Page 33 of 97 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Sweet shots everyone.

There's just soooo much untracked out there. Seems like less peeps doing short local missions. No wilson faces or Tacobell .

Hopefully just less peeps. Period.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The groomers were good but not as i expected. The clouds rolled in before dawn so we didn't get any radiant action.
    A quick Moran lap was slick so moving up Teton and down Wide open provided that smooth velvety feel of tilled real snow. The blown shite was too hard to start.

From the tram before tower 3, I saw EoB disappear over the Grand zoomer rollover following the chickadee. I know those turns already and the purple jacky...

I can assure you T3 remains...

After seeing the cloud over the vill at 6 am, I took the race skis offa the roof and rolled the Old LPRs. They rule.
    I have to pay attention in the off piste tho, they still wanna buck ya.
    Plow Trains in the crud.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't taken this many days off voluntarily in many years. It's weird.

Feeling better with the chronic back issues but seem to fire them up each time I go out. Missed turns with a lotta mags lately because of it, bummed.

The flow of stoke and pics has made me needy for some soft.
    No jinxy, just hopey.

Dang that middle of north Hoback is some dreamy chalk mini bump goodness right now

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Dang that middle of north Hoback is some dreamy chalk mini bump goodness right now

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Groomers were zoomy this morning. The mountain delivers.

LoL, what do you think this person paid for these plates?
    I didn't even know you could have a zero.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20230123-155925.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	547.4 KB 
ID:	444240

Or is it a Q?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Followed EoB's advice today and ripped some cord this morning with Mrs K and mag in training cousin. So good.. kinda cold too
    Kinda cool that we had a completely random linkup with your cuz back east. He's in a better place now. Say hi to Mrs. K for all of us.

Truth be told, we're getting into a real winter pattern back here (finally) Nuthin like what you guys have had so far but we'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    OMG... we used to lock everything TF up on the east coast! TBH I could not have afforded to lose any gear. It took a while to unlearn that habit.

Attachment 444118
    Just when I think you've nailed the most amazing shot ever, you roll out another that makes it unpossible to say, "That's the best!"

When I was a kid, I used to paint my only pair of skis (usually Rossi ST Comps) flat black so the miscreants from Billerica wouldn't clip them at Waterville Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    LoL, what do you think this person paid for these plates?
    I didn't even know you could have a zero.

Name:	Screenshot_20230123-155925.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	547.4 KB 
ID:	444240

Or is it a Q?
    There IS someone with a "Q" license plate in Jackson — I've seen it. Can't tell if that is it, though!

Turns out it's $30 for custom plates — less Veteran's or UW plates. Go figure.

You can only use capital letters & arabic numerals, so if you were hoping for "۴۲۰god" yer outta luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post

Just when I think you've nailed the most amazing shot ever, you roll out another that makes it unpossible to say, "That's the best!"

When I was a kid, I used to paint my only pair of skis (usually Rossi ST Comps) flat black so the miscreants from Billerica wouldn't clip them at Waterville Valley.
    Wow.. thank you! Kind words indeed and much appreciated.

I've spray painted top sheets black before when I wasn't a fan of the graphics (I did that out here!). Igneous made me a pair of skis (I think it was '99) with a plain white top sheet. Less snow sticks to plain white.

Here's a main who knows what to do with a blank canvas:

Name:	041A7536.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	444248

Cold temps make for dreamy faceted goodness — if you know where to find what hasn't been f'ed by wind & sun.

Here we go, Teton Village west side. https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/...21c62ef1b.html

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Sweet shots everyone.

There's just soooo much untracked out there. Seems like less peeps doing short local missions. No wilson faces or Tacobell .

Hopefully just less peeps. Period.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The groomers were good but not as i expected. The clouds rolled in before dawn so we didn't get any radiant action.
    A quick Moran lap was slick so moving up Teton and down Wide open provided that smooth velvety feel of tilled real snow. The blown shite was too hard to start.

From the tram before tower 3, I saw EoB disappear over the Grand zoomer rollover following the chickadee. I know those turns already and the purple jacky...

I can assure you T3 remains...

After seeing the cloud over the vill at 6 am, I took the race skis offa the roof and rolled the Old LPRs. They rule.
    I have to pay attention in the off piste tho, they still wanna buck ya.
    Plow Trains in the crud.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't taken this many days off voluntarily in many years. It's weird.

Feeling better with the chronic back issues but seem to fire them up each time I go out. Missed turns with a lotta mags lately because of it, bummed.

The flow of stoke and pics has made me needy for some soft.
    No jinxy, just hopey.
    Sorry to hear about your ongoing back issues. Mine is fucked too. Broke down last week and get an MRI, Dr. told me to not ski for awhile and do PT.

You might be onto something about less people doing local missions. The work from home covid crowd that is occupying so much of our housing stock probably isn't getting after it as hard as the people they displaced.

Poles are distracting. Heh. I need to learn to like them.

But the sunglasses and trucker hat and pow turn are awesome.

TBC was hit Thursday evening (hmm...) and again sometime in the last few days.

If your last name isn't Hunt or you don't know one, you're probably not skiing the Wilson faces!

[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Poles are distracting. Heh. I need to learn to like them.

But the sunglasses and trucker hat and pow turn are awesome.
    Real talk — you find the 4" of pole above his hand *that* distracting? Genuinely curious.

Day involved puffy coats & full gear to vents open and mesh hats. It was the whole range.

There IS someone with a "Q" license plate in Jackson — I've seen it. Can't tell if that is it, though!

Turns out it's $30 for custom plates — less Veteran's or UW plates. Go figure.

You can only use capital letters & arabic numerals, so if you were hoping for "۴۲۰god" yer outta luck.
    The pro move is to get the game and fish plate with the deer on it. Its the only one that doesn't have your county number, so you're safe when you are in other parts of Wyoming.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Kinda cool that we had a completely random linkup with your cuz back east. He's in a better place now. Say hi to Mrs. K for all of us.

Truth be told, we're getting into a real winter pattern back here (finally) Nuthin like what you guys have had so far but we'll take it.
    I sent him out there hoping he'd run into someone, glad it was you guys! The kid has the sickness now for sure. And happy to hear about the other thing too, it would make me happy if EC time is coming.
    Last edited by kokomas; 01-23-2023 at 09:10 PM.
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Still plenty of smooth chaulky goodness on the bowl today.

Sweet shots everyone.

There's just soooo much untracked out there.
    Doing our best.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    The work from home covid crowd that is occupying so much of our housing stock probably isn't getting after it as hard as the people they displaced.
    Parking at the pass or in the park certainly doesn’t seem so
    tight as in years past.

Day involved puffy coats & full gear to vents open and mesh hats. It was the whole range.

-6 in the park ing lot on a not early start this am.
    One of those perfect bluebird days with no wind.
    Made for stellar conditions.

Name:	CA36AD38-E5D9-41CB-A8F1-9BFAEC450856.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	626.3 KB 
ID:	444285

DJ - I have a good source and plenty of first hand knowledge on back/disc issues. Let’s talk. Maybe over a wax room session. Can be out my way too. Rest is not always the necessary plan especially if you are dealing with the affected tissue actively, with purpose.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

^^^^^
    Yeah Schwerty, anytime you're gonna be free, I'd be down to chat about disc issues. I got 'em.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    More than 1 mag hitting the wall lately. At least 2 told me of hard hits last weekend.
    Go easy bros.

Took a few trams yesterday, gforce is right, the bowl is still nice and carvy. But the bumps in the chokes are hilariously shaped.

Lindenle and I stopped to check on the intermediate gal who cartwheeled thru a few before stopping. Impressively, she was OK.

Crowds are kinda like the old days again. Not too many to start and pretty much walk on everywhere after opening.
    There for a while, we were complaining at the crowds arriving at 7am on a dead snow tuesday. Hopefully that trend has abated.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've seen the Q plate as well. Getting a zero on your plate says 110% poser.
    Lotsa new folks, and not kids, fucking up the local vibe here. With any luck, their covid local lifestyles will get boring and they'll get pushed out.

We need some tremors.

Quote Originally Posted by gtid View Post
    Here we go, Teton Village west side. https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/...21c62ef1b.html

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Pretty sure those 28 cabins are actually like 3000 square foot mcmansions.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Pretty sure those 28 cabins are actually like 3000 square foot mcmansions.
    I'm sure it'll be just dandy to drive fire trucks up ski hill road on busy weekend days when traffic is backed up from the Targhee parking lot to the overlook, especially when there are more people up there and less parking because of the houses being built where lots 4 and 5 currently are located.

Also "Targhee is figuring out who will own the cabins, Gillett said, but the idea is to write requirements for the development that ensure they are rented short-term to maximize the number of skiers using them."

I've kinda wondered what it would be like for people living at the base of targhee in the houses or cabins or duplexes that they've planned, but it sounds like no one will actually live at the base? LIke would Targhee be an interesting place to live or would it be isolated and annoying?

MTB and trail running and nordic and lift served skiing out the door, but an 26 mile round trip drive or bus ride to the nearest grocery store and year round restaurants and services. Also, what happens in 20 or 30 years when there is no longer reliable snow?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I'm sure it'll be just dandy to drive fire trucks up ski hill road on busy weekend days when traffic is backed up from the Targhee parking lot to the overlook, especially when there are more people up there and less parking because of the houses being built where lots 4 and 5 currently are located.
    Hey man, it’s been quite a while since Targhee burned down, again. 😜 Jay Pences WUI concerns are super valid as well.

Depending on how things go and snow, I may pass through about Feb. 14-15 or so.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Hey man, it’s been quite a while since Targhee burned down, again. �� Jay Pences WUI concerns are super valid as well.
    “Maury the Bucket And Larry The Match”
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Hey all the forecast seems to be shaping up for at least a small storm cycle. I’m thinking of heading over and skiing Friday- Monday. I’m not doing much touring this year but I will bring my gear to hit RS or maybe Granite if conditions permit it.
    BTW the stoke and discussion in the thread have been fun to follow this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things you see:

After a week of not skiing I headed to the sidecountry area that I thought gave me a tiny chance of soft turns. I was denied decent snow but looking into a "don't go that way" zone above some significant but unseen cliffs saw some ski tracks heading in and some boot tracks climbing up and out. Exiting the area I noticed a sliver of orange in an area of gray and white way overhead and below where the tracks were. A poopy pants moment was probably provided free of charge to the ski owner....although I'm guessing they may have been rentals. On another note I ran into lots of small windslab pockets randomly placed here and there. Some fresh will lie on that soon and it's not bonded well at all...something to watch for as it was pretty randomly distributed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6844.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	444426  

Another sideways pic...fail