Page 1556 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 ... LastLast
Results 38,876 to 38,900 of 41810
    The problem with people getting over covid at home is that the best drugs--if you can get them--require treating before you get very sick. At least that was the case before omicron. And the reality of medical care in the US--and I suspect Canada and a lot of places with good health care systems--is that getting that kind of care promptly from your personal doctor is likely to be a challenge.

And with omicron, who is high enough risk, especially among the vaccinated, to justify covid pills? Does anyone know this yet?

It is not reasonable to ask the general public to keep track of all the changing information and to know what their personal risk is in order to know when to go to the ER when their personal doctor can't help them.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The problem with people getting over covid at home is that the best drugs--if you can get them--require treating before you get very sick. At least that was the case before omicron. And the reality of medical care in the US--and I suspect Canada and a lot of places with good health care systems--is that getting that kind of care promptly from your personal doctor is likely to be a challenge.

And with omicron, who is high enough risk, especially among the vaccinated, to justify covid pills? Does anyone know this yet?

It is not reasonable to ask the general public to keep track of all the changing information and to know what their personal risk is in order to know when to go to the ER when their personal doctor can't help them.
    Our country claims 4-6 days to get pcr test result back from the truckee or grass valley testing centers.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    While I wouldn't begin to compare the US health care "system" to those of other modern industrialized nations, their health care systems are buckling under the cost and the case loads as well. But their citizens aren't being bankrupted.

One guess would be a blood clot in her lung, due to Covid.
    Saddle embolus

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Our country claims 4-6 days to get pcr test result back from the truckee or grass valley testing centers.
    Stat PCR gets results in around 45 minutes. The problem is that the system is overwhelmed by the general public wanting testing. I’m not convinced that testing for exposure and mild symptoms is accomplishing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Stat PCR gets results in around 45 minutes. The problem is that the system is overwhelmed by the general public wanting testing. I’m not convinced that testing for exposure and mild symptoms is accomplishing anything.

And then add in testing for travel. We may need to go to Canada soon to help thing#1 through an issue. I need a negative PCR performed within 72 hours before I cross the border. I live 9 hours from the preferred border crossing. Testing hours, if you can even find an appointment, are weird. So the timing becomes very problematic. Using the border crossing 15 minutes from the house helps with test timing and being able to print the results before I leave the house but it means driving up and around Maine in Quebec which sucks even when it isn't winter. Plus then I have to deal with two Provinces rules regarding COVID. I'd prefer not to travel, obviously.

It’s keeping keeping people from going to work and keeping kids out of school. It’s allergy season here.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Not Rogers or Djok but apparently this person was well known in Urup..

Hana Horka: Czech singer dies after catching Covid intentionally

This is why vax and not positive test is the preferred pass to play in the US.. To prevent COVID parties..
    Oh snap, outspoken vax / mask / and mandate critic Meat Loaf has died after becoming seriously ill with covid-19.

Apparently, he would do anything for love, but he wouldn't do that.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

outspoken vax / mask / and mandate critic Meat Loaf
    You sure about that?

Did you mean: outspoken wax / mask / and mandate critic Meatloaf
    It looks like there aren't many great matches for your search
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Yah, these preventable deaths are pretty sad.

https://theweek.com/news/1009243/mea...ill-with-covid

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Oh snap, outspoken vax / mask / and mandate critic Meat Loaf has died after becoming seriously ill with covid-19.

Apparently, he would do anything for love, but he wouldn't do that.
    Not sure about his politics but Louis Anderson also went down today. Anybody else good with Ted Nugent being #3?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Comedian Louie Anderson died Friday morning in Las Vegas of complications from cancer, according to a representative. He was 68.
    Maybe layoff the cheerleading for people who are dying?

RE: Mr Loaf from TMZ:Our sources say Meat Loaf has been outspoken about COVID, railing with folks in Australia recently about vaccine mandates. We do not know if he was vaccinated.

Both of these men were old, had underlying health problems and were overweight.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    <snip>
    RE: Mr Loaf from TMZ:Our sources say Meat Loaf has been outspoken about COVID, railing with folks in Australia recently about vaccine mandates. We do not know if he was vaccinated.
    Outspoken against mandates... dies of COVID...

I mean, it's just speculation, but I'm gonna say he was *not* vaxxed.

Also: AP article on Louie Anderson states, "Anderson died at a hospital in Las Vegas of complications from cancer, said Glenn Schwartz, his longtime publicist."

https://apnews.com/article/louie-and...8ca6549d5b5c04

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Outspoken against mandates... dies of COVID...

I mean, it's just speculation, but I'm gonna say he was *not* vaxxed.
    You may be right or he may have been of the Libertarian bent when if comes to Mandates. He did go off the rails over climate change claiming it was a hoax. My point is that this is pure speculation and more than a little disgusting.

You may be right or he may have been of the Libertarian bent when if comes to Mandates. He did go off the rails over climate change claiming it was a hoax. My point is that this is pure speculation and more than a little disgusting.
    So perhaps a complete nutter?

He wouldn't be the 1st...

I think you're right about the speculation part.

we may never know but “respect our wishes for privacy” plus his anti-covid stances seem to say no need for “i told you so”.

dude had a couple other risk factors too.

It's helpful for predicting hospitalization loading and seeing which way the pandemic is moving. It also helps keep people who may still be contagious from going to work....
    But, if it's screwing something else over... I get the point.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Maybe layoff the cheerleading for people who are dying?

Both of these men were old, had underlying health problems and were overweight.
    "Not sure about" Anderson... But my "third" was about famous deaths happening in threes. As for cheerleading for the deaths of antivax Pied Pipers leading thousands and thousands of others to their death?? Bring on Ted Nugent, Bring on Bob Seger, bring on Eric Clapton . They're all responsible for the deaths of fans who listen to them regarding vaccines and masks. The sooner they get the fuck out of the way of common sense public policy the sooner this nightmare ends for all of us.

@ SJG You are an asshole.

Or You're an asshole.

RE:
    anti-covid stance
    Granted that Google is not the most comprehensive search engine in the known world but, please provide a direct quote that shows his (Meat Loaf) "anti-covid stance"

https://www.google.com/search?client...i-covid+stance

BTW I a have an "anti-covid stance" as well, I am against it and people dying from it. Even those I disagree with politically.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    It's helpful for predicting hospitalization loading and seeing which way the pandemic is moving. It also helps keep people who may still be contagious from going to work....
    But, if it's screwing something else over... I get the point.
    My situation is that I have symptoms, they seem to mimic allergies. My wife and one of my kids also have had similar symptoms. My community is still on the upswing in cases. Schools tell us to assume our children have had multiple close contacts. Home tests are sold out the morning they arrive at the pharmacies. I take a home test 2 days after symptom onset, the day before one of my first responder volunteer days at the ski hill. Test is negative. Knowing that I may have taken it too early with onset of symptoms to get a true result and still feeling crummy, I call in sick. I get a pcr test on Monday at the community testing center, results still pending on Friday (today).

Wife works in schools. With her allergy-like symptoms, she’s supposed to stay home for at least 5 days and can report back after a negative test. She took a pcr test on Tuesday.

Kid out from school has to have a negative test (pcr or antigen) to go back to school after 5 days of isolation from symptom onset. We’re holding onto our last home test for him to get back into school (or not if he tests positive).

Granted that Google is not the most comprehensive search engine in the known world but, please provide a direct quote that shows his (Meat Loaf) "anti-covid stance"

https://www.google.com/search?client...i-covid+stance

BTW I a have an "anti-covid stance" as well, I am against it and people dying from it. Even those I disagree with politically.
    whoah there, i am not cheerleading for any deaths and Meat Loaf was one of a kind whether you liked his music or not. There aren't a lot of fat dorky kids that get to become rock stars.

Anti-mask:

You do? You're not afraid? (of covid)

Oh, I’m scared to death! You kidding me? But I'm sorry, I understood stopping life for a little while, but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics. And right now they're stopping because of politics. And on CNN last night, it finally came out that the masks we’re all wearing are useless. But I've known that for six months. They don't do anything. They don't stop you from getting COVID. They're just a nuisance and make your nose itch and make it so you can't breathe.
    The only good masks are N95. But we got one, and it was so badly made, the straps were so short, they would go on a child. So we had to go on the airplane with the paper masks and then on the way back, we got a Nazi: “Get your mask on now!” They’re power-mad now.

Oh, God. We're being controlled by everybody.

Yeah, I know. But not me. If I die, I die, but I'm not going to be controlled.

The lyrics of the extremely crappy Van Morrison song he shared a few months ago on FB:

Stand and deliver
    You let them put the fear on you
    Stand and deliver
    But not a word you heard was true
    But if there's nothing you can say
    There may be nothing you can do

Do you wanna be a free man
    Or do you wanna be a slave?
    Do you wanna be a free man
    Or do you wanna be a slave?
    Do you wanna wear these chains
    Until you're lying in the grave?

I don't wanna be a pauper
    And I don't wanna be a prince
    I don't wanna be a pauper
    And I don't wanna be a prince
    I just wanna do my job
    Playing the blues for my friends

Magna Carta, Bill of Rights
    The constitution, what's it worth?
    You know they're gonna grind us down, ah
    Until it really hurts
    Is this a sovereign nation
    Or just a police state?
    You better look out, people
    Before it gets too late

D'you wanna be your own driver
    Or keep on flogging a dead horse?
    D'you wanna be your own driver
    Or keep on flogging a dead horse?
    Do you wanna make it better
    Or do you wanna make it worse?

Stand and deliver
    You let them put the fear on you
    Sold down the river
    But not a word of it was true
    If there's nothing you can say
    There may be nothing you can do

Stand and deliver
    Stand and deliver
    Dick Turpin wore a mask too

Google seems to work just fine here.

Don't be a slave to fear, anti-vaxxers!

Full disclosure, I can still greatly appreciate the artistic works of people I strongly disagree with on a personal or political level. Love Ted Nugent's music, he's a horrible excuse for a human.. On topic, I'm 100% good with Darwin removing as many obtuse obstacles to pandemic necessary measures as he can. It's a bummer, but for the best IMHO..

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    There aren't a lot of fat dorky kids that get to become rock stars.
    ^This really should be his legacy. Meatloaf made numerous bad life (and now death) decisions that are good cautionary tales but he did cut thru and make it to the top for a while...defying most expectations.

The new mask rules for Covid in Britain has the Unmask Our Kids page on FB going off right now. Is there any science behind the odd decision? Or is more because Morris has his ass caught in the wringer right now? I think #2. Altsnob maybe can find me a link. He's good at that shit.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51205344
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Full disclosure, I can still greatly appreciate the artistic works of people I strongly disagree with on a personal or political level. Love Ted Nugent's music, he's a horrible excuse for a human.. On topic, I'm 100% good with Darwin removing as many obtuse obstacles to pandemic necessary measures as he can. It's a bummer, but for the best IMHO..
    Ahhh yes, his songs about brutalizing women and having sex with underage girls are really great!

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Ahhh yes, his songs about brutalizing women and having sex with underage girls are really great!

I don't listen to lyrics much, just the music..