Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Jackson is obviously fast as fuck, but I'm sure riding earlier helped. The track was visibly more hammered by the end of the elite men than it was for the women.
    Yeah, for sure. That track didn't look like it was holding up very well.

I wonder if they'll use the track again. Wonky pit situation and all the sketchy bridges seem not awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Yeah, for sure. That track didn't look like it was holding up very well.

I wonder if they'll use the track again. Wonky pit situation and all the sketchy bridges seem not awesome.
    But the rest of it watching guys ride that pinned was great racing. I could see a small top reroute that takes out 2 of the big berms and a bottom reroute that avoids Finn landing into the pads and it could be a classic track.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Stevie's legacy looks to be in full effect. 4 canadians in the top 5 of jr men. Watching Finns quali run reminded me of Stevie a few times

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Wow I jinxed my team. Got hammered - dead last this round in the TGR league.

Friends visiting, so just now managed to finish watching the race.
    Is it just me, or did anyone else think the track was not compelling to watch. So short. So much platform. So much blown out dust. Definitely didn’t make me want to ride that track. Didn’t really even get me stoked to ride. Doesn’t help that the old track was sick.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Friends visiting, so just now managed to finish watching the race.
    Is it just me, or did anyone else think the track was not compelling to watch. So short. So much platform. So much blown out dust. Definitely didn’t make me want to ride that track. Didn’t really even get me stoked to ride. Doesn’t help that the old track was sick.

Going into it, I was bummed they ditched the old track - the old one was one of my favorites, and the new one didn't seem that interesting.

But the new one produced some great racing, and it's at least different from the other tracks on the calendar. Ultra loose blown out moon dust makes for some entertaining sketchiness, and it was pretty clear that some people (like gwin) are pretty comfortable on that kind of track while others were in survival mode.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    , and it was pretty clear that some people (like gwin) are pretty comfortable on that kind of track while others were in survival mode.
    This was one of my biggest take aways. Highlighted by Matt Walker's Flying sidekick fall.

I've ridden enough dust to know how easily those 2-4" rocks get lost and that is SO much of the feel... you lose that and you lose that connected feeling those racers are so good at. You lose that feel and you don't have the confidence to like pop off a rock or root and connect perfect on the down side of the feature you were looking to make into the gap, or you get bounced off line, etc.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Gwin has the dust in his veins from SoCal.....and now he has a place in Gateway and riding Big Sky (also super loose all the time) when he isn't at his TN place.

For sure, I agree new tracks are good. And whether or not I want to ride it shouldn’t matter.
    Just now listening to Needle’s podcast with Sven. Sounds like there was a ton of rider input to clean up those platforms after the Catalan Cup, with zero changes. And it sounds like some juniors were injured on it. Finn almost died on it.
    Transitions on and off man made structures shouldn’t be the sketchy parts, and awkward turns on metal should never be what separates times.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    For sure, I agree new tracks are good. And whether or not I want to ride it shouldn’t matter.
    Just now listening to Needle’s podcast with Sven. Sounds like there was a ton of rider input to clean up those platforms after the Catalan Cup, with zero changes. And it sounds like some juniors were injured on it. Finn almost died on it.
    Transitions on and off man made structures shouldn’t be the sketchy parts, and awkward turns on metal should never be what separates times.

Yeah, those scaffolding bridges were super janky. It's bad enough to have them at all, but the fact that they apparently felt the need to put awkward turns in a couple of them is kind of baffling.

As I recall, the old track had a couple of those too, but they weren't nearly as bad.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    This shit just simply should not happen. If it wasn't already sketchy enough......then he almost died from getting caught up in the pads and then body slammed to the ground.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgEV3nUpcaB/

Rad line off the wall. Those 2 brothers are definitely ones to watch. Glad he's ok

Regarding the Fantasy League:
    My genuine apologies to Matt Walker and Amaury. Really need to set up a team with people I don't like.

Looks like Amaury was sandbagging on the Wynn TV interview when he said he was still hurting.
    Wish I could put Goldstone on my team.
    5 second or more between each of the top 6 women qualifiers. Fack.
    Headed up in the morning to watch the finals. Bringing the dog.

Not going well for my pics so far. Matt walker and luke meier smith didnt make it down and finn is having problems. Quali day took out a fair number of racers it seems. Its going to be a wild watch tomorrow
    Glsd i changed back to cami

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Not going well for my pics so far. Matt walker and luke meier smith didnt make it down and finn is having problems. Quali day took out a fair number of racers it seems. Its going to be a wild watch tomorrow
    Glsd i changed back to cami

They are all protected. They will all be in the finals tomorrow provided they aren't injured.

If you biff it in qualifying, the result is basically meaningless if you're protected (since you' ain't getting any quali points), so you might as well DNF. As a protected rider, all you have to do is break the beam in quali and you're in for the final

Btw, I'm skimtb1... so suck it biatches!

Quote Originally Posted by beeeom View Post
    They are all protected. They will all be in the finals tomorrow provided they aren't injured.

If you biff it in qualifying, the result is basically meaningless if you're protected (since you' ain't getting any quali points), so you might as well DNF. As a protected rider, all you have to do is break the beam in quali and you're in for the final
    Walker busted his kneecap and broke his hand. He can blame me for picking him. Meier Smith has a swollen wrist. Hope its not broke
    Quote Originally Posted by beeeom View Post
    Btw, I'm skimtb1... so suck it biatches!
    Solid flex! Iron grip on the lsad and we're winding down. Im stuck in mediocre mode

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Walker busted his kneecap and broke his hand. He can blame me for picking him. Meier Smith has a swollen wrist. Hope its not broke Solid flex! Iron grip on the lsad and we're winding down. Im stuck in mediocre mode

Ouch! Sucks for Matt. If Meier-Smith is down then that's a hit for me!

Finally put together a decent team.

Great mens race.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I got murdered by that race.
    Pretty much going with Cami and Amaury for the last two races.

Haa same. Fun watch though. That was insane. One minute theyre railing turns and in a split second theyre on the ground

Haha, my team went from like last place the previous round to second place this round.

Carnage in qualis. Bruni, vergier, and balanche all out with injuries. Lots of other DNF's too.

Glad they're back at MSA. That track is legit.

We're going to see something special