Page 52 of 105 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2618
    rubbing = movement and motion = too MUCH room

I would try adding some thin padding to either side of that spot to not add pressure to it directly, but help the foot stop moving around

Dont know if there is a WTF Is Wrong With My Footbeds thread, so I will post here.

Do your footbeds fit snugly into your liners, or is there a little forward/rear play allowing them to slide a little bit?

Mine have some play, and I think it may be contributing to some unwanted boot slop. Thinking about using some double sided tape to keep them in the right position and not allow them to move.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Dont know if there is a WTF Is Wrong With My Footbeds thread, so I will post here.

Do your footbeds fit snugly into your liners, or is there a little forward/rear play allowing them to slide a little bit?

Mine have some play, and I think it may be contributing to some unwanted boot slop. Thinking about using some double sided tape to keep them in the right position and not allow them to move.
    If htey are too short, this might happen, (or boots are too big) yes, 2 sided tape is great.

also some people use a 34 bed anyways and give the toes more vertical volume Sometimes 2 sided tape is needed as well

I have an issue where the outermost point on my right leg (lateral instead of medial), roughly at the top of the shell cuff (possibly slightly below, radiates down so hard to pinpoint initial spot), invariably gets a deep/nasty bruise at some point in the season, and it lasts WEEKS. Feels like there's a cord or something in my leg there that's really irritated, anatomy diagrams always show just muscle.

Boots are 27.5 Lange RS130s with Zipfits. I have a tiny bit of heel lift on the problematic boot, but only when I get bucked forward hard. This foot is over a size smaller than my other foot so not a huge surprise (things like getting knocked so far forward I nearly go over the handlebars are what I'm talking about with the foot moving.

The fit is snug on the foot to be first buckle or even unbuckled unless I'm planning to scare myself (then second buckle, but backed off). I have skinny calves, so the calves are often clamped down. Whenever I've ended up bruising my leg I have cranked the power strap down (normally, I don't, to avoid exactly this).

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    I have an issue where the outermost point on my right leg (lateral instead of medial), roughly at the top of the shell cuff (possibly slightly below, radiates down so hard to pinpoint initial spot), invariably gets a deep/nasty bruise at some point in the season, and it lasts WEEKS. Feels like there's a cord or something in my leg there that's really irritated, anatomy diagrams always show just muscle.

Boots are 27.5 Lange RS130s with Zipfits. I have a tiny bit of heel lift on the problematic boot, but only when I get bucked forward hard. This foot is over a size smaller than my other foot so not a huge surprise (things like getting knocked so far forward I nearly go over the handlebars are what I'm talking about with the foot moving.

The fit is snug on the foot to be first buckle or even unbuckled unless I'm planning to scare myself (then second buckle, but backed off). I have skinny calves, so the calves are often clamped down. Whenever I've ended up bruising my leg I have cranked the power strap down (normally, I don't, to avoid exactly this).
    maybe a leg length discrepancy as well?

1) if that is the case, can you raise up the whole foot, inside the boot, with a flat fotbed?

2) maybe an upper cuff anignment issue? check that (even space on medial and later sides of the cuff. with liner removed and upright, balanced stance)

I definitely have a leg length discrepancy. Can't really raise the foot, my insteps are too stupid high. The right boot cuff alignment feels more right than the left (it flexes more naturally), I haven't checked spacing. I will check that tonight. Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    I definitely have a leg length discrepancy. Can't really raise the foot, my insteps are too stupid high. The right boot cuff alignment feels more right than the left (it flexes more naturally), I haven't checked spacing. I will check that tonight. Thank you so much.
    you can also shim under the binding (sometimes) and usuauly raise it 50% off the discrepency (IE: add a 4mm lifter to the shorter side, if it is 8mm shorter)

but start with upper cuff. Best to do in front of a mirror or get someone else to look.

remove liner, footbeds in shell, feet in shell, center foot front to back, align shells to same width (not duck stance) and flex without looking down. move cuff to medial or lateral side so spacing between cuff and leg is even.

foot-shape

Hello everybody
    following problem. Unfortunately, I can't attach a picture.

My feet, rather narrow and flat. Forming on the outside, between the small toe and the heel, on the outside, make an outward muscle/tendon/fat "bump". this presses from the side of the bone and is always reddened by the pressure and then hurts & cramps after some time.

Generally I think I do not have too much space, rather a bit of play in the forefoot area.

I use the Nordica Strider in size 25, with a 98mm width. my ball width between 96.6-97.4
    Should I let the spot widen? does any of you have similar problems? foot shape?

Thank you

add padding to either side of the bump, and see how that feels (bridging over the bump)

if that is too much pressure, get the shell pushed out.

foot-shape

Thanks, that was my thought too. This allows the pressure to spread over a larger area.

With which material would you cushion that for the sake of simplicity?

the answer to "WTF is wrong with my boots?"

I feel like I’ve seen this somewhere in here before, but here’s the slight issue I’m dealing with-

No rhyme or reason when this happens, happened today and bothered me, last time it happened was maybe 25 ski days ago. I’m getting a muscle cramp/Charlie horse type feeling on the outside of my leg about 3-4” above the ankle bone.

Dalbello Krypton with intuition liners baked once. Like I said, this is a very occasional thing, but when it happens it kind of ruins my day. Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by trittico View Post

Thanks, that was my thought too. This allows the pressure to spread over a larger area.

With which material would you cushion that for the sake of simplicity?
    https://www.tognar.com/blog/boot-fitting/

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    I feel like I’ve seen this somewhere in here before, but here’s the slight issue I’m dealing with-

No rhyme or reason when this happens, happened today and bothered me, last time it happened was maybe 25 ski days ago. I’m getting a muscle cramp/Charlie horse type feeling on the outside of my leg about 3-4” above the ankle bone.

Dalbello Krypton with intuition liners baked once. Like I said, this is a very occasional thing, but when it happens it kind of ruins my day. Thanks guys
    4% of the time, I feel shitty when NOT skiing. thats life.

de-hydraton?
    need more stretching

My wife is an ER nurse: her solutions to everything is hydrate well and wipe front to back. Maybe try that?

Hi guys. I have two boots - Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD with Tour Wrap and Dalbello KR2 ID. Both in 24.5 shell size. These boots were purchased separately in different places and were done by different bootfitters. Atomics feel good both up and downhill, almost no pressure point - may be a little one above my big toe on left feet. But kryptons squeeze my toe area and after 30 days of skiing + one small punch this pressure point still presents. I tried Tour Wraps inside krypton shells and didn't notice any pressure.

I think the problem is that krypton liners were cooked the wrong way. With atomics bootfitter put a custom footbed underneath my feet, then added a toe cap on top of that. Then I wore a sock on top. Then I put my feet inside a liner. Then bootfitter added a very slippery and thin pantyhose on top of liner. And only after that I put everything inside a boot shell with a help of bootfitter.

Kryptons liners were heated inside boot shell. Bootfitter put a toe cap (it was must thicker than one used with atomics) + padding on my feet. Then I wore a sock. And then I tried to put my feet inside hot liners. I couldn't do it. So bootfitter removed toe cap and I put my feet inside a boot and waited until liners cooled down.

I assume that I could get rid of any pressure by recooking kryptons the correct way (like in atomics case) Should I do it by myself at home or go to a bootfitter? What do you think about this?

sounds like a re-mold would help

or just use the atomic liners in the both shells.

or stretch shell to make the room.

lots of options

I need a reality check:

Intro:
    A. My femur is longer than my tibia ( t/f = 0.85 but measurement varies because I cannot pin the exact centre of rotation). In 15 degrees boots (Atomic XTD MP25) I feel balanced. When I squat in them and put my hands close to the chest I can barely stand without falling backwards so 15 degrees seem spot-on according to some tests I found. While skiing the forward lean feels OK too (my bindings are Shifts or Wardens on all skis– so not a lot of ramp there.)

B. On the other hand I have around 10 degrees of dorsiflexion. Atomic XTD has 4 degrees ramp and the ankle joint needs to be at 11 in that boot (there are other considerations such as calf size and so on) but it seems that the static stance is at the limit of my ankle joint.

Qs:
    1. Do I need more upright boots considering my somewhat limited ankle mobility (“B”). Probably Lupos with 9 degrees? Wouldn’t a more upright boot move the COM to the tails putting me in the back seat (considering my tibia/femur ratio)?

2. Should I put heel lifts? How much – I guess with more than 4mm the boot will crush my instep?

Am I missing something? Like an elephant..

P.S. Currently, I’m going with the heel lifts. However, I have cold toes issues but only in ski boots so I guess I wouldn’t enjoy the added instep pressure.

1) we, just like you, are guessing, and the real answer is on the snow, to see how it feels and skis to you, or to a coach/instructor

2) a 4mm heel lift sill add very little over the instep (1-2mm) so not a big deal. this might be decreased if adding the lift moves your heel back in the boot more, and this might give you more room. But if you like the elevated heel, then deal with solving the instep later.

3) what problem are you trying to solve??

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    3) what problem are you trying to solve??
    First, thank you for answering and for providing lots of precious boot-fitting info!

Recently, after a week of mostly on-piste skiing I felt something like dull internal pain in the front part of the ankle joint - it felt like the bone has been bruised (sorry if my description is not clear enough - English apparently is not my native tongue ). Then, naturally, I started geeking, overthinking and comparing the range of motion of my feet next to the expected range of motion of the boot and the non-flexed position of the boot almost matched my flexed ankles. Which IMHO means that my feet and not the boots is what stops the forward flexing.
    So what I’m trying to accomplish is to provide myself with a better platform for skiing in therms of best-fitting ski boots and avoid injuries (of which I’ve already gathered enough ).

As for the first question - I might grab second hand pair of Lupos to minimize cost and try them on the snow.

Did a shell fit on the latest iteration of the ZeroG boot this week. The scaffo fits pretty well, but I have some pain points around my ankle bones. Is this a fixable issue? I've gotten plenty of punches in the past, but never in the ankle area. Maybe it's the liner and a mold will help?

Quote Originally Posted by aanev View Post
    First, thank you for answering and for providing lots of precious boot-fitting info!

Recently, after a week of mostly on-piste skiing I felt something like dull internal pain in the front part of the ankle joint - it felt like the bone has been bruised (sorry if my description is not clear enough - English apparently is not my native tongue ). Then, naturally, I started geeking, overthinking and comparing the range of motion of my feet next to the expected range of motion of the boot and the non-flexed position of the boot almost matched my flexed ankles. Which IMHO means that my feet and not the boots is what stops the forward flexing.
    So what I’m trying to accomplish is to provide myself with a better platform for skiing in therms of best-fitting ski boots and avoid injuries (of which I’ve already gathered enough ).

As for the first question - I might grab second hand pair of Lupos to minimize cost and try them on the snow.
    more upright boots might help. or stiffer, or try the heel lift and see (but I dont think it will help solve this problem)

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Did a shell fit on the latest iteration of the ZeroG boot this week. The scaffo fits pretty well, but I have some pain points around my ankle bones. Is this a fixable issue? I've gotten plenty of punches in the past, but never in the ankle area. Maybe it's the liner and a mold will help?
    1) try new shells with old liners, if that feels good, odds are the new boot will too as teh liner packs out.
    2) heat mold liners
    3) ski them
    4) if it gets worse, then punch If it gets better, ignore

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    1) try new shells with old liners, if that feels good, odds are the new boot will too as teh liner packs out.
    2) heat mold liners
    3) ski them
    4) if it gets worse, then punch If it gets better, ignore
    Thanks! Wasn't sure if punching was possible in that ankle area; thought it might interfere with the cuff. Sounds like it is a possibility.

Why do I get shin blisters? Lange Cy Freetour 130’s. 1 finger or less fit. Heel cups around back of liner to lock down heel. No spoiler in the cuff. I’ve tried everything from looser on the strap to tight AF!

I wouldn’t call it shin bang, feels fine, but rubs raw. The harder I ski the worse it is. I’ve tried different socks, one pair of brigdale seem better, but smartwool, darn tough etc all eat me up.

I had this happen bad years back, but I thought it was to soft of boot. The only thing I can come up with is to pad out the L/R of the tongue so that the point of my shin isn’t bearing all the pressure. Is my shin to pointy or is it something up with my boots?

Thanks from a newbie here. Very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Breomonkey View Post
    Why do I get shin blisters? Lange Cy Freetour 130’s. 1 finger or less fit. Heel cups around back of liner to lock down heel. No spoiler in the cuff. I’ve tried everything from looser on the strap to tight AF!

I wouldn’t call it shin bang, feels fine, but rubs raw. The harder I ski the worse it is. I’ve tried different socks, one pair of brigdale seem better, but smartwool, darn tough etc all eat me up.

I had this happen bad years back, but I thought it was to soft of boot. The only thing I can come up with is to pad out the L/R of the tongue so that the point of my shin isn’t bearing all the pressure. Is my shin to pointy or is it something up with my boots?
    blisters = rubbing = something moving.

So the tongue is rubbing on the shin somewhere/some how? maybe a inside "power strap" around the liner might help?

or the padding the sides of the bits that are sore.