Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Ya the greasy Slovaks came out extremely soft, US had all the time in the world against the 1-4 forecheck they brought. Slovakia has some serious talent too, definitely wasn't expecting that outcome.
    Last edited by RockChalk; 02-13-2014 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bite me View Post
    Ooooooohhhhh, look, she grabbed the bottom of her board; wooooow, she went sideways and back; Yeah! She jumped up and down.

OK, right, it should be an Olympic medal sport

Post that video of you pulling 720 in the pipe tough guy.

Or a 1080 like Kelly Clarke. That chick rides like a dude... and she's 31!

I will never deny those chicks rip, and they do, but then do something about the pipe the women ride.

The men stomp the shit out of it but the women look completely overwhelmed (by that big a pipe...or something).

Oh, and i had a wicked nightmare last night. Woke up screaming and pissed the bed. Maybe not in that order.

I had tickets to an olympic event. I got their early to get a good spot to view. After about 10 competitors into the first qualifying round i realized i may actually be in hell and not Sochi. But I could not get out. I had to stay for the whole event including the finals.

Every competitor looked like they were doing the same shit and each one looked like they just stepped out of a trailer park, stuck half a watermelon on their head, grabbed their baby sisters ski poles (some even forgot to grab a set) and started spinny flipping the shit out of shit. It went on for hours and I could not escape. This could not have been the Olympics?

spook Guest
    thought it was cool that clark said she's proud that her ceiling will be the next generation's floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    So I see today there is an actual freestyle ski jump competition still. WTF is the point of ski slope style?
    you have to be able to ski at least a bit for slopestyle. The freestyle ski jump thing is so the failed gymnasts from warm countries can have a turn.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Post that video of you pulling 720 in the pipe tough guy.
    What's the one where they grab the side of the board and everyone goes wild? Extreme talent no doubt to make that maneuver.

Or maybe spin once, and the announcer goes apopletic about the style. I used to see that at Mount Snow back in the day - doesn't seem like much has changed.

You miss the point (I'll type real slow for you) - we're not talking about ME, we're talking about OLYMPIC ATHLETES IN A MEDAL EVENT (I typed slow and wrote big for you). Much like dumbing down of the population, the Olympic women's halfpipe looks like the dumbing down of the Olympic events. What's next - seeing if they can avoid postholing for more than 50 yards - another gold medal should ensue!

While some of the snowboarders are bitching about the slopestyle course it seems like it is too small for the skiers. They are overshooting landings, it looks painful how big some of these cats are going.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

"Adding some attitude after his triple"

Will ferrell dis not make that shit up.

I was just thinking: what would be funnier? Snowboarders wearing figure skating costumes in the halfpipe or figure skaters wearing snowboard outfits on the ice?

If we can extend it to include skier slopestyle competitors, I'll vote for watching a round of figure skating in Henrik Harlaut's outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I was just thinking: what would be funnier? Snowboarders wearing figure skating costumes in the halfpipe or figure skaters wearing snowboard outfits on the ice?
    I have to wonder when the first flippy spinny ski or snowboarder wears spandex suit for a competitive advantage. Baggy clothes and underwear hanging out can't help flying 100+ feet.

Henrik...a wardrobe malfunction on skis.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    You've never seen SW in the pipe, right?
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I don't understand why the short-track speed skating relay doesn't devolve into complete chaos.

EDIT: Well, then there's always the potential for a crash. I was talking about the way that the relay team slides from the inside of the track to make the exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Sizzler View Post
    I will never deny those chicks (by that big a pipe...or something).
    Oh yeah baby.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Clearly I'm clueless but I didn't know anything about any of that. Wow. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciro_Mancuso
    I wonder if he is a mag? Wayne is skier.

Maybe this guy I saw a few weeks ago at Steamboat?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-29.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	923.2 KB 
ID:	150623  
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    I'll vote for watching a round of figure skating in Henrik Harlaut's outfit.
    Now that would be funny.

Is it just me, or was matt Lauer sporting an ugly-ass suit jacket?
    It looked like the scruffy pelt of a mangy donkey. Maybe he was going for the "edgy" look...
    "Now, if any of you homos touch me...and I'll kill ya." - Private Francis Soyer

spook Guest
    i've seen this several times. a skier or somebody goes down, potentially injured and immediately there are 6 photogs snapping pictures and it's 5 minutes before anybody comes to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    I don't understand why the short-track speed skating relay doesn't devolve into complete chaos.

EDIT: Well, then there's always the potential for a crash. I was talking about the way that the relay team slides from the inside of the track to make the exchange.
    short track used to be a giant clusterfuck shitshow until they starting enforcing rules and disqualifying skaters for contact
    holy fucking shitballs

If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

And get a fkn hair cut, that looks like shit on any white guy.

Not real big on mens figure skating but the Russian was trying to run to the bell but his body would not let him. Totally understand.

Then the Merican fell hard and got back up, was cheered by the crowd. Way to tough it out!
    watch out for snakes