Page 245 of 641 FirstFirst ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,125 of 16014
    A few months back people were calling me a scammer for playing with Mythical NFTs.

Life comes at you fast.

"Crypto startup Mythical Games, the developer of the NFT-driven Blankos Block Party game, today announced a new $150 million Series C funding round. It values the firm at $1.25 billion, marking another so-called crypto unicorn with a billion-dollar valuation.

Mythical’s latest round is packed with big names from the venture capital world, not to mention sports and entertainment. Major VC firm Andreessen Horowitz led the round, which also includes participation from crypto exchanges FTX and Binance, as well as D1 Capital, RedBird Capital, and The Raine Group.

https://decrypt.co/85240/mythical-ga...michael-jordan

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

I'm still looking for an NFT exposure play. Been doing a bunch of research, just not happy with anything quite yet.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

HOLD perhaps? I’m not into it

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I'm still looking for an NFT exposure play. Been doing a bunch of research, just not happy with anything quite yet.
    WAX is stupid undervalued IMO. It's the most used Blockchain in the world and not even on page 1 of CMC.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    A few months back people were calling me a scammer for playing with Mythical NFTs.

Life comes at you fast.

"Crypto startup Mythical Games, the developer of the NFT-driven Blankos Block Party game, today announced a new $150 million Series C funding round. It values the firm at $1.25 billion, marking another so-called crypto unicorn with a billion-dollar valuation.

Mythical’s latest round is packed with big names from the venture capital world, not to mention sports and entertainment. Major VC firm Andreessen Horowitz led the round, which also includes participation from crypto exchanges FTX and Binance, as well as D1 Capital, RedBird Capital, and The Raine Group.

https://decrypt.co/85240/mythical-ga...michael-jordan

“We’re fighting the corrupt system and the evil billionaires!” “Wealth redistribution!”

Also

“”Awesome, the billionaires are on our side!!”

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    https://enjin.io/blog/nft-beginners-...EaArAtEALw_wcB

I like the concept. Haven't found an entry point yet

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    https://enjin.io/blog/nft-beginners-...EaArAtEALw_wcB

I like the concept. Haven't found an entry point yet
    Ditto. Enjin has been on my radar for a long time.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    “We’re fighting the corrupt system and the evil billionaires!” “Wealth redistribution!”

Also

“”Awesome, the billionaires are on our side!!”
    The rich are always gonna get a piece of the action. But this is just validation for the transition to web 3.0, which will be an improvement due to player owned NFTs and play-to-earn incentives. Lots of people in developing nations making really good money for just playing video games. That really didn't exist before at scale.

‘When you truly own your legendary sword of warlock slaying, and it is verifiably scarce with an identity all its own, it brings actual real-world value to the digital space’

i has scarce swords

The rich are always gonna get a piece of the action. But this is just validation for the transition to web 3.0, which will be an improvement due to player owned NFTs and play-to-earn incentives. Lots of people in developing nations making really good money for just playing video games. That really didn't exist before at scale.
    Jesus dude, really?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

One of the more batshit crazy things I’ve read on this here site.

Congrats!!
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    One of the more batshit crazy things I’ve read on this here site.

Congrats!!
    I have to agree, Stalefish has an uncanny ability to go to 11.
    Occasionally (like now), to 13.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

I'm not sure what is crazy that he's saying - I have been reading/hearing about people in poor countries making big bucks playing video games. Are you saying it's not true? I find it kinda scary, like the matrix. I prefer the real world to the "metaverse".
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    I'm not sure what is crazy that he's saying - I have been reading/hearing about people in poor countries making big bucks playing video games. Are you saying it's not true? I find it kinda scary, like the matrix. I prefer the real world to the "metaverse".
    If any of that is true, how can it be any good for anyone? How will it help the human race? Using up energy to play video games to get paid in crypto that was created using even more energy just does not seem to make any sense but WTF do I know? I am old.

https://www.thestreet.com/personal-f...games-14996867

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_farming

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    It is not "crazy" stating the obvious, there are people making a living grinding levels in some digital sweatshops in the third world countries.
    What is crazy is suggesting that that is somehow a State of Being to be aspired for.
    Normalizing absurdities (economical, societal, environmental), is Stales modus operandi.
    His train of thought around issues regarding digitality is, imho, batshit crazy.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    If any of that is true, how can it be any good for anyone? How will it help the human race? Using up energy to play video games to get paid in crypto that was created using even more energy just does not seem to make any sense but WTF do I know? I am old.

its good for the person making money, as long as they are not doing it for someone else.......

No idea the actual economics behind is, but I am certain if you making 30+ an hour playing a game, you will not complain... Especially if your other outlets are much worse.

Hey I'm old too and if facebook is any indication of the "metaverse" I'm not interested. I like going outside, not playing video games inside. I guess younger people like computer worlds though.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Let's recap the events:

1) stalefish posts about gaming NFTs

2) stalefish gets called scammer

3) stalefish defends himself, gets reprimanded for his tone

4) months go by, NFTs go mainstream in NYC

6) A-list investors invest bigly in said gaming NFTs

7) haters and luddites double down, call stalefish batshit crazy

How does a bunch of people driving up to their luxury mountain vacation homes in big gas-guzzling SUVs where they will stand in long ski lift lines with other wealthy participants and judge each other help the human race?

Secondly, for those of you who don't understand blockchain consensus algorithms, or crypto basics in general, some of them are much more efficient than others. BTC is not designed for video games. It's primary use case is money, so it has the most security. Some newer blockchains trade BTC's security, censorship resistance, and immutability for speed.

How does a bunch of people driving up to their luxury mountain vacation homes in big gas-guzzling SUVs where they will stand in long ski lift lines with other wealthy participants and judge each other help the human race?
    They do not. It is consumption will little ROI other than that it (skiing) makes me smile, for me that is enough. But then again I don't own a luxury mountain home or a gas guzzling SUV.

And none of that changes the fact that
    Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    is fucking insane.

They do not. It is consumption will little ROI other than that it (skiing) makes me smile, for me that is enough. But then again I don't own a luxury mountain home or a gas guzzling SUV.

And none of that changes the fact that is fucking insane.
    Web 3.0 is way more than just video games man. In Web 2.0, giant corporations (Facebook, Google, etc.) have made tons of money from profiting off of the users. Web 3.0 aims to flip the script and drive value to the people and creators, not the centralized corporations. Why is that insane? I think our current situation is much worse.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

This?
    So what is Web 3.0?

Five years ago, it was thought that the next generation of the internet would be the Semantic Web. Berners-Lee coined the term to describe a web in which machines would process content in a humanlike way (i.e., a “Global Brain” where all data would be connected and understood both contextually and conceptually).

The Semantic Web did not materialize for a number of reasons. The primary reason was that the real AI technology, referred to as RDF (resource description framework), was nearly impossible to implement. How can a machine know the difference between a jaguar (the animal) and a Jaguar (the car)? The only way to know the difference is to understand the context in which it is being described.

Connecting concepts and building taxonomies for every word are monumentally difficult tasks. So difficult that despite IBM’s Watson spending billions to advance this technology, it never truly came to fruition.

Although not the Semantic Web envisioned by Berners-Lee, Web 3.0 is in many ways a return to his original web, where “no permission is needed from a central authority to post anything ... there is no central controlling node, and so no single point of failure ... and no “kill switch”!

The rise of technologies such as distributed ledgers and storage on blockchain will allow for data decentralization and create a transparent and secure environment, overtaking Web 2.0’s centralization, surveillance and exploitative advertising. Decentralized infrastructure and application platforms will displace centralized tech giants, and individuals will be able to rightfully own their data.

Indeed, one of the most significant implications of decentralization and blockchain technology is in the area of data ownership and compensation. As we move toward Web 3.0 and the technologies that support it mature and become scalable, I believe the web will reflect its original intent.

Surely, Berners-Lee did not foresee that internet behemoths would dominate the web and become owners and profiteers of our data. The chronic interruptions that have become the norm in Web 2.0 will disappear as decentralization also makes possible transparent, opt-in, peer-to-peer communications that allow individuals to take ownership of their precious time.

In sum, Web 3.0 will bring us a fairer internet by enabling the individual to be a sovereign. True sovereignty implies owning and being able to control who profits from one’s time and information. Web 3.0’s decentralized blockchain protocol will enable individuals to connect to an internet where they can own and be properly compensated for their time and data, eclipsing an exploitative and unjust web, where giant, centralized repositories are the only ones that own and profit from it.
    I am not saying that concept is insane. I am saying that that concept has the remotest possibility to remake society and address systemic problems such as opportunity for younger generations, student debt, income inequality or our nations divided nature is beyond a reach of my wildest imagination. Good luck to you.

I'm kind of halfway between Bunion and Stalefish on this and speak as a tech dork who was in on the genesis of Web 1.0, made my career on Web 2.0 and am seeing Web 3.0 develop

The ideal is good. The reality is that incumbent oligarchs will almost certainly find a way to dominate the system. My best hope is that they won't corrupt it

I view blockchain, crypto as its expression and finally smart contracts, NFTs etc as the apps as useful proof of concepts. Hopefully they will tilt power to creatives. Hopefully they will overcome the distasteful environmental downsides
    Hopefully the scams will become the exceptions. But till then it's prudent to see middle ground and gray area as the reality and vet all concepts with maximal skepticism.

Oh and buy more RIOT, HUT and BITF... that too

There were ~50 million people online in 1995 for 1.0 when it was rich 1st worlders, ~500 million in 2001 for 2.0 when it was global rich people, and ~5 billion in 2021 for 3.0 when it’s almost every adult in the world but the dialogue about Web 3.0 is the same, with the same embedded assumptions.