Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    See the question mark at the end of my post you quoted?.
    Seemed more like a facetious remark than an honest question. I apologize

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Seemed more like a facetious remark than an honest question. I apologize
    Yes, I can see how it came off that way by my use of "experts" but I genuinely meant people who have a good understanding of the process...

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I've seen that happen a few times--also the other way--someone thinks they're pressing for morphine and they're really calling the nurse, over and over again. Pisses the nurses off.
    The guy probably just moved to a different room after he complained about his incoherent roomate who kept screaming.
    When I was in Tahoe Forest overnight for the injury I mentioned upthread, they gave me a morphine button with like a 10 minute delay between doses. It beeped every time I administered. My dipshit roommate kept calling the nurse's station. Like all night. In my doped-up state, it took me a while to figure out what he was mumbling when they came in. He kept saying, "You called me. What was that beep?" I eventually figured out that he thought the beep from my morphine drip was the nurse's station calling him, and then he responded by calling them back.

That was a shitty night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Someone posted that the junkies don't really care if they OD because they think they'll just get fixed up with Narcan by the medics. The junkies I've seen around South Everett sure don't seem like they care if they die or not. There's a greenbelt next to a building we handle that looks like a scene out of a zombie apocalypse movie from all of the drug addicts living back there. When the Sheriff shows up it's like a zombie apocalypse spartan mud run, pretty scary to witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    When the Sheriff shows up it's like a zombie apocalypse spartan mud run, pretty scary to witness.
    Do they have gopro's on?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Do they have gopro's on?
    or can you arrange that they where them? Please?

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/cocai...verdose-deaths

In 96 percent of this year's fentanyl deaths, coroners found other recreational substances. Cocaine was the most commonly-mixed drug, found in 46 percent of fentanyl deaths. That's more than heroin, which was found in just 30 percent of the deaths. Ethyl alcohol and meth were also found to be mixed with fentan

Times my simple son will shake me to,
    syringe still hanging like a feather from my arm.
    What are you always doing, he asks.
    Flying, I say. Show me how, he begs.
    And finally, I do. You’d think
    the sun had gotten lost inside his head,
    the way he smiled.
    From a worthy longread: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...-epidemic.html

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    When I was in Tahoe Forest overnight for the injury I mentioned upthread, they gave me a morphine button with like a 10 minute delay between doses. It beeped every time I administered. My dipshit roommate kept calling the nurse's station. Like all night. In my doped-up state, it took me a while to figure out what he was mumbling when they came in. He kept saying, "You called me. What was that beep?" I eventually figured out that he thought the beep from my morphine drip was the nurse's station calling him, and then he responded by calling them back.

That was a shitty night.
    That's better than the neurosurgery patient I had who thought his urinal was a telephone and kept trying to make calls on it, or the patient with burned hands in splints who thought his hands were sharks attacking him.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Narcotics. Ugh.

When I shredded my tib-fib a few years back the morphine drip at Tahoe Forest was helpful. And so was the hydrocodone they sent me home with. But the constipation that almost made me pass out while trying to crutch to the bathroom 4-5 days later was as bad as the pain from the injury. Ended up going to classes on hydrocodone. Useful but not a fan. Friends: "Well dude, at least they gave you the good drugs." Yeah. I'd never take it recreationally. Fuck that noise. Also, being semi-conscious with one leg in the air and hearing power tools during the procedure because I had a spinal going and wasn't under general has to be one of my top 5 worst life memories.

On the policy/street aspect, I'm quite surprised this hasn't been posted in here yet:
    http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...s-don-winslow/

It's long. But do yourself a favor and read it. I don't agree with his conclusions re weed legalization, but the dude knows his shit.

Portugal is smart. We should be like Portugal.
    very good read

Actually two parties in Canada are discussing going the portugal way and decriminalizing all drugs
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Just found out I lost a old friend from the hometown and a time that exists mostly in legend and drunken tales every time the survivors of the same gather.

Typical story that makes you even madder when you hear it, just not sure who to be mad at. Car accident, bad injury, pills, stress on the family and marriage and then god knows what. As quickly as it started it’s all over. ALL OVER. All I know is two very young kids don’t have a dad anymore and that should be enough make anyone pause.

Good family, good town, good dad, good everything. Knew better, knew of cautionary tales, none of it apparently mattered.

Fuck this vile shit.

Fuck this vile shit is right.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Peace
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Wow. Weird Burroughs interview.

I used to buy into that beat nick shit that junkies are fine if you just give them free junk.
    I know better now.
    . . .

you’re back on the junk and posting

fuck yeah

WTF is up with the heroin?

my homies in the ER tell me there’s a bad batch going around town

Heroin, be the death of me
    Heroin, it's my wife and it's my life
    Because a mainline to my vein
    Leads to a center in my head
    And then I'm better off than dead
    Because when the smack begins to flow
    I really don't care anymore
    About all the Jim-Jim's in this town
    And all the politicians makin' crazy sounds
    And everybody puttin' everybody else down
    And all the dead bodies piled up in mounds

I have had 5 or 6 friends die of heroin Overdose. mostly guys, but a couple of beautiful girls. Great people. Smart (sometimes). Children of very prominent families. I miss them a lot. RIP. Oh well, that is growing up in wealthy suburban America.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

From 2000-2003 I worked for a company that did sales team training materials for big pharmaceutical product launches. I was going through and cataloging the products to brag about when marketing to new clients. I clearly remember looking at the Purdue Pharma training materials for OcyContin.. Immediate though was "no way in hell this stuff isn't highly addictive".. "A heroin pill, how nice and safe".. Ya, it's unimaginable that nobody all along the way to that shit hitting the pharmacies and the streets didn't stop that dead in its tracks.. But, here we are..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Legalize everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    From 2000-2003 I worked for a company that did sales team training materials for big pharmaceutical product launches. I was going through and cataloging the products to brag about when marketing to new clients. I clearly remember looking at the Purdue Pharma training materials for OcyContin.. Immediate though was "no way in hell this stuff isn't highly addictive".. "A heroin pill, how nice and safe".. Ya, it's unimaginable that nobody all along the way to that shit hitting the pharmacies and the streets didn't stop that dead in its tracks.. But, here we are..
    Have you watched Dopesick yet? Michael Keaton is really good in it. The Sacklers come out of it even more evil than you thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Just found out I lost a old friend from the hometown and a time that exists mostly in legend and drunken tales every time the survivors of the same gather.

Typical story that makes you even madder when you hear it, just not sure who to be mad at. Car accident, bad injury, pills, stress on the family and marriage and then god knows what. As quickly as it started it’s all over. ALL OVER. All I know is two very young kids don’t have a dad anymore and that should be enough make anyone pause.

Good family, good town, good dad, good everything. Knew better, knew of cautionary tales, none of it apparently mattered.

Fuck this vile shit.
    Interesting thread bump. I actually ran into one of the old crew this friend was a part of recently. His wife is doing well raising their kids, but they miss their dad terribly every day.

Even if it wasn't an old friend, hearing that was a punch to the gut for this dad. What a terrible thing for kids to grow up without their father. Fuck this shit.

Have you watched Dopesick yet? Michael Keaton is really good in it. The Sacklers come out of it even more evil than you thought.
    The family that owned Timberline Four Seasons in West Virginia... dude was a physician allegedly slinging Oxy. prescriptions for cash So glad that skiers finally bought that place and revived it from being mostly dead..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

WTF is up with the heroin?

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    my homies in the ER tell me there’s a bad batch going around town
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inq...outputType=amp

Former NHL player Jimmy Hayes just died of what appears to be a bad batch of cocaine laced with fentanyl. Props to his family for coming forward with it.

The high school I went to in the Cape Ann area of Massachusetts had around 425 students when I graduated in ‘04 and I’ve lost count of how many people I went to high school with who died from fentanyl overdose.