Page 46 of 122 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 3042
    They sure weren't giving the U.S. a "timeout" the past four years in Arizona where my dad has a winter place. Fucking flocking there and acting like noisy assholes around the pool all day long, taking advantage of our warm weather. Fact is there's nothing in Canada that can compare to natural wonders like Yellowstone, Yosemite, and the desert Southwest. They'll come, bet that.

there are natural wonders ever where they are just different

In any case I thot it was America that is getting the time out from Canada ?

did you get your threads mixed up ?

I'm betting they were acting like noisy assholes in an effort to fit in
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Its the Aussies that come to every ski town in western Canada in winter that are the big drinkers and noisy asshats....excepts no one out drinks Canucks who live in the North.
    And the Americans, they just mostly go to Whistler so they can line up in the rain while they overpay for everything.

Canada could be 75% vaxed by the weekend if they let in vaccinated visitors. When the border opens the vaccination rate among visitors will be higher than the natives. No matter when or from where.

They should wait, though. Let the ignorant jingos burn a little lower.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Its the Aussies that come to every ski town in western Canada in winter that are the big drinkers and noisy asshats....excepts no one out drinks Canucks who live in the North.
    And the Americans, they just mostly go to Whistler so they can line up in the rain while they overpay for everything.
    Not true. We 'mericans are split between Ikon and Epic, and go to their respective resorts.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Not true. We 'mericans are split between Ikon and Epic, and go to their respective resorts.
    Long before there was Ikon or Epic, way more Americans skied at Whistler than all other western Canadian resorts combined. Highly unlikely that the 2 passes have materially changed anything.

Holy fuck some of you guys only see black and white, eh?

I'll try to break it down in simple American for you:
    -Canada healthcare free
    -Free = just good enough during normal times
    -Covid times are not normal times
    -We still in covid times
    -Covid times almost over
    -Border no open until population safe
    -Population safe at 75% vaccinated
    -Population not yet 75% vaccinated
    -Population not yet care about USA tourism (in GENERAL, yes I know Mike and Nancy from Canada have been travelling to their golf course home in Phoenix, but they are def. not the majority of Canadians you'll have to trust me on that one)

And who the hell wants to travel for tourism while negative test results are still required anyway? Not only is getting tested a PITA, say you test positive and can't get on a plane to come home. Then what? You have to isolate for 14 days, which sounds expensive and really, really hard. "Umm yes I'd like to rent a hotel room for 14 days, just me by myself, no nothing suspicious here!"

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    -Covid times almost over
    Bless your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    You literally have 150+ countries to choose from...

Will you fellow canucks please teach this man a simple lesson in statistics, and more importantly how to read and interpret a data set. All i got out him is that he can count from 1-n.

Death Race LOLOL. Number of deaths relative to population is the metric you are looking for, but based on your earlier responses you like to just count.

I love how people are throwing around this arbitrary 75% number now fed to you by the Canadian gov't and media.

We don't know what percentage we need for herd immunity yet. Herd immunity can be reached anywhere from 75%-95% based on the R-naught value of the virus in question. We do know this this virus is more contagious than other known viruses which would indicate a higher percentage needed than your magical 75% number (closer to 95% needed like measles which has an r value of 12-18). Add in breakthrough cases after vaccination, and the magic 75% percent number is still closer to 65%. Again. Statistics. Science.

Be prepared to close the borders for a LONNNG time because this virus and the eventual variants aren't going away any time soon.
    I honestly do not think the 75% number being 'fed' to us (lol) is based completely on science. I think it's a politically established and (probably) achievable target value that is a compromise between the safety of the population and the ability to go back to normal lives.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Bless your heart.
    figuratively speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    I honestly do not think the 75% number being 'fed' to us (lol) is based completely on science. I think it's a politically established and (probably) achievable target value that is a compromise between the safety of the population and the ability to go back to normal lives.
    Exactly. So why does a number that is politically established mean jack shit? I rest my case.

We don't need Canada. Canada needs us.

The economy is based off resource extraction. Basically the russia of the west.

See you when we see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Exactly. So why does a number that is politically established mean jack shit? I rest my case.

We don't need Canada. Canada needs us.

The economy is based off resource extraction. Basically the russia of the west.

See you when we see you.
    Guy we'll be fine

you know who really needs 'you' is Cuba. But that's probably for another thread.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Sorry, but I call BS. There were significantly more Canadians visiting the US (than vice versa) before CoVid, and I don't believe for a second that will change once the border opens again.
    Particularly if you look at it on a per capita %.

This thread makes me want to sell my Canadian bikes. Unfortunately the alternatives are mostly Chinese and they literally use servitude or slavery to repress a religion, so dammit! But those Americans elected Trump, so screw them and their freedom to elect whether they get a shot or not.

WE are all NIMBY's. California has moved to my home town. I wonder if all of them have the shot. Ironically I do, so why do I need to worry about anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Particularly if you look at it on a per capita %.

This thread makes me want to sell my Canadian bikes. Unfortunately the alternatives are mostly Chinese and they literally use servitude or slavery to repress a religion, so dammit! But those Americans elected Trump, so screw them and their freedom to elect whether they get a shot or not.

WE are all NIMBY's. California has moved to my home town. I wonder if all of them have the shot. Ironically I do, so why do I need to worry about anyone else?
    the majority of all bikes are made in Taiwan in the Giant factory, you arent gona sell yours unless its in your $$$$ interest

the vast majority of border crossings are not dentists & metro sexuals from Seattle going to ski at whistler, its for business and it would be mostly back east,

goggle the balance of trade figures for USA- mexico and USA Canada and see who depends on whom, America's largest trading partner is actualy that shit-hole country of murders/ thieves and rapists to the south, Canada isnt that far behind ... Trump couldn't figure it out either

you need to worry because we are all in this togetehr
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    They sure weren't giving the U.S. a "timeout" the past four years in Arizona where my dad has a winter place. Fucking flocking there and acting like noisy assholes around the pool all day long, taking advantage of our warm weather. Fact is there's nothing in Canada that can compare to natural wonders like Yellowstone, Yosemite, and the desert Southwest. They'll come, bet that.
    On behalf of the rest of the world, how does your own medicine taste?

This whole thread is great - bunch of yanks simultaneously demanding we let them in all the while squawking about how there is no reason to go to Canada anyway. I was hoping for a July re-opening but am feeling pretty spiteful given all the narcissistic whining.

15,000 US truck drivers enter Canada each day right now. I'd love to see what their vaccination rate is? And I bet they comply with Canada's mask rules just as well as they did back home.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    15,000 US truck drivers enter Canada each day right now. I'd love to see what their vaccination rate is? And I bet they comply with Canada's mask rules just as well as they did back home.
    In Canada, cross boarder truck drivers were prioritized as one of the first groups to be immunized. (can't say I know what percentage took up this offer) This was also a strategy in several states.

In regards to masks - the rules are pretty strictly enforced - no mask, no entry.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Fact is there's nothing in Canada that can compare to natural wonders like Yellowstone, Yosemite, and the desert Southwest. They'll come, bet that.
    I guess it depends on what you mean by "compare." Canada certainly has amazing natural wonders, too. Have you been to Yoho, Banff or Jasper just for starters?

By the way, Trudeau made comments yesterday that make me skeptical that the border will reopen in July:
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...slators-499713

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Wow. News to me and likely many canucks on here. The US is here to save the day and provide necessary goods to your resource extraction/service based economy.

"They're hereeeee!" :Poltergeist voice:

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    One of the benefits of covid? Not hearing "g'day mate" or "how ya going" from all the lifties.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post

Lifting of COVID-19 restrictions in the UK and the Delta variant
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...328-3/fulltext

Snip:

As of July 6, 86% of adults in England had received at least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccine, and 64% were fully vaccinated. Impressive figures indeed, but nowhere near high enough to control the spread of the Delta variant (also known as B.1.617.2) that is now responsible for 95% of sequenced cases in the country.

The reproductive number (R0) for the original strain of SARS-CoV-2 is roughly 2.5. The Alpha variant (B.1.1.7), which was previously dominant in the UK, is around 60% more transmissible than the parental virus. The Delta variant is roughly 60% more transmissible than the Alpha variant, which translates to an R0 of nearly 7. “If you have a virus with an R0 of 6 or 7, then the herd immunity point is somewhere in the region of 85%”, explained Martin Hibberd, Professor of Emerging Infectious Diseases at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

According to Public Health England, a single dose of either the AstraZeneca or the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is only 33% effective against the Delta variant, compared with 50% for the Alpha variant. Fortunately, the full schedules are highly protective against hospitalisation and symptomatic disease for both variants. WHO has confirmed that all the vaccines it has listed for emergency use are effective against the Delta variant. But the vaccines do not prevent people from becoming infected with SARS-CoV-2, and it is unclear how efficiently they protect against long COVID. “The main benefit from vaccination is the reduction in transmission; there may well be a reduced risk in long COVID, for those who contract COVID-19 after being vaccinated, but we cannot yet quantify it”, said Spector.

Given that neither natural infection nor vaccination provides protective immunity in everybody, it is extremely difficult to calculate the number of people that need to have been infected or vaccinated to reach the herd immunity point in the UK. Moreover, it remains to be seen how long the antibodies last. Spector and Hibberd argue for booster shots. The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation has recommended that a potential booster programme should start offering jabs to priority groups from September, 2021.

A study in Scotland concluded that infection with the Delta variant, which has thus far been detected in 96 countries worldwide, was almost twice as likely to lead to hospitalisation as infection with the Alpha variant. People who contract COVID-19 in the UK now tend to experience the disease as something akin to a heavy cold. Shortness of breath and loss of taste and smell are no longer prominent symptoms. This could be down to the Delta variant, or to the age or vaccination status of those infected. Regardless of the cause, it complicates control efforts.

85-90% most likely imo.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    One of the benefits of covid? Not hearing "g'day mate" or "how ya going" from all the lifties.
    I'm going to say that every time on a shared lift this winter just to piss off the locals. I'll even add a "Did you get the shot? Nah. Not me. Fuck that shit. Live Free or Die!"
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Title should read: Canada closed until JT gets hair re-dyed and 4th booster shot.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    California has moved to my home town. I wonder if all of them have the shot. Ironically I do, so why do I need to worry about anyone else?
    You live in Utah and you're complaining about the vaccination rate of Californians coming there???
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.