Page 43 of 181 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 4515
    Thanks for the advice y'all. I think I need some kind of harness if only to pick her up and hold her on the lift (when we get to that point). We're starting her in classes at a local indoor "ski" facility (http://shredderski.com/ski-school/), so hopefully that will help her get up to speed quick.

Anyone have a used harness they want to sell?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69;
    Never liked the harness thing, almost got clotheslined at Mt. Rose the other day when a kid made a unexpected hard right while on the harness--gets them going too fast too soon...

How does that happen? The leads on the harness I've seen are only about three feet long. Maybe you should be giving those beginners a little room.

I agree that I see some folks with the harness going fast, but I use it to control speed. My guy skis the bunny run and usually controls his own speed, and the line remains slack. If he starts going faster than I want, I can slow him down. We tend to be going average speed or slower. You can also apply very slight pressure to help intimate turns.

We have done the pole thing, and will continue to use that in the mix, but he seems to be skiing on his own less with that method.

Bottom line. My guy is having fun out there. What ever makes it fun for your kid seems to be the most important thing at this age.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    How does that happen? The leads on the harness I've seen are only about three feet long. Maybe you should be giving those beginners a little room.

I agree that I see some folks with the harness going fast, but I use it to control speed. My guy skis the bunny run and usually controls his own speed, and the line remains slack. If he starts going faster than I want, I can slow him down. We tend to be going average speed or slower. You can also apply very slight pressure to help intimate turns.

We have done the pole thing, and will continue to use that in the mix, but he seems to be skiing on his own less with that method.

Bottom line. My guy is having fun out there. What ever makes it fun for your kid seems to be the most important thing at this age.
    i've seen some with longer leads. today, i saw some that were about 10 feet long. my leads were "custom", meaning that i used some webbing and tied it to the harness. i usually kept it short and never went too fast with the leads (it sucks to run over your kid or do a sudden flying roll over the top of the kid).

having fun is the main point, always. even w/ an 8 year old, he's making most decisions. one of today's decisions was to make a few check turns at the top of a low-end blue run and point it to the bottom. pretty fun to watch. in control and comfortable with higher speed, first day of the season, cali hardpack....

on the parent-side of gear, i always wished i had shorter skis when skiing when they're small. i'm 5'10" and i'm shortest skis are 180 (measured) and my twintips are 185. I'd always thought that some shorter twin tip jibby skis would be fun and useful when with the little groms. less to get tangled up with when picking up their pieces, less ski to carry around when dealing with all their gear, more versatility to jump around on little features when cruising around with them, and easier to practice ski ballet cruising the flats.

Logan has 12 days this year and seems to be liking it. He's 2.5 so we aren't out long but so far I'm stoked. He'll ski by himself, we use the pea at times, and sometimes he wants us to go fast between our legs. I'm stoked he's having fun!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Soon enough, they will be doing this!
    My son's first "not quite dawn patrol" at Stowe. He has been uphill before backcountry on 3 pin gear, but this is the first time with heavy stuff (alpine skis/boots and trekkers). Not bad for a 9 year old

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	361.7 KB 
ID:	148055

Anyone put their small people on Gotama jrs?

How'd they adjust going from the66 waist ski?

General thoughts/feedback about them welcomed

I'm thinking of taking a flyer on a beat up used pair in 128cm for the 7 year old

It was fun watching her get up to warp speed in her regular skis then make face-craters in the foot of fresh every time she skied into the soft stuff last week, but I'm guessing shed have more fun if she was able to stay up on top of it

Wondering is a rockered ski with 80 waist could be the ticket

We've had three pairs of Goat Jrs. Nice ski. 80mm under foot isn't a huge jump, but kids have such an advantage in weight that that width plus rocker makes a great 3D snow ski that's still manageable on 2D snow.
    not counting days 2016-17

My kid (10 at the time) spent one day on the 148 Goats and didn't want to go back to his race skis. Skied the rest of the season on the Goats unless he was actually running gates.

Thanks guys. Pulling trigger

yeah same here - 7 year old Owen skis on 118 Goats - 138 in closet waiting
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 01-14-2014 at 07:03 PM.

I just put my smallish 13yo on Goat jrs and he loves them. Skiing much better overall. My 10yo is on Mantra jrs and it is the same story though they don't have rocker.

That's what my boy is on last two years. He loves them.

selling for a friend

new in plastic 148cm Volkl Gotama

$200 + shipping

I've got a single "whitewoods" style step-in plastic ski - (like this)

The other one broke. I'm happy to pass it along to make a set for someone else, or if you have one, I'd take it off your hands and get some of the little ones around here on them... Got a pair of 16.5/17.0 Nordica's that I can move along as well.

Also, I'd be interested in a pair of 14.0-15.0 boots and skis in the 70cm (for the tiniest kiddo) if someone is holding.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1390025780.107974.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	194.2 KB 
ID:	148747

100cm Élan rentals - mounted a couple times with unknown demo and Silvretta Pure Kidz

shipping plus beer
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

8'+ lead going almost perpendicular across a cat track... not a beginner area, but yeah I should probably slow down--shitty winter is getting to me.

I have these Dalbello Aerro 70 ski boots. Probably 2010's or '11s. Bought them at a shop used for $125.00. They had been worn once and hurt the kid's feet so he brought them back. My son skied them twice and then went on a grow spurt from hell the next summer. They look like they've never been worn. Size 7.5 (25.5).

I'll let them go to a mag for $75, plus shipping.

Last edited by GiBo; 09-29-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Passed my harness on to Zesty a few years ago. I PM'd him moments ago asking for it back (if he's not using it).

But...in case he takes a bit to return the PM....I'm here asking for a kids harness (nothing fancy...just used as a run-away kid leash). I'd use it for this year and maybe next...then will ship it back to you or will return it sooner if Zesty responds.

Thx

I was out of town but the harness will be shipping back tomorrow! Thanks for the loaner, both little ones are now accomplished green circle rippers.

Excellent. Glad it worked out.
    Thx

Now that's how this shit is supposed to work.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by flyman683 View Post
    I've got a single "whitewoods" style step-in plastic ski - (like this)

The other one broke. I'm happy to pass it along to make a set for someone else, or if you have one, I'd take it off your hands and get some of the little ones around here on them... Got a pair of 16.5/17.0 Nordica's that I can move along as well.

Also, I'd be interested in a pair of 14.0-15.0 boots and skis in the 70cm (for the tiniest kiddo) if someone is holding.
    Flyman, I've got 69cm heads with bindings, lots of sidecut, that mine have all grown out of. Send me your addy and I will get them out the door to you.

Anyone have any 20/20.5 boots available? Local family of modest means won season passes and haven't gone yet for lack of boots for their kiddo.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Weasel, that's rad. I'll make sure I check and ask around on the 20/20.5s... I don't have any but will look.

Our local play it again has tons, usually $30 if lucky.

anyone with a x-country set-up for a 6 year old? size 1 boots, skis thinking 100-120?? currently uses 100's for alpine.

I'm looking for a skis/bindings for my daughter. Something in the 100cm range. Seems like some "track" bindings would be ideal so we don't have to remount?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.