Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Powder cords, home made

I'm selling powder cords. I'm making some in my spare time while I'm out of work. These include a small holster that attaches to either your power strap or the top buckle of your boot. The advantage is the holster keeps the ribbon firmly attached to your boot, so if you have a gentle release (like if you have some ice in your Dynafit fittings that you didn't realize when you stepped in?) the ski will probably stay attached to your foot, acting like a leash, but when you blow off a ski the ribbon detaches, stays with the ski as normal, making it easier to find said ski in deep snow.
    I'm selling these for $20.00 including shipping via USPS first class mail.

I guess I can't download pics for some reason, I'll try to figure that out later. you can see my pics on e-bay. My user name on e-bay is hikenflyer. I'll add a link to the e-bay auction later.

wow, and they come with rainbow colored straps too.... (just sayin)

yes rainbow

Yeah, I know. I'm just trying to use stuff that I can buy as remnants. The actual ribbons are solid red though. Does the price seem reasonable?
    MG

price might be fine, forum is wrong. epic ski is a MUCH better bet for this kind of thing.

Could I get DOUBLE rainbow straps on mine?

LOL...is it some kind of unspoken rule that these things are only allowed to be made with rainbow webbing?
    Training for Alpental

Seriously though, I just lost a ski in pow this year. if you can hook me up with some non-rainbow ones, I'm all over it. Looks like a good system if you ask me!

Props on the DIY. Your retail competitors sell for about $12 bucks. I would encourage you to lower the price. Good luck.

Sign me up I'll take um a pair...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

People make fun of these endlessly until you end up spending the best day of the season rooting around in 3 feet of snow for your favorite powder sticks. The breakaway idea is sweet, surely beats re-stuffing the ribbons every time.
    "Life's not a bitch. Life's a beautiful woman. You only call her a bitch 'cause she won't let you get that pussy." - Aesop

I can not believe someone actually posted this here.
    What is this board coming to.
    Turn up your fucking din, then you dont have to dig for your ski.

Good feedback
    Seriously, if anybody wants these with plain color just send me a pm.
    When I started skiing everybody used safety straps, and long thongs, so we never needed to worry about losing a ski, but we did suffer a few concussions, lacerations, etc.. I know a guy who sufferd a compound fracture of Fib/Tib this november in the BC (requiring a long drawn out rescue). He didn't lose his ski, but is out of commision for the rest of this year. He might have sufferd the same with a lower din, but who knows.

If you french fry when you pizza you're going to have a bad time.

I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...
    "Life's not a bitch. Life's a beautiful woman. You only call her a bitch 'cause she won't let you get that pussy." - Aesop

That Cat is exactly the way I feel!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Thats like comparing a Big Mac to a Filet Mignon, wait did I just say that referencing powder cords...

The OP's may serve the same function as those but are more thought out and less likely to be tailing out from under your gators, at least hiding the fact that you are indeed a gaper in the lift line. Plus with shipping they are only 5 bucks more.

The rainbow shit is pretty funny though.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

These could be useful, but the rainbow has to go. Any way to make them less conspicuous? Do they stay attached to your boot or the ski if you want to boot around a bit?

There is my new quote!!! Sorry when I'm around, you know it's going to get weird.

My eyes have been ruined by that nutsack pic.

My Eyes are singed for life thanks to TheDon. Funny ass shit though!

Wyowill,
    The small holster attaches to your power strap or your top buckle of your boot. So the actual ribbon of the powder cord is folded up in the holster, then you can easilly adjust the length of the powder cord to fit to your ski brake or some other place on your binding. So if you want to boot pack you just need to roll up the powder cord a little to keep it under your pant leg, then when you want to put your ski back on re-adjust the length. Realistically, you probably wont be doing too much boot packing in deep powder right, so it's probably easier to just leave the powder cord attached to the ski with the holster, then it's easy to reattach to your boot when you step in to your binding.
    The nice thing about these is the ability to act like a leash, but still release when the ski has some velocity to it. ( Saves you from getting wacked by your ski while you're cartwheeling down the slope!)Then you can still find the ski.
    If anybody wants these in plain colors (red ribbon ,no rainbow) just send me a PM.
    MG

Still cracks me up how people rip on these things so much. People used to talk shit about helmets, now look around.....

100% of people who have lost a ski on a powder day or lost valuable minutes/hours searching for a lost ski would gladly hit the resent button and have powder cords.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    for me
    helmet = important safety gear
    powder cords = nonessential dork gear
    but to each his own
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    oh and a compimentary fkna and change for a nickel sticker for the first mag who finds and posts yetimans pic of the dork laying on the sillytude stairs with his snowlerblades and flouresent dork cords
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno