Page 698 of 820 FirstFirst ... 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 ... LastLast
Results 17,426 to 17,450 of 20492

Looks like season pass holders here will be getting discount next year due to early closure. I’m usually not a big advocate of our Bergbahn but it’s a nice gesture from them.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Looks like season pass holders here will be getting discount next year due to early closure. I’m usually not a big advocate of our Bergbahn but it’s a nice gesture from them.
    Where is "here"?

Definitely not the case here, in Switzerland, unless they have reversed their stance in the past couple of days.

Garmisch Partenkirchen

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    It’s strongly advised against. Guides have stopped in solidarity. Use deepl if you can’t read French
    https://www.lenouvelliste.ch/dossier...-valais-920768
    'tis true

Lot's of 'Uphill skiing' happening today mind. Mostly people being sensible

A few people in the remnants of the park too, which is a bit less cool IMO

Wouldn't recommend even a small journey to anyone tho, it's all shit. Just doing it for the sake of excercise...

Not in the French Pyrenees, no bc skiing or mountain biking allowed and there police are everywhere, even using helicopters to see if people are out.

Someone's car at the trailhead got towed to Toulouse, 200+ kms away!!

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

No,

Had a ZOOM party with some of my colleagues in Chamonix & Morzine and I wondered for a while why they were all hitting the bottle quite so hard until I remembered that they can hardly even go outside. The poor guys without balconies...

Praise Jebus we're not locked down so much in Switzerland and Gawd bless the Swiss for being good boys that follow rules about staying apart so we don't have to.

On another note, none of them think they've caught it or know anyone that has. As I've said upthread, everyone in Verbier thinks they've had it now...
    Last edited by ddraver; 04-05-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Some positive signs with 4 consecutive days of lower infection rates. Can see restrictions easing in CH by May to get the economy moving. Perhaps there’s still a chance for those touring skis this season...

It's hardly worth it mate. Ice straight to wets slush.

I'm hoping my knee is able to be put back together soon otherwise next season will be a write off...

Quote Originally Posted by ddraver View Post
    It's hardly worth it mate. Ice straight to wets slush.

I'm hoping my knee is able to be put back together soon otherwise next season will be a write off...
    There’ll be more snow back half of April and May. Often some of the biggest dumps of the season up high. Keep your leg strength up and you should still be able to ski with a brace no? Got a road bike?

Skiing without the brace now as it won't fit under ski boots.

Would be interesting to see how much I could do without an ACL. As they say, There's always a powder day in April...

(Road bike at home unfortunately)

Edit a week later - it occurred to me that you might have meant for the tail end of this 'season'..?
    Last edited by ddraver; 04-08-2020 at 04:31 AM.

Report from Sweden. Almost every resort closed this past sunday with some exceptions. One of the best snow-years for us in a while and fairly stable at that. Everyone is strongly recommended to stay in their region.

This means that Riksgränsen who is still open and has about 5 meters of snow (16,5 feet) is currently running a locals only ski resort. Ski-pass sales for people not living in the region they are operating is very restricted and no new bookings for hotels and apartments are allowed.

Interesting approach but good for the people living in these regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreemcheese View Post
    Report from Sweden. Almost every resort closed this past sunday with some exceptions. One of the best snow-years for us in a while and fairly stable at that. Everyone is strongly recommended to stay in their region.

This means that Riksgränsen who is still open and has about 5 meters of snow (16,5 feet) is currently running a locals only ski resort. Ski-pass sales for people not living in the region they are operating is very restricted and no new bookings for hotels and apartments are allowed.

Interesting approach but good for the people living in these regions.
    Goddammitfuckingshitfuck!

Was hoping to head up north for some turns when the moving restrictions subside... Oh well, hopefully things would get back to more normal by start of may so some turns could be had...at least there seems to be enough snow by all accounts??
    Narvik seems to be closed (at least) until 13th april, hopefully they could open up for few weeks as well.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Any of you used this website - https://www.xspo.ch/en/ - is it legit?

A very nice man answered the phone but the website design...throws up questions.

Got a season bonus shaped hole burning in my pocked and it's the cheapest place for Shifts I can find...
    Last edited by ddraver; 04-09-2020 at 05:17 AM.

A very nice man answered the phone but the website design...throws up questions.

Got a season shaped hole burning in my pocked and it's the cheapest place for Shifts I can find...
    I bought some fair priced bindings a few years back, it was from xspo.de if it matters, but everything worked out just fine.

Schweet. Thanks

Got a season shaped hole burning in my pocked and it's the cheapest place for Shifts I can find...
    Never ended up buying from them, but looked at them when they had the last batch of legend pros on offer. For what it's worth, company is registered in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Goddammitfuckingshitfuck!

Was hoping to head up north for some turns when the moving restrictions subside... Oh well, hopefully things would get back to more normal by start of may so some turns could be had...at least there seems to be enough snow by all accounts??
    Narvik seems to be closed (at least) until 13th april, hopefully they could open up for few weeks as well.
    Definitely enough snow, skiing will probably be possible throughout the year this year. Exactly, all Norwegian resorts are closed until the government says otherwise. New date is april 13th but that might change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreemcheese View Post
    Definitely enough snow, skiing will probably be possible throughout the year this year. Exactly, all Norwegian resorts are closed until the government says otherwise. New date is april 13th but that might change.
    505cm should do until August, if that is true...

Are you up North in Riks? Have you heard any rumours if they are trying to run the lifts until the "normal" closure, like until midsommar or are they planning to close things down sooner? It seems the Fin/Swe border will be closed until 13th May, so no matter how much snow Narvik has, the lift served is prolly out of question for your easter(n) brethren...

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Well... Shit is probably going to change in the next few days, the Nordals-lift (poma-shit) broke the other day and will not be fixed for the rest of the season. The lower chair is having problems as well and rumors are going around that they might cave and close in the next weeks, due to heavy social media pressure from people not living anywhere close to Riksgränsen.

I ordered some Look binders for my kids skis last fall, no problem.

Thanks all...

Shifts ordered, now to find a Ski Tech with access to his shop

I have ordered some gear from xspo - no problems.

on the other hand - this was posted today

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...icials-dallied

We were in Verbier for our winter break, and my entire group of friends who were there got sick. An instructor I know says every teacher in his ski school got sick. But that was a few weeks ago - so people are better now.

Yeah, I don't know anyone that doesnt think they've had it

To those of you who were hoping to come out late in the season but have been prevented by Coronavirus, There is now a forest fire warning over much of Switzerland as it hasn't snowed (or precipitated in any way) since early March.

You really didnt miss much.

(Don't know if that helps much...)