Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    So, to all the suggestions of the rubber coated hooks-I’ve always read it’s bad to hang the bike by one wheel..... thoughts?
    If your bike is so fragile that it gets damaged when you hang it by one wheel, you're gonna have problems when it starts running into rocks and roots and 25mph with a 175 lbs of rider on it.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    I, personally, don't like to hang bikes in a way that encourages shock fluid to drain toward the fork crown. In other words, upside down or hanging by the front wheel. Others disagree, but I feel like seals leak less when stored upright.
    entirely depends on the fork design. On older forks, it was much more of an issue. These days, most of the dampers are using a bladder that's completely filled and purged of air. Doesn't matter which way you turn it, the oil doesn't flow anywhere (and is up against the seals at all times). There's a small amount of oil in the fork lowers, and inverting the fork arguably is better than having the fork stored upright where that oil just sits at the bottom of the leg.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Oh yea - an edit to say some folks swear inverting bikes is bad for hydraulic brakes. Since I don't store them that way, I haven't paid much attention to see if there is truth to that.
    It's not bad for the brake, but if there's air in the system, storing the bike vertically can make that air move around. I take that as a good thing, because 1) it lets you know your brakes need a bleed, and 2) it usually puts the air bubble in close proximity to the bleed port at the lever. Sometimes when I have a brake that's being fussy, I take it off the bike and hang it vertically to get any air bubbles to migrate to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Those SteadyRacks are pricey but I've been extremely happy with the setup. Got them for a bit less $$ via Amazon last summer. In particular how easy it is to store the bikes closely together and then pivot them out of the way to make clearance for removing a bike.

Attachment 268079
    Exactly what I was hoping to find out. TGR delivers.
    I've got a few weeks before we even close on the house, so plenty of time to mull it over. Might just buy 1 or 2 of them to fiddle around with.

Leaning more toward the deluxe options because for once I can. And garage clutter for the last decade has annoyed me. The DIY Steadyrack on hinges intrigues me. But the hooks kill it. I've thinking about ways to suspend a nice easy-in-easy-out wheel tray onto the hinge system.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I've thinking about ways to suspend a nice easy-in-easy-out wheel tray onto the hinge system.
    Be sure to post back if you figure out a way to do it. Watched a GMBN video a few days ago where Blake built himself vertical bike storage that cradles the wheel. Might be a way to modify that with the hinges.

All that said, I think if budget allows, the steady rack looks like a good solution with minimal fiddle factor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

it's funny bc we have such a hodgepodge of bike storage
    andrew made some wheel wedges out of some extra wood block for 2 bikes + a single bike stand, then the e commuter bike has a kick stand

Then hanging we have 2 of the basic garage hooks and then one of the wall mounted side hooks.
    All in all I'd say the most basic hooks and wood blocks work as well as the others
    I know you guys think pinterest is dorky but they have some dope garage storage ideas. Don't search for yard pump tracks either if you don't want to get sucked in

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uxt95vQ3TQqlabtSsAnkOA.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	268149

Name:	ZMbDFfx9RV2yds7P72Pwig.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	268150
    skid luxury

Sno-bladez?

Also keeping all this in mind for when I finally have a garage again this summer(hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Sno-bladez?

Also keeping all this in mind for when I finally have a garage again this summer(hopefully)
    those are my niece Ava's old skis. I like to make ski pole chimes and kids skis have less metal so are easier to drill through so I hoard them
    BUT my husband has something even better than snowblades....big feet
    He still skis these at least one day a year lol

Name:	hlsnGGOBQ5K4VNAna4188g.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	268161
    skid luxury