Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    that's why i keep dragging my feet on stepping in the ban crap. He is entertaining. In a way. Maybe he'll get tired of repetition and go the self-ban route? doubting it....
    given most of the people I enjoyed here got bored and fucked off, I'll probably fuck off eventually. I can't handle the spontaniety, freethinking, and creativity everyone brings in a completely non-repetitious manner.

then it'll be 100% stoke here.

is mtgirl one of your alias' ?

Meh, Hugh has some valid points. Though on occasion it gets old. Much like his response to this. The PR hype and bro-brah talk gets annoying just like the bro-brah shit on the lift (ski or bike) is annoying. He definitely rubs some the wrong way, and then they get all butthurt. Like most of the BS on here I take Creaky and Hugh with a grain of salt. And like Creaky (just my impression off the interwebz and of whom I know little about) I get annoyed with the stupid yeah bro-brahness of being a brah and suggesting if you do not like what I like, well then you must suck... or if you like what I do not like, then you suck even more horse hockey.

In relation to dropper posts. I like them and use one on my yeti 575. On my 29er XC rig, I could benefit from it on occasion but do not care enough to buy one for it. Likewise for the old beater 26 HT that I ride most of the time. On the 575 I have an old GD Turbo I bought off of Marshal two season ago. It creaks a bit but works fine. It was originally 4" with no intermediate position. I drilled another hole about 1.5" down from topout/fully extended. I generally ride in that position unless I am pedalling up for long bits. My GF has an old GD that I bought in 2008. Other than the occasional greasing, it has worked flawless since purchase. One of the main reasons I have not jumped for something newer is that the cable moves as you adjust height on a fair number of them. And some have had some bad rep... CB.

It's cool. Bye.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    while I agree, I can't help snicker at the irony.
    You may be eating a Snickers, but you're not chuckling at irony. Unless you've redefined irony outside its dictionary meaning.

I think you even called me a ,wait for it....trustafarian, back then.
    It's a big club. Thank FSM you're a member.

I remember it being the ol boys club of that week. you, gravity lover, and flowtron. how could I suggest wide bars , slack angles and low bb w only X# posts? shit , flowtron even espoused the benefits of said set up(bars,slack,etc). couldn't help but bring that up. never was much for playing along no matter who the f it is. bs and poli aint ma ting BRO
    Wait, you took one of my serious remarks seriously? Clearly the blame falls on me for being a clubby guy then, since I'm a Groucho Marx on the club membership Q.

Of course the remark just made depends on me being serious, which I may not have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    I picture CJ as an obese 45 year old who is clinging on to his one-time trip skiing in Katmandu which seems to have made him the authority on mountain biking all of a sudden.
    Always a good idea to get in tight with the brobrahbrisboys by sinking to kindergarten humor.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Hugh, stfu. Fuck.
    Put down the gun, noose, razor blades and sleeping pills. Get your head out of the oven. Stop inhaling the tailpipe fumes.

apology accepted heh heh. FSM? free source of money. found stack of money. fkn sick money......bro

Hugh Conway Guest
    Hugh, stfu. Fuck.
    so stuckie, how many people from here have you met in real life? Building on the strengths of your good technical advice to transition into Junior Scout Leader? You know plenty of people are sick of your shit too, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    so stuckie, how many people from here have you met in real life? Building on the strengths of your good technical advice to transition into Junior Scout Leader? You know plenty of people are sick of your shit too, right?
    Oh come on Hugh. TGR is psychotherapeutic, it rehabilitates fragile egos making them into winning champions. Anyone not fitting the model has to STFU. Doctor Pretense has spoken!

Shut the fuck up and GET THE RED ONES.

See how easy it is to be brobrahbris. GET THE RED ONES. Plus a snarky bit of not-really-mockery in the Gaper Quote of the Week thread, to prove you're not a Gaper.

apology accepted heh heh. FSM? free source of money. found stack of money. fkn sick money......bro
    I doubt stuckie or woozie could do better at misunderstanding. At worst you're in 3d place in the Ego Sweepstakes. Kudos brobrahbris!

A good chunk of time back, TGR had funny that rivaled The Onion. In the meantime, The Onion has sunk uber-low thanks to hipster misunderstandings of irony and content which focuses on these pseudo-ironies. During that same time, TGR has become brobrahbris-land, home of the insecure, land of the lowest common denominator "humor", less funny than Will Ferrell's least funny part/gag/schtick. And Ferrell's not even funny to begin.

Now it's all sincere schmucks who are sincere about being taken for heroes, either long-standing, newly minted, or understudy-seeking-first-starring-role. Don't mock the brobrahbrisboys, they're seriously worship-worthy and whatever they say must be immunized against "haters."

kidding dude. now, what the f is FSM? had me checking my loto tix

If you want a rally, you have to return the half-volley. If you want to putt for birdie, you have to get on the green. If you want to try to win the race, you have to get to the starting line on time. Blah blah blah icksetteruh icksetteruh icksetteruh. Now STFU and GET THE RED ONES, grinch.

If you want to know the truth, I'm eager for the day when this forum takes up the Praxis, and the brobrahbrisboys are our scholars of Marxism who must be consulted for elucidation of the hidden truths lurking in the convoluted tailchasing wise-words of Karl, the very first brobrahbris himself. Then we won't have mockery, japery, parody or other forms of hatespeech designed only to push a bigoted ignorant agenda of STOOPID. There will be only the Doctrine, purveyed by means of the Praxis, facilitated by the Anointed (known to us peons as brobrahbris and/or the Forum Heroes).

I'm old and tired. race is done. fuck it. who cares what FSM is riddler

Quote Originally Posted by the Cock View Post
    Hugh goes, I go. Not that that means fuck all to Hugh or anyone.
    What about if Hugh stays you go. I mean like either way you pack up your bag of dicks and go.

seussy, please don't try searching for FSM anywhere, it's a hidden secret that only I can explain, and since stuckie and woozie and slipperydecline wish to see me blindfolded at 20 paces before 8 men with rifles, I'm not likely to be heard when offering the nugget o' truth behind what is FSM. Instead, I'll be feeding e-worms in an e-grave over which numerous maggots stand or squat and relieve themselves of bladder and colon content.

I know I shouldn't, but....

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    You may be eating a Snickers, but you're not chuckling at irony. Unless you've redefined irony outside its dictionary meaning.
    Irony: "the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really think especially in order to be funny" or "a situation that is strange or funny because things happen in a way that seems to be the opposite of what you expected" Source.

Why is chuckling at irony contrary to its dictionary meaning?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

post pad.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Oh great, here comes a 10th string 2d chair litigator to try to parse word meanings. huhuhuhuh so funny I quote southpark huhuhuhuh seriously I'm a real JD huhuhuhuh

For it to be ironic, what seussy quoted me saying, I'd have to not know what I was talking about while I was complaining of people not knowing what they're talking about.

Irony is not coincidence, it's not awkwardly semi-funny stuff, and it's not what Alanis Morrisette sang about. Maybe Alanis was being ironic while describing nonironic things and saying they're ironic, that's early hipster meta-comedy of the post-irony-irony sort, but it's not irony of the same old sort humans have practiced in literature for millennia. If I decide to start calling bike riding by the label cowtipping, that doesn't mean cowtipping now means bike riding. Go up to a rural farmboy who lives around beef or dairy cattle farms and see if farmboy breaks out the bike when you say you want to go cowtipping.

Danno, does your firm actually let you conduct depositions or cross-examine witnesses at trial? Pretending you're picking me apart like a rhetorical surgeon, while offering a pointless argument? That may be somewhat ironic!

Freeride sickter mode. that's it eh. FREERIDE!!

Maybe Alanis was being ironic while describing nonironic things and saying they're ironic
    Ha. I always hoped so.

Oh great, here comes a 10th string 2d chair litigator to try to parse word meanings. huhuhuhuh so funny I quote southpark huhuhuhuh seriously I'm a real JD huhuhuhuh

For it to be ironic, what seussy quoted me saying, I'd have to not know what I was talking about while I was complaining of people not knowing what they're talking about.

Irony is not coincidence, it's not awkwardly semi-funny stuff, and it's not what Alanis Morrisette sang about. Maybe Alanis was being ironic while describing nonironic things and saying they're ironic, that's early hipster meta-comedy of the post-irony-irony sort, but it's not irony of the same old sort humans have practiced in literature for millennia. If I decide to start calling bike riding by the label cowtipping, that doesn't mean cowtipping now means bike riding. Go up to a rural farmboy who lives around beef or dairy cattle farms and see if farmboy breaks out the bike when you say you want to go cowtipping.

Danno, does your firm actually let you conduct depositions or cross-examine witnesses at trial? Pretending you're picking me apart like a rhetorical surgeon, while offering a pointless argument? That may be somewhat ironic!
    I was just curious, I wasn't attacking you or attempting to pick you apart, but feel free to go at me some more if it makes you feel good, I really don't care.

In truth, I misunderstood your point, and personal attacks aside, you have clarified here; I thought you were saying that irony wasn't humorous per the dictionary definition which seemed an odd thing to me, but now I understand that you were actually saying that what he may have been laughing at was not, in fact, irony. I make no judgments as to whether the thing in question (I can't keep track of what the fuck all of you are arguing about, there's like 8 levels of meta here) was ironic or not.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Fine, I'll take the bait.
    I've rode with mags, hosted mags in a spare room, and rented from mags. How many have met? Idfk,is this that jr high "how many friends do you have?" game?
    I speak full well knowing some people are sick of my shit, so I toned it down. You otoh, rog, and creaky have seemingly increased your personal attacks and contrarian for the sake of being contrarian attitudes that no one else really thinks is funny. Go ahead and self-deport like you keep threatening. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I was just curious, I wasn't attacking you or attempting to pick you apart, but feel free to go at me some more if it makes you feel good, I really don't care.

In truth, I misunderstood your point, and personal attacks aside, you have clarified here; I thought you were saying that irony wasn't humorous per the dictionary definition which seemed an odd thing to me, but now I understand that you were actually saying that what he may have been laughing at was not, in fact, irony. I make no judgments as to whether the thing in question (I can't keep track of what the fuck all of you are arguing about, there's like 8 levels of meta here) was ironic or not.
    We just may let you depose that bystander in the redlight/greenlight case now. Well done!

stuckie, old turd, you aren't making The Funny and you misread things to gratify yourself (hey Danno!) and protect that eggshell ego of yours. You tell everyone GET THE RED ONES and you win in the Gaper Quote of the Week thread, impressing other insecure poseurs who want to be in The Club of Disdain of Gapers. You do this while complaining of what rog, Hugh and I may say in jest to mock your and others' hubristic rookie "wisdom" shared as expertise.

Moving on... you hosted a Maggot once? Golly! If I recall correctly, in meatspace I silently nodded in approval when you said your FD didn't work due to problems inexplicable -- when it had no problem at all -- and I set up your bike, and I sold you a seatpost for a sixer and offered to take it back for a sixer in return. Is there some irony at play here that you didn't intend? Can you successfully take comments here as dire seriousness, pretending at offense of a kind that sends you to the padded room if not the autocide grave?

This is what happens when your sense of "irony" comes directly from woozie or The Onion or Will Ferrell, Stephen Colbert, Bill Maher or Keith Olbermann. Or that Alanis song.

Have you ever visited this website? Maybe you should, and spend some time reading back at least 5 years. You don't need to go back to the start unless your urgent need is to know which psychopharmaceutical is overprescribed if not wrongly prescribed, but the most recent 5 years will certainly help with the online/meatspace duality. Be sure to pay close attention to whether the author is a seriously qualified MD in psychiatry, and/or whether the provocations are "hate".
    Last edited by creaky fossil; 08-04-2014 at 03:28 PM.

To the OP...

I have a love/hate relationship with my dropper post.
    I love when they work.
    I hate when they fail. Failing means, having to go through the BS of rebuilding, or sending back to the mfg.
    I don't notice the weight gain, but I do notice the missing function they provide when it breaks and gets (temporarily) replaced with a plain ole seat post.

Hey Mofro, time to get out on a bike.
    I have access to demo's, just sayin.

oh now I remember something about FSM. not sure if because I was right out of it or because I am right out of it but I can't remember exactly what it was/is
    FWIW- you should give Stucky credit from your non conformist rule book. He was a dissenting voice and posted something like "give the guy a break. he made a comment and is prob wacked on pain meds"(not verbatim). Denying you weren't in that pack mentality and jumping on a noob with your criticism of my preferred bike set up is simply untrue. hence the "irony", since you like to rail on against conformists and the bro brah pack mentality. water under the bridge but a couple examples o irony there
    I should pt out , you've had more than a few positive reviews of your e persona as well although some would take the opportunity to deficate? on it. fight the power. i'll save my positive review until I learn/remember wtf FSM is

drifting back- my gravity dropper turbo has worked great for over a yr. tried the reverb once and I'd like to have that infinite adjust. its just way quicker to lower slightly rather than search for that one inch lower setting. if I get a reverb or lev I'd definitely keep the gd for back up. idon't think I could go back to not having one now.

FWIW- you should give Stucky credit from your non conformist rule book. He was a dissenting voice and posted something like "give the guy a break. he made a comment and is prob wacked on pain meds"(not verbatim). Denying you weren't in that pack mentality and jumping on a noob with your criticism of my preferred bike set up is simply untrue. hence the "irony", since you like to rail on against conformists and the bro brah pack mentality. water under the bridge but a couple examples o irony there
    what? your bot is on the Maytag, Fritz. trying to be brobrahbris with GET THE RED ONES is nonconformist? trying to be brobrahbris with a "putdown" of a "Gaper" in the Gaper Quote of the Week thread is nonconformist? I think your bot has a busted crampton flange.

we all have our moments. gaper quote thread shows the real gaper. just soothing my fragile ego w the "irony" esplain. all good. all entertainment. killin time. carry on