A couple of shots from Lake Michigan today (no action shots sorry)

Surfed the lake today for a couple of hours. Conditions were pretty good, thigh to waist+ high sets out of the SW. My timing was waaaaayyy off today for whatever reason...well, that and I pretty much just suck at surfing, but shit, I have a good time. Some people were scoring nice rides (probably 70-80yds+). Water temps were in the low 70s and the air temp was about 77. All in all, not a bad day. The surf season is just starting to pick up around here so maybe I'll have a few more pics to share as the waves roll in.

a little lefty rolling through between sets.

Looking out toward the lineup during a lull between sets. You can see a few of the people in the lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Way to get after it. I live in St Paul and really want to get in some local surfing, but I just can't convince my self into a session in the cold Lake Superior water the fall/winter. I choose Cabo instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Way to get after it. I live in St Paul and really want to get in some local surfing, but I just can't convince my self into a session in the cold Lake Superior water the fall/winter. I choose Cabo instead.
    I can't blame you man. I'm a total puss when it comes to cold water, and I usually stop surfing by about mid October. Well, that, and by that time of year I'm starting to think about surfing down a mountain instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Cold weather gear

Time to get a wetsuit and suck it up. I plan to paddle surf til the ice balls crowd the beach.