Page 684 of 729 FirstFirst ... 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 ... LastLast
Results 17,076 to 17,100 of 18218
    I’ve still been grabbing FAANG (the ones I like) stocks when they go down a dollar. Got 4 AAPL shares at $126 the last two days. AMZN and GOOGL have been steady, none of my stealing them orders have filled.

Got four puts out there, an EPD Jan 20 $22 strike that I sold for $14.34, I could buy that back and make $11.30 but I want all of that $14.34 or the shares. I’ve got an F Jan 6 $10 strike that I sold for $3.34, gonna keep all of that cash. Have an ARCC Jan 20 $18 strike that I sold for $29.34, another one of those where I’m up $16.34 currently but I’d rather have the shares at that cost or all of the premium. I’m underwater on an ET Jan 20 $12.50 strike that I sold for $84.34, once again I was going to buy more shares of ET already, happy to have them or the premium.

I’m kinda digging having cash to just play these stupid small options. None of them are large, but it seems it’ll all tally up in the end. I’m sure at any time I could lose it all, but, probably not. I keep telling myself I should juggle more and see what happens but the other side of myself says chill and see what happens, heh.

BBBY is on the brink. If it goes under, is it the first pandemic meme stock to do so?

The bond mkt remains insane and I personally don't know how 10-year yields don't get and linger above 4% given the jobs data and the Fed's resolve?

I regret not jumping on BABA and TCEHY when they were in the gutter (well, it's probably not too late). Those drops seemed out of touch with reality.

BABA and Tencent are totally at the whim of Xi. Nothing about Chinese tech stocks is tied to earnings, future earnings or performance. There are no fundamentals, not that fundamentals mean anything these days.

I wouldn't touch them.

What the duck is going to happen to amzn, google, and Tesla if the broader mkt sells off?

$50 ish for them all?

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    What the duck is going to happen to amzn, google, and Tesla if the broader mkt sells off?

$50 ish for them all?
    Of those three only TSLA has not tested pre pandemic price.

Gold can make a big move higher if rates and dollar continue to move lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    BABA and Tencent are totally at the whim of Xi.
    Very true. Given his reversal on the Covid policy, however, maybe he's moderate whimsical, or at least not on the far end of the rational-whimsical spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Very true. Given his reversal on the Covid policy, however, maybe he's moderate whimsical, or at least not on the far end of the rational-whimsical spectrum.
    Nah, the big problem with Chinese companies is that they can only get so big before they get the smack down and the rules could change overnight.
    Not to mention the cyber security risks of the cloud business of baba and potential video game bans on Tencent.
    They're both solid companies, but the regulatory environment they live in is more apt to hang them out to dry than a western one.

Is the stock market going to tank?

The Marissa Meyer method of force reduction at DIS. It won’t be the last. Four is the new five:

“Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger tells employees they must return to the office four days per week”

Still holding my EPD put and ARCC put, looks like I’ll get all the cash. My F put expired and I kept the $3.34, bought back the ET put making $13.34.

Have an order to sell a Jan 27, F put with a strike of $12 for $.17. EV seems to be ticking upwards, hoping it keeps going and I keep the premium. Or, I end up with 100 shares at $11.83, which I’m fine with. 4.7% yield with some growth possibilities sounds good to me.

I’m up pretty well since Christmas…. Thursday should be interesting, the CPI number should determine whether we have a bump or decline. I kinda think the Fed will be a bit hawkish and we still get a .50 bump, they’ve already showed that inflation control is the main jam.

We’ll see, finger crossed for a .25 basis and I can get away from being underwater on growth.

Still leaning 50bps but who knows now. Bottom is going to fall out of CPI, the buoy this morning was OER. Which takes into account all tenants. Zillow reporting big drop in new rental prices, so that will work through.

Food prices gas prices both down on headline. Shits going to get real this year.
    Decisions Decisions

Real as in Good or Bad?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Bad. But hey, it's fun to watch trainwrecks!

Yeah, no, no trainwrecks please. I really can't handle another bad hit.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Bad. But hey, it's fun to watch trainwrecks!
    BTC its whats for trainwrecks?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I'm up 80 grand in btc bruh.

You ever figure out that laptop from 1987? ( Hint: it's dated)

Gamblers who brag their winnings are assholes bruh.......

You ever figure out that laptop from 1987? ( Hint: it's dated)
    Huh?

Ppl that talk shit on ski forums about their employer get fired bruh

I'm not bragging at all. You started it.

I'm up 80 grand in btc bruh.
    I'm not bragging at all. You started it.
    You hit me first.............................. Mom!

Let's get back to the stock market not making.new ath's for the next decade.

There is no more middle class. Covid doubled ppls net worth who owns assets, and increase d rent, food etc on ppl who don't own assets. Almost overnight.

Billion used to be an astounding number to casually throw around. Now we are casually using trillions.

We are still the issuer of the best piece of paper on the planet, and the rest of the world compared to us looks like absolute shit.

Shit is kind of fucked though. I don't really care. The end.

Sounds great as long as we can address one thing.

The Stock Market and Crypto are not the economy and the hollowing out of the American working class didn't happen overnight.

Cya later.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Let's get back to the stock market not making.new ath's for the next decade.

There is no more middle class. Covid doubled ppls net worth who owns assets, and increase d rent, food etc on ppl who don't own assets. Almost overnight.

Billion used to be an astounding number to casually throw around. Now we are casually using trillions.

We are still the issuer of the best piece of paper on the planet, and the rest of the world compared to us looks like absolute shit.

Shit is kind of fucked though. I don't really care. The end.
    I care.

We are living in the new gilded age.

Neither party is coming to our rescue.

I see things getting worse before they (hopefully) get better.

I hope you are wrong, I fear you are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    I care.

We are living in the new gilded age.

Neither party is coming to our rescue.

I see things getting worse before they (hopefully) get better.
    Will try not to go polyass here, but just state some facts:

During Covid the child tax credit was expanded and it reduced child poverty by something like 50%. Two D’s plus all R’s kept it from being extended.

First bill voted on by the new R house was to cut funding for IRS, which actually increases the deficit because it’s allows wealthy tax cheats to avoid being caught.

Pick which you like. But the parties are not the same.

I think wealth inequality is a major issue. Should be noted that it’s been decreasing for the past decade or so.

Is the stock market going to tank?

If you want doom and gloom, then some movement in the UNRATE is required.

It’s hard to have a prolonged recession with 3.5% unemployment.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    If you want doom and gloom, then some movement in the UNRATE is required.

It’s hard to have a prolonged recession with 3.5% unemployment.
    This is the issue:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2200F8B9-56BE-4385-9FC7-B1D484FF45D7.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	436.3 KB 
ID:	442373

https://twitter.com/Neil_Irwin/status/1613529275298189312?s=20&t=vD6RDTVMtBN8_Ycm4Xuj_w

Inflation cooled in the second half of 2022, and it did it all on its own. The lag between Fed rate hikes and when the actual hit the economy is something like a year, so all those hikes they been doing are yet to have an effect, so when they finally hit they’re going to shut growth down. And the Fed is still talking about doing more hikes….