Powder Mag...insult to injury

The injury: No more Powder to read.

The insult: they notified me that they will send me "Mens Journal" in it's place. "Skinny Jeans and fancy hair" oh my !

They did not make the same offer to me.
    Perhaps they know something about you that you don't know about you.

Postcard with the offer incoming!

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but, Men's Journal. Jann Wenner at leisure.

I got that post card yesterday but haven't even looked at it yet. Men's Journal? ...great.....

Nothing wrong with it when it looks like this ... Jann & Mick at leisure:

Attachment 348619

Looking forward to picking up some manscaping techniques without feeling like a homo.

posted this earlier in the powder mag is dead thread.

but I got the double bonus that the remainder of my Bike mag subscription is also being fulfilled with men’s journal.
    I would have thought there would be a lot of cross over between those 2 subscriptions so they might have mixed it up
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    posted this earlier in the powder mag is dead thread.

but I got the double bonus that the remainder of my Bike mag subscription is also being fulfilled with men’s journal.
    I would have thought there would be a lot of cross over between those 2 subscriptions so they might have mixed it up
    I think there will be at least one "bike" and one "ski" article each this year...everything else we pick (tips etc. ) up is all a bonus !

Just got email spam

Best new beard trimmer 2020
    From men’s journal

I blame powdermag
    . . .

I am reading this stuff about Powder and notice that I recently started seeing Posts on FB from Powder Magazine?

Are they really gone? Or just not in Print.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Yeah same, they are posting all over IG. Print is defunct but social is still a thing for them? Weird. Looking forward to getting the last photo annual in the mailbox soon.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    stay outta my line

Stopped by my mom’s this afternoon bc she needed help moving and setting up a new freezer into the house.
    She was asking about us starting to ski next week and I mentioned that powder magazine had closed and she (60 something yo woman that often uses a walker) says “Nooo -That was such a part of skiing history!
    “Your father and I would be totally broke but we’d see a new powder magazine when we were at the grocery store and then we’d say, put the ketchup and mustard back”
    Guess I know where my love of skiing comes from
    skid luxury

Stopped by my mom’s this afternoon bc she needed help moving and setting up a new freezer into the house.
    She was asking about us starting to ski next week and I mentioned that powder magazine had closed and she (60 something yo woman that often uses a walker) says “Nooo -That was such a part of skiing history!
    “Your father and I would be totally broke but we’d see a new powder magazine when we were at the grocery store and then we’d say, put the ketchup and mustard back”
    That is awesome.
    However my wife and I would just go sell plasma for those little extras.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Hey I'm 70 and used to be a big fan. Maybe that's why it went belly up--appealing to the wrong demographic.

I really dont mind mens journal some great interviews and articles. i just cant get over the marketing for 10k watches and jeans/tee shirts that cost hundreds of dollars.

Called for my refund yesterday....14.00 dollars baby!....gotta call my hooker and get some blow!

Save your money and you can probably buy a restaurant in 6 months or so.

Not that I actually subscribe, but I like Men’s Journal. It’s just not even close to being a replacement for Powder. I’m sure their editor is happy.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Save your money and you can probably buy a restaurant in 6 months or so.
    Oof
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Got my $6.66 refund today. it was more of making a statement than about the $$$. Surprised it was so fast

Good riddance to this f#ckin@ Fonzi rag. Sierra ran it into the ground, you all know it, even if you won’t admit it. The last few years I dutifully let them charge my CC, but the content had went to $hit. Climate change this, diversity that, rainbow week rulz, yada yada yada. Enuf! Don’t put politics into my POW! I’d rather follow Grant and Adam’s insta’s to absorb the stoke that I crave. Don’t need the preachy political point of view. But if that’s your jam, enjoy the abyss.

A friend of mine wrote this article for our local paper regarding Powder's demise. Decent read.

This sentiment probably strikes home with a lot here:

"As a long-haired kid in high school, I always looked forward to that first issue of POWDER showing up in my mailbox in late August. To me, that was the first sign ski season was close. I look back at the magazine as almost a school book, as for one solid month I would study that magazine cover to cover, dissecting every image, reading all the equipment reviews and memorizing the names of the skiers and their distinct styles."

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...2SBXXW-4X2U5k8

Quote Originally Posted by Rednaked View Post
    Good riddance to this f#ckin@ Fonzi rag. Sierra ran it into the ground, you all know it, even if you won’t admit it. The last few years I dutifully let them charge my CC, but the content had went to $hit. Climate change this, diversity that, rainbow week rulz, yada yada yada. Enuf! Don’t put politics into my POW! I’d rather follow Grant and Adam’s insta’s to absorb the stoke that I crave. Don’t need the preachy political point of view. But if that’s your jam, enjoy the abyss.

Chill brah, is climate change your trigger word? The sooner you accept that its real, the sooner you'll be less of an angry dick

Since they get a lot of magazines at the library I asked the librarian about magazines going under, she said some of them are going to quarterly publication
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know