Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    from NYT

uh huh, Monsieu Prudhomme, cuz they're RULES, amirite?!?

will be interesting to see how it goes, esp with the pandemic compounding it all...it is always a spectacle

odds on multiple teams going out due to COVID during the 3 wks...?
    I think to some extent the riders will be happier this year when the climbs are devoid of yahoos torching off road flares & bottle rockets, and waving flags in their faces while getting spit on.

I'm guessing two teams see two or more people get sick. One of which will turn out to be false positives...Oh the drama!

And one of my guys has already hit the tarmac...twice.
    The Sheriff is near!

2020 TDF Fantasy League

Wow, the rain is taking a wicked toll on this first stage. How bout these killer 3D graphics of the parcour?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Easier bet is what stage they call the whole thing off. France is experiencing a spike in cases right now. Paris just mandated universal mask use, outside.

Podium boys?!?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Podium boys?!?

Nice job.

I, on the other hand need to do some retooling.
    The Sheriff is near!

FYI: Kat5 is Mrs Dee Hubbs.

I woke up in a panic at 2am and switched out Julian Alaphilippe for Tom Dumoulin. And in my late night stupor I unchecked Sagan as my road Captain. That was like lighting a $100 (point) bill on fire. Oh well.
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 08-29-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Ummmm I’m in 2nd?? I picked based on name.... so do i keep the same riders or switch per stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Ummmm I’m in 2nd?? I picked based on name.... so do i keep the same riders or switch per stage?
    You used your "120 Stars" to pick your riders.
    You have "400 credits" to change out riders, which cost 50 credits per change, so you get 8 changes.
    You can change your "Road Captain" daily, at no cost. Your road captain get you double the points (kinda).
    So today was a sprint stage, so you should have chose your sprinter as your road captain, on a climbing stage you choose your climber as your road captain. Kat5 had Sagan as captain and got 248 point, I had Sagan, but not as my captain, so Sagan only got me 150 points today.
    If you want to change out a rider, you can only change him for someone of equal or lesser "Star Points".
    My advice would be to save your rider changes for if/when your riders crash out/COVID out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    You used your "120 Stars" to pick your riders.
    You have "400 credits" to change out riders, which cost 50 credits per change, so you get 8 changes.
    You can change your "Road Captain" daily, at no cost. Your road captain get you double the points (kinda).
    So today was a sprint stage, so you should have chose your sprinter as your road captain, on a climbing stage you choose your climber as your road captain. Kat5 had Sagan as captain and got 248 point, I had Sagan, but not as my captain, so Sagan only got me 150 points today.
    If you want to change out a rider, you can only change him for someone of equal or lesser "Star Points".
    My advice would be to save your rider changes for if/when your riders crash out/COVID out.
    Solid info! Guess I need to pay attention to a couple of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Solid info! Guess I need to pay attention to a couple of things.

Since he's in such a generous mood perhaps you could ask him who his road captain is for tomorrow?
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    Since he's in such a generous mood perhaps you could ask him who his road captain is for tomorrow?
    My Puncheur will be my Road Captain!

any renegade ways to watch the tour this year? $55 for NBC Sports Cycling package is the only option i see and we don’t have any way to record it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    any renegade ways to watch the tour this year? $55 for NBC Sports Cycling package is the only option i see and we don’t have any way to record it.
    NBCSN has the commercial feed. It's better than a kick in the nuts.

GCN has a new paid streaming service although watch for geo restrictions even if paid.
    Flobikes could be the trick.

My Puncheur will be my Road Captain!
    I figured so.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    I think you want to ask his wife...

Speaking of which she expands her lead via Alaphilippe as her road captain. Chapeau!

And sadness for Philippe Gilbert who broke his kneecap yesterday. That’s two years after he broke his kneecap and rode 35 miles to the finish

Sagan went soooo early. I though he had it, until I realized he still had 200m to go before the line...?

Sagan went soooo early. I though he had it, until I realized he still had 200m to go before the line...?
    Great move though by Ewen to slip by him on the wall. That could have been a disaster.
    The Sheriff is near!

Do you think this will be Sagan’s last tour? Or is he going to flip the switch and win all the remaining sprints?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Do you think this will be Sagan’s last tour? Or is he going to flip the switch and win all the remaining sprints?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven't heard that Sagan is thinking of switching his schedule. He's only 30 and he's the record holder for green jerseys at 7. So I'm gonna guess he pads that record for another couple of years. WRT contesting sprints, he obviously wants to win a stage, but the green jersey requires consistency and the occasional jaunt up the road which I've gotta think will nibble into his top end. It's less exciting than winning stages, but winning green year after year is just incroyable.

Sepp Kuss!

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Sepp Kuss!
    That pace that WVA was pushing at the front was crazy, even more crazy was that they were all in their big rings.
    When WVA pulled off I did not think Kuss would have much more left in him, but hell he pulled all the way until 150m left.
    Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Sepp Kuss!
    Local kid looking pretty good!
    The Sheriff is near!

That pace that WVA was pushing at the front was crazy, even more crazy was that they were all in their big rings.
    When WVA pulled off I did not think Kuss would have much more left in him, but hell he pulled all the way until 150m left.
    Great job.
    What I liked is that when Van Aert pulled off and Kwiatkowski started to pull for Ineos, Kuss metaphorically said "Is that all you got? Let's try THIS pace".