Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Reviving an old thread, as it always seems good to keep info in one place.

I've got a pair of newer Mojo 15s (race heel, not diagonal). Set to a DIN of 9 and forward pressure is within the correct range.

I just mounted them up on some new skis, and when I go to do a nose press (i.e. with my weight all the way forward and cranking hard) - they double eject me. Interestingly, the heels both end up in the 'open' position - so they're releasing me vertically from the back.

I've never had this happen on my Look PX15s before - also DIN of 9.

What's the consensus? Up the forward pressure a notch so that it's at the top of the range? Turn the heel up to 10? turn the heel and toe up to 10? Switch back to the PXs?

Get longer, stiffer skis.

Sent from my DROID2
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by alkos View Post

I've got a pair of newer Mojo 15s (race heel, not diagonal). Set to a DIN of 9 and forward pressure is within the correct range.

I just mounted them up on some new skis, and when I go to do a nose press (i.e. with my weight all the way forward and cranking hard) - they double eject me. Interestingly, the heels both end up in the 'open' position - so they're releasing me vertically from the back.

What's the consensus? Up the forward pressure a notch so that it's at the top of the range? Turn the heel up to 10? turn the heel and toe up to 10? Switch back to the PXs?
    Since you checked the forward pressure (Tyrolia bindings tend to be more sensitive to being off on forward pressure than some other brands). If you are tall (lots more leverage), then I would try to crank up the heel up 1/2 or to 1 more to 10 and test again. I can eject out of my Look (Rossi) or Tyrolia if I lean forward far enough and usually crank the heel up 1/2 notch if it happens too often.

In my experience, every Tyrolia binding I've ever skied like to have the FP set towards the higher end.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    In my experience, every Tyrolia binding I've ever skied like to have the FP set towards the higher end.
    Completely agree with this.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by alkos View Post

I will echo a couple others and say they prefer higher forward pressure. I would also like to just point out that nose presses in general put much higher forces vertically on the binding heel than pretty much anything else. A soft soft soft ski will not pre-release out of the heel when nose pressing, because it changes the torque angles quite a bit, so I am going to assume you have a medium to stiff flex ski. I can butter/press with my Line Elizabeths all day, but at the same din and forward pressure, trying to do the same on my pollards opus causes a similar double ejection once in a while.

I would try to play with the forward pressure before you start adjusting DIN.

Also, just as a general comment, not sure if anyone has said this before, but the 18din Tyrolia bindings have metal wings on the toe, where the 15s have plastic toe wings.

I have a mystery regarding Fischer-branded x17 bindings: I mounted a used pair of these recently for Alpine boots with well-preserved soles and there's a huge amount of vertical toe slop.

The only odd thing about mounting these was that they were missing the plastic shim that sits under the AFD. I had another pair of old tyrolias around so I used their shim and it sure looks and seems to fit fine, but maybe there are other versions that push the afd up higher?

Any advice for what looks like a toe height issue on these tyrolias?

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by goran View Post
    I have a mystery regarding Fischer-branded x17 bindings: I mounted a used pair of these recently for Alpine boots with well-preserved soles and there's a huge amount of vertical toe slop.

The only odd thing about mounting these was that they were missing the plastic shim that sits under the AFD. I had another pair of old tyrolias around so I used their shim and it sure looks and seems to fit fine, but maybe there are other versions that push the afd up higher?

Any advice for what looks like a toe height issue on these tyrolias?

Thanks!

Resolution: the toe pieces just had significant (2-5mm) vertical play. Inspecting some other toes made the issue clear.

Anyone know if Tyrolia race bindings (Freeflex Evo) use the same jig as Attack series? Looks like they might, looking at photos online.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Anyone know if Tyrolia race bindings (Freeflex Evo) use the same jig as Attack series? Looks like they might, looking at photos online.
    Yes, all adult FreeFlex models regardless of max DIN (the current Evo as well as older versions) all use the 92 jig --- same as the Attacks

Seeking advice. I have a set of demo attack 13s on a pair of GPOs and I've never set the forward pressure on Tyrolia's before. Here's a pic of my boots in the bindings. Is my forward pressure correct or is it set too tight?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200304_203813.jpeg 
Views:	195 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	318913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200304_204608.jpeg 
Views:	197 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	318914

Forward pressure looks too low if anything. Try moving your heels forward one notch and see if the ends of those two silver tabs end up in the center of the 4 dashed lines.

Ideally what MRR11 said, taps a little more in the middle. Better a little forward of center than back.

Ok. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Attack or Ambition use the same pattern as the Peak. My son just scored himself a pair of used Solomon QST Pro 120's so he can borrow/steal my backcounty skis. I told him if tries to swap the sole plates too much he will likely strip a screw hole (he's 17 and careful is not in his vocab.) I'm wondering if there is another binding that uses some or all of the same hole so he can upgrade his Cochises (he won't be touring just needs something that works with his boots).
    Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    When I did twice the work for half the control, I was a whiny little bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Telemahn View Post
    Does anyone know if the Attack or Ambition use the same pattern as the Peak. My son just scored himself a pair of used Solomon QST Pro 120's so he can borrow/steal my backcounty skis. I told him if tries to swap the sole plates too much he will likely strip a screw hole (he's 17 and careful is not in his vocab.) I'm wondering if there is another binding that uses some or all of the same hole so he can upgrade his Cochises (he won't be touring just needs something that works with his boots).
    Attack and Peak share the same holes.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I just came here to say what a ballsy binding the Attack 13 is. My kid has a set on his park skis. After the season, I back off on spring tension on the family binding collection and reset them before the season. Well this year I forgot to set those apparently. This weekend for fun I decide take them into the park and do some light jumping and pussy rails and then jam in some woods. We have the same boot size. 3-4 runs in, I notice DINs are set at 4. I'm 6'2" and 205. Never came out once. Ballsy bindings.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Attack vs SX

Looking for advice on Tyrolia bindings. I am relatively new skier and I have very little knowledge on bindings, so I can't understand the tech stuff well.

I am buying some new skis (Line Blend) and was thinking to get Attack2 Demo bindings on them. I chose the demos for two reasons - to be able to move the binding between dead centre and back stance, as I don't have much experience with similar skis so I am not sure which mount position would suit me best. Also, I though it will make the skis more re-sellable later.

Looking at specs I have noticed the "diagonal release" and 4 toe rollers on models like SX10 (which I have currently), while the Attacks have only 2 toe rollers and no mention of 180/diagonal release. The heel pieces look quite similar to the SX10.

I am 39 years old and I am quite keen on safety. I do baby things like a nose/tail press, slide a box, or a small 180 jump, but nothing serious in terms of park riding - no big air, rails etc. On groomers and powder I ski at moderate speeds, like 30-40 kph.

As far as I understand the Attacks are meant to be very strong and keep your skis on when you make land big jumps, drops, hit rails heavily etc. Is it in expense of safety though? Are they less likely to release properly on weird twisting falls? Or it's just them having a different design and they will be just as safe as the lower class bindings like the SX10 ?

If there is a major safety gain I would be willing to loose the ability to change the mount position and just get AM12 or SX10.

Quote Originally Posted by boyanr View Post
    Looking for advice on Tyrolia bindings. I am relatively new skier and I have very little knowledge on bindings, so I can't understand the tech stuff well.

I am buying some new skis (Line Blend) and was thinking to get Attack2 Demo bindings on them. I chose the demos for two reasons - to be able to move the binding between dead centre and back stance, as I don't have much experience with similar skis so I am not sure which mount position would suit me best. Also, I though it will make the skis more re-sellable later.

Looking at specs I have noticed the "diagonal release" and 4 toe rollers on models like SX10 (which I have currently), while the Attacks have only 2 toe rollers and no mention of 180/diagonal release. The heel pieces look quite similar to the SX10.

I am 39 years old and I am quite keen on safety. I do baby things like a nose/tail press, slide a box, or a small 180 jump, but nothing serious in terms of park riding - no big air, rails etc. On groomers and powder I ski at moderate speeds, like 30-40 kph.

As far as I understand the Attacks are meant to be very strong and keep your skis on when you make land big jumps, drops, hit rails heavily etc. Is it in expense of safety though? Are they less likely to release properly on weird twisting falls? Or it's just them having a different design and they will be just as safe as the lower class bindings like the SX10 ?

If there is a major safety gain I would be willing to loose the ability to change the mount position and just get AM12 or SX10.
    Just get Attack13’s...don’t bother with their “budget” models....

OK, forget the SX10, this is more of a general question on safety. It can be the AM12 or the Marker Squire 11 or the Griffin. They all have toes that are said to release in backwards twisting falls, while for the Attack it seems there is no such technology and there is only lateral release in the toes?

Quote Originally Posted by boyanr View Post
    OK, forget the SX10, this is more of a general question on safety. It can be the AM12 or the Marker Squire 11 or the Griffin. They all have toes that are said to release in backwards twisting falls, while for the Attack it seems there is no such technology and there is only lateral release in the toes?
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Just get Attack13’s
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

No binding on the market protects your knees.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

OK thanks for the input, Attacks it is, at least for now, maybe one day I switch to Look Pivots

One final question - as I said I was thinking to get the demo, in order to experiment with different positions and find out which will suit me best. I have never skied such type of skis and as some swear by centre mount, some go with recommended (a few cm from centre) and many go somewhere in between, the Attack Demo would let me ski all those and figure out which one works best for me. At the same time, I am getting a very flexible ski (Line Blends) for butters and stuff, will the Demo significantly effect the flex because of the rails? The Blends are supposedly stiffer under the boot but yet... If the flex is affected I guess I will go with regular Attacks, which would even save me like 30-40 euros.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    My Mojo 15s on my Praxis have developed a bit of toe slop, allowing a few degrees of roll in either direction. Forward pressure is set higher than recommended, in a (vain) attempt to eliminate roll.

Ideas, peoples?
    Majorly old thread bump.

Having this same problem on a pair of Peak 18's, can't find a good answer anywhere. Wings just slightly move horizontally and vertically when twisting them by hand without the boot clicked in. Anyone have info? Doesn't seem to affect the on snow feel as far as I can tell but trying to get ahead of it before it gets worse (ie I get ejected in a bad spot). Skied them hard without issue yet, knock on wood.

I'm still using this bindings on 3 pairs of skis, always loved them and haven't had a reason to upgrade. Would swapping the toes out for Attacks work with the Peak heel if worse comes to worse? Think they use the same hole pattern so that would seem be the easiest fix. Thanks

Can I bring this thread back from the dead?

Looks like the attack2 is now a 14 din GW and has an updated toe piece and a lower stand height…

Powder 7 is my source…

Anyone know if the ramp delta has been reduced to neutral or altered in any way with these other “improvements”?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?