FS: BD Helio 116 186cm, Dynafit Radical Toe/Speed Turn Heel, BD Skins $600

Price reduced to $600 shipped

Black Diamond Helio 116 Ski, 185cm. Used maybe 40 days last season. Skis are in good condition, bases have only a few minor scratches, no core shots or edge damage. There are a few minor cosmetic scratches and chips on the topsheets. See the photos.

Dynafit hybrid binding: Radical toe and Speed Turn heel. I think this is the most solid combination of Dynafit components. The toe has a 6mm shim from the Radical FT binding to reduce ramp angle. Bindings are mounted for 317mm BSL.

Skins are Black Diamond Mohair Mix. Center strip has been removed.

This is a super fun, lightweight powder touring setup.

Asking $600 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Paypal preferred.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9313.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	351.0 KB 
ID:	215476Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9312.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	403.0 KB 
ID:	215477Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9314.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	971.1 KB 
ID:	215480Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9316.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1,019.0 KB 
ID:	215474Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9317.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	656.5 KB 
ID:	215475
    Last edited by ccl; 11-19-2017 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Price reduced

If anybody wanted the skis and skins I might be interested in the bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    If anybody wanted the skis and skins I might be interested in the bindings.
    either way i'd love to see what OP's pricing breakdown is if split. Whole package seems spendy to me. I know the skis new are like $850, but thats full retail. The skis topsheets look a little beat up. Skins look older (maybe its just the camera or cameraman/woman), and I figure the bindings are maybe worth $250, probably less around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    either way i'd love to see what OP's pricing breakdown is if split. Whole package seems spendy to me. I know the skis new are like $850, but thats full retail. The skis topsheets look a little beat up. Skins look older (maybe its just the camera or cameraman/woman), and I figure the bindings are maybe worth $250, probably less around here.
    I was thinking more like $150-200

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    I was thinking more like $150-200
    yeah i didnt want to really lowball it. I figure that whole setup is probably more in the $500 range, but thats just me...sounds like you might even be thinking the same

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    yeah i didnt want to really lowball it. I figure that whole setup is probably more in the $500 range, but thats just me...sounds like you might even be thinking the same
    Nah, the skis and skins look fine besides the couple tiny tip chips.

It's not easy finding that model ski as much of a discount, I looked for almost a year before giving in and coughing up the money. At 1,650g it's the lightest fat ski out there, and it's made in the Blizzard factory. It's made to BD's specs so it's not actually a "ZeroG 116", but close enough.

The top sheets have two chips near the tips and a few scratches but are otherwise normal for the use they’ve received. Skins were new last year, standard BD mohair mix.

It’s a bit spendy to put together a Radical/Speed Turn combo and not easy to track down the toe shim depending who’s answering the phone at Dynafit. Some won’t appreciate the hybrid but many would be psyched.

Was thinking something along the lines of:

Skis $375
    Bindings $200
    Skins $75
    Shipping $30-50

Seems reasonable to me but I’m willing to entertain fair offers.

At this point not willing to sell separately unless a couple buyers join forces.

FYI Really like this set up but concerned the lighter boots I got this year won’t be enough to drive them and also need to pay for said boots.

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    The top sheets have two chips near the tips and a few scratches but are otherwise normal for the use they’ve received. Skins were new last year, standard BD mohair mix.

It’s a bit spendy to put together a Radical/Speed Turn combo and not easy to track down the toe shim depending who’s answering the phone at Dynafit. Some won’t appreciate the hybrid but many would be psyched.

Was thinking something along the lines of:

Skis $375
    Bindings $200
    Skins $75
    Shipping $30-50

Seems reasonable to me but I’m willing to entertain fair offers.

At this point not willing to sell separately unless a couple buyers join forces.

FYI Really like this set up but concerned the lighter boots I got this year won’t be enough to drive them and also need to pay for said boots.
    Ok my apologies. That breakdown seems.resonable for what appear to be a hard to find ski.

I was aware they are made by blizzard.

Bump.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    It's not easy finding that model ski as much of a discount, I looked for almost a year before giving in and coughing up the money. At 1,650g it's the lightest fat ski out there, and it's made in the Blizzard factory. It's made to BD's specs so it's not actually a "ZeroG 116", but close enough.
    You skied yours yet? What bindings you put on them?

Not many reviews out there. Pretty sure I've seen Brittany/MBSC's review, and Blister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Picked up a pair of 186 length this Spring, so still in the plastic. Was worried that 186 might be too long, but expected them to be on softer side so I went long for use with overnight pack.

Just got a pair of used 178 Lotus 120's, so don't know what the hell to do now. Lotus 120 is 200g heavier but stiffer, tough call...
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 11-07-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Pretty sure the la sportive vapor float is lighter by a fair bit, wider too.

that is true, and the DPS L124 Tour1 lists at 1615 on skimoco, but those are both hella spendy

Picked up a pair of 186 length this Spring, so still in the plastic. Was worried that 186 might be too long, but expected them to be on softer side so I went long for use with overnight pack.

Just got a pair of used 178 Lotus 120's, so don't know what the hell to do now. Lotus 120 is 200g heavier but stiffer, tough call...
    Well, if you must pass on that 120s deal, PM me =)
    Uno mas

Edit: these are 186cm not 185cm

Priced reduced to $600!

That's a square deal for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.