Page 75 of 97 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2405

Thread: What phone now?

Yeah, my Pixel 3 needs to be plugged in a few times a day with heavy use
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yeah, my Pixel 3 needs to be plugged in a few times a day with heavy use
    Shit that's annoying.

Pixel 6 and Pro will have 4600 and 5000 mAh batteries, with fast wireless charging. That should be pretty good. For comparison, iPhone 13 is 3240 and 4352 mAh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Pixel 6 and Pro will have 4600 and 5000 mAh batteries, with fast wireless charging. That should be pretty good. For comparison, iPhone 13 is 3240 and 4352 mAh.
    I am disenchanted with my Pixel 4a for various reasons.. Waiting to see the price of the Pixel 6 models ..then either buy one of them or trade for a Pixel 5a.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Shit that's annoying.
    it is, but I have grown so used to it that it's not that big a deal. And it's paid off, still works pretty well, and I use very little data, so my monthly is $35-40.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Thanks. The high end chip sounds nice. I compared online the 11 and current SE, and the 11 would be the clear choice. Will have to do a compare on the se3

Wifey just purchased the new pixel 6pro, anyone else?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Me (theoretically). I say that because the google store was overwhelmed and kept glitching the checkout process. After the third failure I had a look at the reddit thread where people were losing their minds.

I've hit checkout probably 300 times...
    Hopefully I didn't just order 300 (and counting) Pixel 6 Pros
    Yes, you did. That's why there aren't any for the rest of us!

Yup, wifey encountered the crash at 10:01, ended up purchasing it through AT&T at about 10:30. (Or 11:30, I don’t really know)

Fuck ATT. They fucking created OAN. I'm gonna drop them as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Anyone intrigued by the pixel 6?
    Indeed. Especially since Verizon just offered $350 toward upgrading. With a price of around $600 - $350 (so $250?!) this makes it pretty compelling. That new custom chip is interesting too.

Anyone get a fold 3 yet? I like big phones and have been considering upgrading my note 10+ this holiday season. I briefly fondled one in the store but you couldn't even pick the damned thing up because they were so concerned about it being stolen.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

And T-Mo leaks your data like a sieve, without even a hint of contrition.

It’s the only one that works in a shitload of places around here…Startac? Skynet?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Though I gather the intervening pixels weren't that impressive.
    Pixel 4 is dogshit compared to the other flagships of that generation. Face unlock works but is annoying in this covid world. No fingerprint reader as an alternate. The fingerprint button on the back of the original pixel was the best because it was right where your hand went. The active radar thing killed your battery and didn't work all that great, so turning that main feature off helped a ton. I've replaced 2 batteries within 2.5 years on it under manf. warranty. Camera is ok. Seems slow in general. No headphone jack, but they did give you a usb-c to 3.5mm connector.

When the fuck did the world decide we all wanted ultra slick devices that only have one port so we have to carry around a separate bag full of adaptor cords to make the devices work? And it has been a while now, but I haven't seen the usb-c headphone become a thing
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post

When the fuck did the world decide we all wanted ultra slick devices that only have one port so we have to carry around a separate bag full of adaptor cords to make the devices work? And it has been a while now, but I haven't seen the usb-c headphone become a thing
    Everyone went to Bluetooth headphones. Which admittedly is way more convenient.

I caved when I picked up an iPhone SE which is way more phone than I need. Paying $800- $1000 for a “flagship” is a joke.

Are they though? Seems to me that Bluetooth headphones are just one more thing I need to keep charged.

Lol Bluetooth

Then why do I see so many morons holding their phone in front of their mouth while driving? The technology improved but the standard person is too lazy and too stupid to figure out how to use it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Are they though? Seems to me that Bluetooth headphones are just one more thing I need to keep charged.
    I charge mine overnight every few days. Trade off is not having to deal with cords. Can be 60 feet away from phone and listening to music, in a meeting, etc

I have the Anker Q20, which isn’t cheap compared to a $20 set of wired earbuds, work fine. Don’t need fancy stuff like Jabras or ipod pro.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It’s the only one that works in a shitload of places around here…Startac? Skynet?
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    When people decided they wanted their phones to be waterproof.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Same here

When people decided they wanted their phones to be waterproof.
    There are plenty of waterproof phones with headphone jacks and removable microSD cards. I'm using one right now to post this. (S10e) Shit, the S5 was waterproof and had a removable battery!

I really hope one of the little startup types finally makes a great phone that has the features people want. The major manufacturers (especially Apple) just keep trying to get us to swallow ever more expensive devices that have fewer features than the ones from 5 years ago.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

My point was that the manufacturers reacted to the expectation that every phone needs an IP6x rating by reducing the number of holes to one. Not because they can't make them, but to save money.

I suppose selling you a bunch of new accessories like wireless earbuds, etc, was motivating them as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I really hope one of the little startup types finally makes a great phone that has the features people want. The major manufacturers (especially Apple) just keep trying to get us to swallow ever more expensive devices that have fewer features than the ones from 5 years ago.
    OnePlus started out with the all killer, no filler credo, but lost their way gunning for the big flagships.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Wifey just purchased the new pixel 6pro, anyone else?
    Yeah, I ordered one. I love my old Pixels UI and a lot of the functionality. Didn't love the speed or camera. Crossing my fingers.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Yeah, I ordered one. I love my old Pixels UI and a lot of the functionality. Didn't love the speed or camera. Crossing my fingers.
    I ordered a 6 pro as well.. Trading in my 4a for a $185 credit. And the free ear buds in the deal are hopefully useful.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    I ordered a 6 pro as well.. Trading in my 4a for a $185 credit. And the free ear buds in the deal are hopefully useful.
    I'm considering this, though my 4a would be worth less as I cracked the screen. What I really want is the telephoto lens. I like the camera on my current phone, but backgrounds seem SO far away from the subject in the foreground. A more telephoto lens would go a long way to rectifying that and I almost bought one of those case/screw on lens kits this year and considered upgrading my standalone camera for the same reason.

Still, I'll probabaly hold out for a while as 1. I still have free unlimited photo storage with the 4a and it would go away with the 6, and 2. I love having a headphone jack again after not having one in my pixel 2. It makes it so easy to connect vs. our cars' dodgy Bluetooth.