Page 55 of 89 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2210
    So I guess barricading the roads to Jackson means no supplies coming in?
    No travel between Wilson and Jackson? Certainly not Victor or Driggs.
    Hope you all are preppers. Although there is a large meat supply close to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    So I guess barricading the roads to Jackson means no supplies coming in?
    No travel between Wilson and Jackson? Certainly not Victor or Driggs.
    Hope you all are preppers. Although there is a large meat supply close to town.
    I think barricading the roads a big harsh at this point. After listening to the town hall meeting, it appears the goal is just to keep as many visitors away as possible to not overrun the hospital system.

I didn’t hear anything about no supplies or mail coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That Buckrail article is fiction. Idaho, Montana and Colorado have not "closed their borders" and neither will Jackson. Was not even discussed in the Town Council meeting.

I never thought about shooting elk in a barrel

But yeah
    Plenty o meat in town this time of year.

And cutties for fish Fridays
    . . .

Right now would be a really good time to "unlike" Buckrail on all the social medias and instead read the Jackson Hole News and Guide and the Teton Valley News. All N+G content is free right now, and all TVN Covid content is free. No paywalls.

Buckrail is never going to have information or a scoop that those sources don't have, and they consistently present things in a misleading manner, lead with sensationalist headlines, and don't do their homework. Occasionally Buckrail will have a headline out a few minutes before legit news sources. That's because the other news sources have a real process to do research, verify facts, and make sure they're presenting the community with the most valuable information possible, in the clearest way possible. You can wait the extra 10 minutes to get information that you can actually trust.

Please, please please, use this crisis as an opportunity to increase your media literacy.

And yes, I am biased, half of the TVN's reporting staff is currently working out of our living room. But that doesn't change the fact that Buckrail is worthless.

Jackson Hole 2019-2020 - & The 'Ghee, The King, Kelly Canyon, Pebble Creek

^ agreed. Met one of the owners in the Calico and he talked me through the whole scheme. It’s basically a low brow news aggregator with heavy reliance on social media. I believe the site was eventually purchased by the parent company of the News and Guide, which was surprising.

Yo Cy, saw yer bit in the NaG.

Fuggin awesome; get the illustration side gig too. The existing cartoon guy lacks any sense of JH and his art is weak.

And yeah, I'm over it at Buckrail too. Half baked stories by poorly informed Jongs...

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Yo Cy, saw yer bit in the NaG.

Fuggin awesome; get the illustration side gig too. The existing cartoon guy lacks any sense of JH and his art is weak.

And yeah, I'm over it at Buckrail too. Half baked stories by poorly informed Jongs...
    Thanks!

Unfortunately, that's it for me over there. COVID shutdown kills advertising dollars, and semi-weekly columnists who blab about mountain stuff are (rightly) among the first to get the chop when things get hard.

Feel pretty lucky to have gotten to throw as many columns at you Jacksonites as I did (somewhere around 90). Now I'm just figuring out another platform for it. Should be back soon, just figuring out where.

Isn't Buckrail part of the News and Guide now?
    Live Free or Die

It’s all fake news, right?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It’s all fake news, right?
    Well all news is fake in some way.

But my fake news definition is a news site with no comments section. Let your readers react.
    Much like here, the comments are real
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Right now would be a really good time to "unlike" Buckrail on all the social medias and instead read the Jackson Hole News and Guide and the Teton Valley News. All N+G content is free right now, and all TVN Covid content is free. No paywalls.

Buckrail is never going to have information or a scoop that those sources don't have, and they consistently present things in a misleading manner, lead with sensationalist headlines, and don't do their homework. Occasionally Buckrail will have a headline out a few minutes before legit news sources. That's because the other news sources have a real process to do research, verify facts, and make sure they're presenting the community with the most valuable information possible, in the clearest way possible. You can wait the extra 10 minutes to get information that you can actually trust.

Please, please please, use this crisis as an opportunity to increase your media literacy.

And yes, I am biased, half of the TVN's reporting staff is currently working out of our living room. But that doesn't change the fact that Buckrail is worthless.
    Buckrail and JH N&G are owned and operated by the same people, operated out of the same offices, with the same guidelines. But hey, research and facts over personal bias 🤷♂️

N+G did buy Buckrail this winter. However, to my understanding (and it's born out by the content both sources produce) N+G has allowed Buckrail to continue in the same path it was on, without additional vetting or adherence to journalistic principals. So yeah, Buckrail is owned by the N+G, and personally, I'm bummed they didn't just buy it and shut it down. But it's not the same stories written by the same people. Look at the by-lines. I personally know a bunch of the N+G's people. They're good folks doing their level best to tell the truth and inform the public. They don't put their names on shit that they don't stand behind. They are not the people writing the sensationalism and shittily disguised advertising that is Buckrail.

I don't really care if you're some jabrone who doesn't trust the "fake news media." That's fine. I don't watch Fox either. But good local journalism is very different, and we're lucky enough to have two great local papers, staffed with responsible, articulate folks who really care about the community.

Buckrail is Unnoficial Networks. N+G and TVN are the Ski Journal.

Unfortunately N&G is unavailable in Europe due to not conforming to privacy standards in the EU. Hence I gotta use Buckrail.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Unfortunately N&G is unavailable in Europe due to not conforming to privacy standards in the EU. Hence I gotta use Buckrail.
    use a vpn?

Someday I need to get one. Where and how much?

Ghee was real touchy today. Keep it mellow folks.

slide on taylor with what sounds like 1 captured. SAR on the way

https://buckrail.com/sar-responding-...erson-missing/
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post

sounds like they're under a lot of snow.

So terrible any time, and especially now. Makes me so sad (and mad too).

We skied blue runs at Targhee today and it was lovely. Everyone was on their best behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post

Bummer about the slide on Taylor, really sucks. I was down around stateline near Oliver yesterday and the wind was howling. With all this new snow and wind, things are going to be touchy. Some big ass drifts up at the top of DC at Targhee today. Checked the pass camera this morning at 7am and the lot was already full, lucky there wasn’t a skier initiated slide off twin slides or glory today.

Any updates on Taylor?
    I heard that the pass was still a shitshow even after SAR asked everyone to please stay away.

Today's avi report was kinda absurd IMO. Putting up low, low, & moderate ratings seems like they are asking for trouble when the other side of their mouth is saying stay away given the past 24-48 hours.

I defer to the experts but they basically have conflicting statements today.
    Live Free or Die

Well, I don’t think they should have lied or omitted information, either.
    It’s ....wait for it...

A slippery slope