Page 2 of 148 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    man i would really like to get up there and rip some stuff with you guys this winter...i don't know anybody in bozangeles anymore that skiis :O are you guys going to be going to the barrel ice fest? the cody crew has the rooms, is registered and is ready to roll....i may just wind up taking skiis for one day lol
    backcountry makes my wee wee tingle...
    "What was once a mighty river. Now a ghost." Edward Abbey
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It's not wyoming...it's Jackson.
    Different rules apply.
    My Adventures

"Feeling good is good enough."

Last call for tomorrow,

Leeroy, Bubba, you guys in?

I skied Job one this past sunday, it was great. I was originally planning on skiing Job 2, but on my way I looked down into Job 1 and it looked great. Everything was fine until I got to the end of the chute at the top of the run. I hit a few rocks and then pointed em to get out of there. After that it was back to Cold Smoke.

A PSA for everyone hitting the BB area now, just heard that friends of a friend set off a decent size avalanche in Hidden on Sunday. No one hurt, one guy rode it. Apparently it went to the ground.
    Thats all I know about it.

From the Mt.Avy Center:

At Bridger Bowl the mountain was busy. New snow was being blown off the ridges creating wind pillows and a few sluffs. On Sunday a party of three went to the top of Hidden Gully, a steep, narrow, northeast-facing chute. From the ridge crest two dropped in safely, but the third skier triggered a slide that carried him a few hundred yards down slope. He was uninjured and unburied, but the slide continued for quite a distance almost hitting the road. There’s a picture of the debris looking upslope in our Image Gallery at: http://www.mtavalanche.com/photos/photos.php

They were skiing one at a time, had rescue gear and were watching one another. This incident had a happy ending, however, there were folks skinning underneath them who narrowly missed getting caught. Ski areas in the early season offer no more safety than the backcountry since no avalanche control work has been done. Don’t be lulled into a false sense of security because the terrain is familiar.

Even though we only added a few inches with this storm, you should pay attention to wind drifts at the ridgetops since these will be the most sensitive to triggering. On Sunday folks also released a sizable Slab','height=400 , width=750')">wind slab while ski cutting on Mt. Blackmore on the northern Gallatins.

Anyone up for Sat or Sunday?
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Workinforturns, Bubba-K, Lexi-Bell, clarf, and I all skied Hidden this morning. I hadnt heard about the Slide, but we didnt have any problems. Right when we got there Lexi-Bell Set of a small slide at the top of the line. After that it was all good. We should have some pics up a little later.

Yes 5678

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Anyone up for Sat or Sunday?

Great to meet and ski with all you guys today, so stoked to be skiing lines like Hidden in October!

FZ PM sent.

Here's my dilemma: if I keep the camera close to my body it gets sweaty and the lens fogs up, if I keep it farther away it gets cold and the batteries quit!!
    ARRRRRGGGG!!!!!

So I end up with a couple scenic shots early in the day,

Sweet Pics. Wish it looked like that up here right now.

sfotex, I woud be up for skiing on sunday. Send me a pm if you want to go.

Some pics from Wed. Morning. Had a great day skiing Hidden Gully. Bubba-K Skied Madmans and got a nice entrance pic.
    The Crew

Madmans

yeehoo- Matt Clayton and myself made it up later in the afternoon. We were running short on daylight, so we went down the nose into exit chute. It was terrible, I really wish I would have gotten a lone peak pass instead of a bridger I guess I would have if I had ANY SENSE AT ALL. Here are a couple pics from the hike.

EC Girl here green with envy........ now why did I move back to the EC from the WC?
    GREAT photos!!!!!!!!
    Maybe I could put in for a transfer to Sandy, Utah where the company I work for has another large office.
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. ~Dave Barry

hey layin down carves, good to see you finally made it on this forum. im sure ill be seeing a lot more of you this year. hahaha

I see true to your name you can lay a downcarve...
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/a...1&d=1161827818
    But what about the elusive upcarve?
    "I have never exploded. But I know what it would be like. Don't ask me how. I just know. I've always just known." -Garth Merenghi

A few pics from the last couple days at Bridger. Despite the lack of any real base most places, the skiing has been really fun.

Got to the parking lot at the crack of 2pm on friday with tenex198 and a non mag, Joe.

Tenex doing "the dramatic looking shot"

A wonderful out of focus shot of tenex

An arsty farsty shot of joe and some snowflakes

One for the steeze files, tenex looking styly

Met up with bubba k, EDIT: I mean FZ, and a couple non mags for a dawn patrol saturday morning.

Alternate entrance to some first finger goodness.

Non mag Matt

FZ chargin with the "O" face

Non mag clark tearing it up.

The snow out there is kinda strange. No base most places, except those that saw a lot of skiing compaction earlier in the year, which seem to be stable. About 2-2 1/2 feet of blower on top of that, so if you can find somewhere with a consistent stable base, the skiing is awesome. All in all, a hell of a lot better than I was expecting with the crappy fall we've had since the end of october.
    Last edited by leroy jenkins; 12-03-2006 at 12:41 AM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

That was actually FZ leroy, I was the dumbass who slept through the alarm...
    "I have never exploded. But I know what it would be like. Don't ask me how. I just know. I've always just known." -Garth Merenghi

Dang, I miss the bridgers too. I love fairy lake

See now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

Nice work gents.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba-k View Post
    That was actually FZ leroy, I was the dumbass who slept through the alarm...
    Heh, well I at least I can remember your actual names.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Ah that was you guys that tracked up the fingers. I thought we did ok getting out of town by 8.30 yesterday, but too slow

Oh man, you're making me miss home. 2 more weeks, 2 more weeks...

Here are a few photos that I shot while out with Leroy and non mag Joe on friday afternoon.

Attachment 18797

Attachment 18798

Attachment 18799

Attachment 18800

Attachment 18801

nice job boys, thats what i like to see!