Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Diamondback Release 4c, size L, stock except for 2.6 butcher/2.35 rock razor on carbon wheels, weighs in at 31.2 on the bathroom scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Is it weird that I was in the shop yesterday and they had the scale hanging there and I didn't want to put my Evil Calling on it? Not really sure I want to know the actual weight (not that i think it's over 33 lbs but really don't have a clue).
    Bad sign but what you should have done is say " WTF, don't you know who i am ? "

I have been thrown out of so many bike shops that now I just use my 15$ bathroom scale

any scale with a load cell as opposed to springs should be pretty accurate
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Grom number 1 pivot 5.7 carbon that Lee graciously delivered from whistler is 27.6 with alloy wheels and xt/ xtr

Grom 2 giant reign alloy w xt/xtr is 28.2

Lucky kids

I didn’t weigh mine but have a dentist build Ripley coming (should it ever arrive)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

My fully carboned out, XTR large Ripmo hit dead on at 32lbs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1316.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	335620

Wife's new carboned out, XTR small Hightower is 29lbs.

Name:	IMG_1543.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	335621

It's pretty much impossible to get a light bike anymore. When you start with 6+lb frames, 5lb forks, and 4-1/2lb/pair tires; carbon cranks, rims, and bars just don't do much to compensate.
    Farentino had a great article in Bike about that recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Size large stock (exception of MT7 brakes) carbon Devinci Spartan 29 XO build comes in at 31.2 lbs on my bathroom scale

ok so I just went out to weigh my bikes and a couple surprises.
    My medium mojo came in at 29.08 lbs-whereas I would have expected it to be a pound or so heavier

Name:	IMG_1408.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	230.2 KB 
ID:	335622

and then my DV9 hardtail (also a medium) was 28 lbs which I thought might have been a touch lighter. although I could probably drop some oz’s by getting a lighter bell lol. the one on there now is the size of the liberty bell

Name:	IMG_1406.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	335623
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Meconium View Post
    I’m around 155lbs and don’t do much park stuff. I can get away with it I hope. 1700g aluminum wheel-set probably isn’t the smartest. Prime should probably be around 33-35lbs for heavy hitters.
    My wife rode an American Classic tubeless wheelset that was significantly lighter than that for years without issue. On the other hand, she's like 110lbs soaking wet. Yer prolly screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Farentino had a great article in Bike about that recently.
    Ferrentino is still alive? Damn.

I feel like some people would have lost some money on that had they bet back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Ferrentino is still alive? Damn.

I feel like some people would have lost some money on that had they bet back in the day.
    Yup, like a fine wine
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Road bike:
    7.02 kg or 15.47 lbs
    Felt Z (size 56) rim brakes, with DuraAce c24 wheels with ProOne 28s, full DuraAce Di2 parts, Pro Carbon cockpit and some high end/light small pieces.
    The frame (no fork) is really heavy at 1150g compared to today’s 800g frames.
    Mrs Hubbs calls it “his purse”, she claims she says that because it’s lighter than her purse, I’m afraid she says that because she knows how much money is tied up in that bike.
    I’m really afraid that if I died she’d sell it for the low amount of what I tell her I paid for all the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Trek Emonda SL6 Pro, 16.75lbs.
    This is clearly why you can ride your bike twice as far as I can ride mine.

Getting ready for a bikepacking trip, so I figured that I would weigh. It's been awhile since I was a real weight weenie with the spreadsheet of parts.

2012 Salsa El Mariachi Ti (Lynskey made version). XX1, carbon wheels. Without the carbon bars or seatpost. 23.5lbs

Empty bags add 4.5. So 28.0lbs before the camping gear. I'll chime in with that weight later.

Road bike, Carbon Tarmac is 17lbs

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    2017 Giant Trance Large- aluminum frame and wheels with DHF. 29.8lbs, surprisingly light.
    Is that Trance with 27.5 wheels? I just bought a 2020 Trance 29 Advanced Pro 3 (medium) with a composite frame and it weighs in at 30.8 lbs. Seems incredibly light to me coming from a bike that weighed 35+ lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Road bike:
    7.02 kg or 15.47 lbs
    Felt Z (size 56) rim brakes, with DuraAce c24 wheels with ProOne 28s, full DuraAce Di2 parts, Pro Carbon cockpit and some high end/light small pieces.
    The frame (no fork) is really heavy at 1150g compared to today’s 800g frames.
    Mrs Hubbs calls it “his purse”, she claims she says that because it’s lighter than her purse, I’m afraid she says that because she knows how much money is tied up in that bike.
    I’m really afraid that if I died she’d sell it for the low amount of what I tell her I paid for all the parts.
    This is hilarious. If you get offed remind me to offer to buy the bike.

I'll weigh in (ha) on road bikes - my steel 57cm Independent Fabrication with all old Dura Ace and old Mavic Ksyriums (which are heavy as hell) weighs in at 17.5.

As mentioned before, I'm a recovering weight cutting addict. This seems a good time to post my favorite bike seat of all time - fully carbon Selle Italia Evolution 2. It's just so beautiful. Carbon rails with just a single sheet of carbon to sit on - no padding. So freaking comfortable - but a little slipperly. I rode it for 3-4 years till the carbon sheet finally developed a slight crack. Says 99 grams on it but actually weighed in around 93. I'd love to find someone who could repair it so I could ride it again...

Name:  IMG_1128.JPG
Views: 884
Size:  93.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1129.JPG
Views: 880
Size:  107.0 KB

2018 Intense Primer 29, full XT, stock alu DT Swiss wheels, nothing fancy, right under the psychological 30 lbs barrier.
    Anyone want to buy it before it goes on KSL / Pinkbike?

Name:  asdsd.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  128.2 KB

Name:	IMG_20200729_204558 (1).jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	335755

I'll weigh in (ha) on road bikes - my steel 57cm Independent Fabrication with all old Dura Ace and old Mavic Ksyriums (which are heavy as hell) weighs in at 17.5.

As mentioned before, I'm a recovering weight cutting addict. This seems a good time to post my favorite bike seat of all time - fully carbon Selle Italia Evolution 2. It's just so beautiful. Carbon rails with just a single sheet of carbon to sit on - no padding. So freaking comfortable - but a little slipperly. I rode it for 3-4 years till the carbon sheet finally developed a slight crack. Says 99 grams on it but actually weighed in around 93. I'd love to find someone who could repair it so I could ride it again...

My Pro Turnix Carbon saddle weighs in at 193g. I’ll take a 100g weight penalty for a little padding.
    I can find grams elsewhere.

I always wondered if top end shorts with a really good chamois could deal with no padding ?

There are things/ideas where it is not worth saving weight and this might be one of them
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Goddammit. I'm this close to weighing my bike.

I've never weighed my bike.

Bastards.

How much does your bike weigh?

My favorite all time saddle as well. Came on the super tricked out oclv trek (tubulars, ibis ti stem, dura ace etc). I used it for about 6 before cracked. Replaced it with the non padded aspide Carbon...just as comfy. It’s not the padding it’s the flex in the shell that makes for a comfy seat

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

Bastards.

Side effects may or may not happen? If you then start an excel sheet, it’s all over. like hotboxing with a covid hobo in that van.
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

Bastards.

Your rights to say "weight, David, is a feminine issue" will heretofore and forever be revoked. Just sayin'.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Your rights to say "weight, David, is a feminine issue" will heretofore and forever be revoked. Just sayin'.
    You're right. And the urge has passed. Fortunately.

You're right. And the urge has passed. Fortunately.
    Just weigh it once. It's free. What could happen?

You'll be fiiiiinnee...

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    My favorite all time saddle as well. Came on the super tricked out oclv trek (tubulars, ibis ti stem, dura ace etc). I used it for about 6 before cracked. Replaced it with the non padded aspide Carbon...just as comfy. It’s not the padding it’s the flex in the shell that makes for a comfy seat

I didn't know they made the Aspide unpadded. Got a photo - even if it's stock?

I do on the bike at home....let me search the webz