Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    Quesadillas? I've had well over 10,000 in my life.
    HAHAHA! How the fuck did I miss that? I couldn't make the translation, too much time at authentic mexi joints I guess. I was seeing and reading the bugs, cicada's. They are by the way good eating I have to add.

Don't buy rice at the honky mart. I got a 15lb bag of Basmati and the Indian grocer for what a fancy, small, box of basmati costs at the grocery store. Probably same deal on other types of rice at other ethnic grocers. Put it into a seal-able plastic container and it lasts forever. Very versatile in any number of cheap ass, nutritious meals. See, even a high total day, low quality day count east coast desk jockey can figure this shit out.

That video was fucking dumb, it was an attempt to pander/exploit to a certain lifestyle, their accents sound stupid (WTF was that?) and it was spam from a one post JONG. Why hasn't anyone told this beater to get lost?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post
    I found me a woman who does everything for me. In fact shes in the kitchen right now cooking up something bomb. All I gotta do is the skiing.
    Finally a ray of hope in Skibumdom

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Who? Manti Teo's Ex?
    No new car smell there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alexandra-del-pilar-manti-teo-girlfriend-pics.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	147993

the calories should be figured for dry stuff!!! total is over 300k which is about 850 cal per day. throw in beer and a 1 a day and betty crock is happy!!!! the main point being that the cost of the basic diet is only about $100!!!!! my annual income is about $2000 - half of which goes to a pass!!! today was my 50th day this season - only 3 days off since mid november!!! you can trade your life for paper used to purchase back your life or go direct and skip the paper chase!!!

Enjoy your eating disorder!!!!!!!!
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Ski bummed for many years on Burritos, Dahl, and Chilli. With a dozen room-mates, home-brewed beer, and rationing the weed (buckets only), we were living like kings on next to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by snowswine View Post
    My roomates clean giant super high end vacation rentals, we eat the finest food and wash it down with craft beer/top shelf booze. At 1000 plus a night you don't buy the shitty bacon. I haven't bought groceries in months. As a matter of fact I got a ham cooking off as we speak. Thank you Texas!

Edit-Not just any old ham either, but a special order ham from New Braunfels smokehouse in Texas. There was also a cryo of smoked turkey that was fucking delicious!

^^^
    One of my girlfriends worked for Prince Bandar. It was a mostly middle eastern fair, but we ate like future kings.

I discovered over 30 years ago that the secret to ski bumming is a good relationship with the condo maids. Between days left on multi-day lift tickets and leftover food and beer it is the cheapest way to go. Plus they have great access to short term bedroom use. These days it often requires the ability to speak some Spanish.
    Last edited by Mudfoot; 01-07-2014 at 11:01 AM.
    Gravity Junkie

I miss the days when they were all Swedes.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Hey everyone, we are ski bums. You know, the bums that can afford $1000+ worth of ski equipment, video recording devices, computers to edit said video, craft beer. Did I mention my outerwear costs more than my ski equipment? But we are totally hardcore because we eat processed crap food because we spent all our money on other shit. How core and bummy are we?
    Trusties can pretend at ski bumming for 2-3 years until Daddy gives them that investment banking or currency trading job. Part of slumming is eating that shitty food your Mommy would never serve to you.

"Hi, I'm a core-as-fuck ski bum with a Sprinter van that has a $5k sound system and other inside furnishings that are nicer than 90% of Americans have in their house/apartment. You know I'm core because I'm posting on TGR."

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    Trusties can pretend at ski bumming for 2-3 years until Daddy gives them that investment banking or currency trading job. Part of slumming is eating that shitty food your Mommy would never serve to you.

"Hi, I'm a core-as-fuck ski bum with a Sprinter van that has a $5k sound system and other inside furnishings that are nicer than 90% of Americans have in their house/apartment. You know I'm core because I'm posting on TGR."
    This is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post

Lol, this is pretty damn accurate....

deez niggas be cooking in the bathroom ... on the floor

thats beyond dirtbagging... its pathetic

u guys are fags
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

is that poser wearing some arctryx soft shell! WTF

this is fkn stupid, you ugly white motherfuckers

real bums wear spyder
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    ^^^
    One of my girlfriends worked for Prince Bandar. It was a mostly middle eastern fair, but we ate like future kings.

Yes, nothing like the taste of free!

this thread needed a bump. That video was so lame but some real ski bums saved it. I hope the kids are still out there, eeking out enough to ski every day. I have a buddy doing it at Okemo right now. Makes money on the weekends and rides all week. He says he's either in his onesie jammies, his ski garb or his work outfit. Living large doesn't have to cost much. My go to in the ski bum days out west was 2 phatty burritos with rice beans eggs and cheese. instant oatmeal for breakfast. Beer for dinner. I hope there's still plenny ski bums out there, livin the dream
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

FWIW... The OP is now a sponsored, sprinter (ford)-driving Dutch "freeskier" living in the Alps getting free schwag from his sponsors and still pushing the social media front.

Ski bums still exist, they're just more hidden in the cracks. In reality, the concept of the traditional ski bum (in most resort towns) has been replaced by southern hemisphere J-1's trying to last their winter in North America and hopefully take some cash home.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    this thread needed a bump. That video was so lame but some real ski bums saved it. I hope the kids are still out there, eeking out enough to ski every day. I have a buddy doing it at Okemo right now. Makes money on the weekends and rides all week. He says he's either in his onesie jammies, his ski garb or his work outfit. Living large doesn't have to cost much. My go to in the ski bum days out west was 2 phatty burritos with rice beans eggs and cheese. instant oatmeal for breakfast. Beer for dinner. I hope there's still plenny ski bums out there, livin the dream
    So sad your buddy is starving himself for a life at Okemo.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Giggle.

Seriously, having connections in the lodging dept. is the way to go. My friend worked for our parent company, and got food, booze, even skis that got left in the rentals after the folks fly back home.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Some friends just left one of my places today and I sniped the maids.
    Those bastards drink a lot better wine than I do.
    Feasted on the best and made soup of the rest.
    Won’t have any complaints from the bums at lunch tomorrow.
    Once a skibum, always a skibum.

that's what I told him when he said he was going to VT for the winter. He doesn't drive, which I find strange especially since he's also a drummer and has to haul his gear to gigs, getting rides from friends or bandmates. . I said Vail is perfect for someone with no car. Some of us dream bigger than others. Good guy, tho...funny as hell
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Ludlow is an actual town, bunny. It’s not Stowe. People are real. It’s blue collar as fuck. Some folks like real shit, and not pretentious beaters, who have trouble getting on a lift.
    Go on now
    crab in my shoe mouth

Oh. Yeah. Sorry. You're bumming at Okemo too. Sad.

That's like marrying the fat chick that gave you a really good blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Ludlow is an actual town, bunny. It’s not Stowe. People are real. It’s blue collar as fuck. Some folks like real shit, and not pretentious beaters, who have trouble getting on a lift.
    Go on now
    I assumed he was talking about the terrain rather than the town.

Can't really defend that.. unless you're a park rat, why choose to spend a season at Okemo??