Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Has anyone actually been able to talk to a live human being, or gotten an email response from Vail?.
    Yes, Splat did. Think he said, (as stated), Epic will charge balance to CC's in Nov.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

I did, too. The agent was happy to change my preference for unlimited pass to local pass, and take my payment over the phone. I was told that everyone else will be billed on 11/02
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I had requested switching from full epic to tahoe value using that pass exception form. Finally got an email today that I needed to call them to confirm some details. After only a 15 minute hold I got through to an agent and got my tahoe value pass secured with a discount using the $105 credit.

when does the reservation portal open up?
    i think i may do some poaching before i ever get my pass scanned this year to see what its all about. im allergic to lines

What phone number are you guys calling?

970-754-0086

That is not the same number they have on the website. WTF?

(970) 719-3035 worked for me.

This is nuts.

I commented on a post on CB's instagram and their social media person is trying to help me now. He did confirm they are charging balances next week. WTF indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by duffski View Post
    970-754-0086
    This is the Vail office, not Denver. I got an actual person who was not able to help me after 15 minutes (credit was paid in Canadian dollars originally, code wouldn't work), then was transferred to another number (970) 306-0950 where I sat on hold for an hour and 6 minutes with shitty canned music before I had to leave. Unbelievably poor execution on Vail's part.

In our business (online retail) if a customer has to wait more than 15 minutes on hold, they light a fire under someone's ass.

Edit to add: After another hold of 21 minutes, I got through to someone in Denver who said they "might be experiencing a large call volume" at (970) 306-0950, and suggested I call Whistler Blackcomb directly (800) 766-0449. At this number they play a canned greeting twice in an Aussie accent and then hang up. Awesome.
    Last edited by gregL; 10-27-2020 at 04:46 PM.

I just talked to some chick at the bar that works for VR. Answered all my questions, quite enthusiastically. Best customer service ever.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    This is the Vail office, not Denver. I got an actual person who was not able to help me after 15 minutes (credit was paid in Canadian dollars originally, code wouldn't work), then was transferred to another number (970) 306-0950 where I sat on hold for an hour and 6 minutes with shitty canned music before I had to leave. Unbelievably poor execution on Vail's part.

In our business (online retail) if a customer has to wait more than 15 minutes on hold, they light a fire under someone's ass.

Edit to add: After another hold of 21 minutes, I got through to someone in Denver who said they "might be experiencing a large call volume" at (970) 306-0950, and suggested I call Whistler Blackcomb directly (800) 766-0449. At this number they play a canned greeting twice in an Aussie accent and then hang up. Awesome.
    It's not even a wait. You go through the promps, get to the point where a phone rings, and a voice comes up and says, volume is so high, call back later, and then hang up. Wtf? This is not a good omen for this company. At all. Christ, my bank at least routes me to somebody in Mumbai.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I just talked to some chick at the bar that works for VR. Answered all my questions, quite enthusiastically. Best customer service ever.
    On my way to your town to spread COVID in your bar. Mind PM'Ing me the bar name? I sat on hold for 20 minutes before giving up today.

I think I'm just gonna roll the dice and if shit hits the fan next Friday, I'm gonna get a refund and just do a pass at (unnamed independent mountain). F COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    when does the reservation portal open up?
    i think i may do some poaching before i ever get my pass scanned this year to see what its all about. im allergic to lines
    I think 11/6

Pass Exception Team direct line is (970) 754-0086. Reservations open next Friday 11/6. It's gonna be EPIC!

I filled out online Pass Exception Form on 9/9 when I was unable to apply 20% credit to my pass since I was downgrading from Tahoe Local Pass to Tahoe Value Pass, Senior version that I qualified for a couple of days before original 9/7 deadline. I had no problem using credit renewing my wife's Tahoe Value Pass. My friends gave up and renewed their Epic Local and Tahoe Local Passes.

When I submitted form, pop-up said they would handle it in 6-8 weeks which I started worrying got close to reservation day if it took full 8 weeks. I called last week (I've learned to call at 7:58 AM PDT to get through phone tree right at 9 AM Mountain - 7:59 is too late) and they said they were working on Exceptions and gave me direct line posted above in case I had not heard from them. Today they called me and verified credit card and charged me $359.20 for my pass. I'm hoping to get 30 days on it which is less than I had last year between Tahoe Local Pass, Ikon Base Pass, 3 days BC snow cat skiing and 5 non-pass days at Kicking Horse, Fernie and Castle. Not planning to go out-of-state besides NV side of Heavenly although RV trip to places I've never been before in OR, ID and/or UT or even SoCAL is possible.

On my way to your town to spread COVID in your bar. Mind PM'Ing me the bar name? .
    I’m good, I’ve been wearing the same N95 since March. 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It's not even a wait. You go through the promps, get to the point where a phone rings, and a voice comes up and says, volume is so high, call back later, and then hang up. Wtf? This is not a good omen for this company. At all. Christ, my bank at least routes me to somebody in Mumbai.
    They know it's you, the biggest complainer in America. Borrow a phone from anyone else and you'll get right through.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Has anyone actually been able to talk to a live human being, or gotten an email response from Vail? They still haven't charged me beyond the $49 down for my passes. I'm nervous that the reservation window is going to open and they're gonna be like "sorry, your pass isn't valid" and I'll miss out on my priority days.
    Name:  epic.JPG
Views: 1701
Size:  74.2 KB

How's the patina on that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    How's the patina on that thing?
    She's a beaut! Moab dust turned it orange but no one can tell that to isn't the original color so I might get another month out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That was why I decided not to buy a pass this year. I called several times in August and September to get answers to questions emailed a bunch as well. Still have not gotten a reply email. Fuck Vail. It’s gonna be a epic shit show this year for sure.

You too?

I too had a hell of a time getting ahold of them. Had traded messages with someone through the Stevens Pass site who then looped me into CS at Vail about how my discount code wouldn’t work. Their reply was to get someone on the phone and provided code. Well, we all know how that went calling the number periodically the 3 weeks leading up to the deadline.. didn’t get through.

Fast forward to early Oct I finally caught someone on the phone before my patients ran out. Laid out what happened, dropped the names and date of my emails showing I was actively trying to pay the fuckers. The agent accepted the info I laid out then basically said they couldn’t do anything for me on last years credit or early price despite my checkout issue in mid August.
    Was not happy, told em I spending elsewhere. Have been a pass holder for 10 straight years and added wife and kid the last 4. Instead of cutting us about $200 they lost 3 passes. Something tells me it didn’t bother the stoned dude on the other line.

Not with sales at 130% of last years. They will do just fine on sales. More people wanting to use there passes and reservations does not sound like fun.

We would have bought the Kirkwood only pass as we usually do. But suspect it will book out often this year as N* and Heavenly will be overrun with Bay Area folks not flying out to ski this year. A few folks I know who usually get Epic Passes for their family so they can go to Whistler or Vail decided on the KW only pass. Good folks, but kind of snow kooks. Just more stuff to avoid this winter.

Kid is picking up touring this winter once my shoulder is ready.