.bike