Page 80 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2662
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Sweet thanks for posting that Dee. I was wondering how the makeup stages would work. I like that I can finish a ride that is over an hour and then jump into something else without having to wait for the top of the hour.
    I added a column to my spreadsheet to get an XP/minute ratio.
    And then broke that down to a 30 mins or 45 min ride to see what gains are the best.

Did you link that spreadsheet (I looked back a few pages but didn’t see it) - or do you have any good tips? I’m assuming the early stages with the flats are gonna be a good bet time wise?

Are you two dorks done now? Seriously ride your bikes outside!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Are you two dorks done now? Seriously ride your bikes outside!
    3” of fresh snow at my house, high of 38 today.
    This is what the trails look like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9018.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	372488

I’ll ride inside today.

Fair enough
    crab in my shoe mouth

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 12.21.31 PM.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	372514

still a few weeks til trails are ready - but warm temps and long days (sunset after 10pm now) has spring mania in full effect - so I'm channeling that into zwift at least until the end of the month

I've never been enthusiastic about riding indoors, but the canned workouts on Zwift are so far beyond anything I can do on the road (no power meter on my bike), that I've been Zwifting even on days when the weather is decent. Weird feeling to see clear skies and dry roads but opt to ride in the garage anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I've never been enthusiastic about riding indoors, but the canned workouts on Zwift are so far beyond anything I can do on the road (no power meter on my bike), that I've been Zwifting even on days when the weather is decent. Weird feeling to see clear skies and dry roads but opt to ride in the garage anyway.
    I’m with Buttah on this o e, go find some hills outside and drill it! Been riding my trail bike (no power meter) and still having fun and snagged a KOM uphill yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha things turned sunny and hot at 55 deg this last week. So nice to be outside in the warm! Never got around to Stage 5, might try this week...

Zwift Insider announced they are going to host the Zwift Hub site going forward - which is good news.

I don't think I'll set up a meet for Tuesday or Thursday. Not really anyone showing up anymore. Just 1 or 2 of us showing up.
    Thurs April 8 = 1: Dee Hubbs
    Tues April 13 = 4: Dee Hubbs, Wendigo, EWG, DanPDX
    Thurs April 15 = 2: Dee Hubbs, FullTrucker
    Tues April 20 = 1: Dee Hubbs
    Thurs April 22 = 1: BennyMac

go outside nerds

e I seem to have misread that post because it seems to be what people are doing.
    Last edited by jamal; 04-26-2021 at 10:14 PM.

Name:	IMG_3227.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	372835

It's still winter here on Hoth. I did go skating on that lake in the middle yesterday if that counts.

I think we are good to stop. Maybe we shoot for a ride every month or two to stay acquainted with causing each other pain, then pick back up late fall?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    go outside nerds

e I seem to have misread that post because it seems to be what people are doing.
    Not me man, you can take my Zwift power readouts and canned workouts from my cold dead hands.

IDK, after almost 20 years in this neighborhood, I've ridden all the hills ad nauseum, and group rides are still on pause around here. So yeah, I could ride solo intervals on the same hills where I've been doing that for years, but hell, Zwift actually offers more novelty and (in theory) their workouts offer more ROI than whatever workouts I make up while riding outside.

I'm pretty limited to only early morning rides on weekdays so my trainer is going to see a few more weeks of work until sunrise pushes a bit closer to 6am. That said we had shit weather on Sunday so I did 15k vert on the AdZ just to knock out something new/get a long ride in that wasn't a race (I'm seriously over zwift racing right now). I can safely report I'd never, ever do that again, that's for sure. Can't believe people do vEveresting.

I've been chasing XP and route badges, but since I do some racing I realize my mistake was not going for the tron. Still about 13000m short. Not much for upgrades after the Canyon and 808's until the later levels.

Quote Originally Posted by skiitsbetter View Post
    I've been chasing XP and route badges, but since I do some racing I realize my mistake was not going for the tron. Still about 13000m short. Not much for upgrades after the Canyon and 808's until the later levels.
    2021 Canyon Aeroad = Level 10
    Next bike work buying would be Level 20: Trek Madone, and then Level 25 Cervelo S5.

Wheels 808's = Level 13
    Next wheels with buying would be Level 35: Zip 808/Super9's
    Level 31 gets you the ENVE SES 8.9, but they are only fractionally better than the 808s.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Not me man, you can take my Zwift power readouts and canned workouts from my cold dead hands.

IDK, after almost 20 years in this neighborhood, I've ridden all the hills ad nauseum, and group rides are still on pause around here. So yeah, I could ride solo intervals on the same hills where I've been doing that for years, but hell, Zwift actually offers more novelty and (in theory) their workouts offer more ROI than whatever workouts I make up while riding outside.
    Surely that's gotta change with the CDC update on outdoor mask usage. We've been full on riding/racing in groups already this year. Did my 5th race last night.

We're still not doing the full group road rides or mass start events. We've done a TT series, a 3 day gravel race that was done team time trial style, and our upcoming xc series will let you start a group of four. Or do it by yourself, the course and timing will be set up most of the day. But we're close, most people I ride with have had at least 1 shot, so I'll consider getting our fast road ride going in a few more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Surely that's gotta change with the CDC update on outdoor mask usage. We've been full on riding/racing in groups already this year. Did my 5th race last night.
    I hope so. Having said that, I don't think the CDC explicitly talked about pacelines, which to my uneducated eyes seems like a different risk profile than solo rides. Regardless, I get my second shot in a few weeks, so two weeks after that I'll feel pretty comfortable in group rides even without explicit guidance from our main man Fauci.

I broke down and installed Zwift on my work laptop and holy shit, what a difference. I was running it at low res and still getting crappy frame rates on my 10 year old dinosaur, now I can run it at 1080 with decent frame rates. And all the peripherals just magically get recognized via built-in Bluetooth. Only negative was the erg setting for canned workouts...it's different and kind of weird to get used to now. I guess this is how it's supposed to be, but it makes shifting pointless - on my old laptop, even running in erg mode, I could shift if I wanted to spin rather than grind. That doesn't seem to work now - I can put out 200 watts at 85 RPM in any chainring/sprocket combo, which is weird as hell.

some thoughts after a few months with a kickr snap

i love erg mode, i hate shifting, it gets in the way of my beer drinking hand, which is also why i love the trainer, its how i earn my evening beers, calories in = calories out + getting some cardio = win win win

im on week 10 of the 12 week ftp routine and will prob try something more hr based rather than watts as next routines, i assume zwift will do that in some of its workouts but idk

did the watopia tour, no erg mode made it interesting since i dont shift, but proved it can be done as a singlespeed

the races were kinda fun to start slow then see how many i could hunt down by the end, but i still think i prefer the workout modes and just having the computer tell me what to do rather than paying attention to the terrain

trainer tires are not all created equal, blew out the bead on a tacx within 100mi, now on a kom made by vee that feels way better quality

scosche hr monitor works great for hr, but is completely worthless for cycling cadence on a trainer, i like the light on it telling me hr zone but it also feels cheaply made, we shall see how long it holds up to abuse

picked up a mini fan with remote that controls direction from costco, this thing kicks ass

wheel on trainers are finicky about roller tension, it basically affects gear ratio to watts produced, so if you dont tighten it enough you wont have beefy enough gearing, doing a calibration spin down and setting it to roughly 10 seconds gets into a good zone

picked up the aeroroad and 808s because thats what the cool kids told me to do, they look cool but i cant actually tell any difference since i only ride workouts haha

i use some rubber bands to do arm exercises while pedaling, and have a gyro ball thing for grip and forearm strength
    anyone else do other workouts while spinning the trainer?

you need to join our tuesday rides or the others thursday rides when they go again. there will be no opportunity for "other" exercises I assure. Nor will you worry at all ever again about your mini fan because you'll promptly throw it in the trash or best case, just use it for swass area circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrmountainman View Post
    you need to join our tuesday rides or the others thursday rides when they go again. there will be no opportunity for "other" exercises I assure. Nor will you worry at all ever again about your mini fan because you'll promptly throw it in the trash or best case, just use it for swass area circulation.
    Tell me more, zwift group rides?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk