Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHink View Post
    Are people skiing/riding these as is or are you putting sno seal on them before taking them out?
    You have to sno seal them first, or they won't work.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Just arrived...

Super happy with the fit & finish of the Season Pass glove right out of the box!

Buy Free The Powder
    Gawd those look awful.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

about to order a new pair, is there a mag discount code?

I had my pair sitting between my thigh and car door, stopped to ask a lady if she wanted a tow out of a ditch and they must have fallen out. fuck

My FTP gauntlet s are kicking ass on this bitter cold weather.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post

I had my pair sitting between my thigh and car door, stopped to ask a lady if she wanted a tow out of a ditch and they must have fallen out. fuck
    what did you have? I have a pair of L original short cuffs I could pass on.

And I have mediums to pass on

Free the Powder Gloves?

Will come back and give proper props and review but after 4 days, i'm really digging my FTP spring gloves. Time will tell but as someone who has yet to have a pair of hestras make it longer than 2.5 seasons (with multiple pairs in rotation too) these seem to have >90% of the dexterity and >2x the durability.

Size L fits perfect. Im a very snug 9, sometimes 10 in Hestra fwiw.

I know this is their "Spring" glove but we rarely get real cold out here in PNWet and i run warm, hands included so these are plenty warm for vast majority of days for me and certainly warmer than the Hestra Ski Cross they are replacing.
    @ $45/pair without any sort of a discount these are a Helluva deal.

FTP FTMFW!

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    Will come back and give proper props and review but after 4 days, i'm really digging my FTP spring gloves. Time will tell but as someone who has yet to have a pair of hestras make it longer than 2.5 seasons (with multiple pairs in rotation too) these seem to have >90% of the dexterity and >2x the durability.

Size L fits perfect. Im a very snug 9, sometimes 10 in Hestra fwiw.

I know this is their "Spring" glove but we rarely get real cold out here in PNWet and i run warm, hands included so these are plenty warm for vast majority of days for me and certainly warmer than the Hestra Ski Cross they are replacing.
    @ $45/pair without any sort of a discount these are a Helluva deal.

FTP FTMFW!

So stoked... My FTP mitts with removable liners have been my all time favorite to date and had to get a pair of their spring gloves... The quality is the same, but the overall fit and finish has def improved over the years...

Even at full retail I don't know of anyone providing such a great glove for the price... And their customer service and shipping is second to none... Now I am hoping they make a short cuff lobster mitt... I loved my Hestra Seth lobster mitts, but did not regulate heat as well due to the all leather...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post

when you fill out the form during check out, just say that you heard about them on TGR in the appropriate field. They automatically gave me a small discount.
    27° 18°

Bummer, I just ordered four pair. Still a great price even without a mag hook up.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Loving the FTP Spring Glove, just the right amount of insulation for those warmer days.

I also have the FTP Long Cuff Glove (non removable liner) for colder days.

Perfect glove combination for a great price!
    Smoke'em If You Got'em

I haven't used my spring glove yet, but it seems like a good one. The mtn bike glove was very good in the right temp. It was a little too hot above 75 or so for me compared to a thinner more breathable synthetic in the EC sweat box.

It will be interesting to see where FTP goes from here. I think pigskin is a better material for dexterity, breathability and handles moisture better. I believe it is cheaper as well. And of course...bacon.

These are super awesome, I could not be more stoked on the mitts and gloves. Ordered both in a short cuff as that is more my style.

Quality seems great and I am actually a huge fan of the insulated short cuff. They keep my hands warm like nothing else I have worn.

Note on sizing:
    I wear a 9 in hestras, but always feel a bit short length wise in the mitts.
    Ordered both mitts and gloves in both a L and M to try and ended up keeping the mitts in a L due to more length and the M in the gloves for great snug fit and dexterity.

Free the powder!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	799.0 KB 
ID:	221113

as far as durability,i have close to 150 long days on my FTP gloves, they are still going strong,they still keep my hands toasty till around o degrees.i rarely use my FTP mittens,but this last cold spill in the NE had temps as low as -30 degrees and my mittens keep my hands toasty for hours at a time.

What are people doing to treat the leather? SnoSeal, FTP cream, Hestra cream, mink oil, nothing???

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Free the Powder Gloves?

I do snoseal

(Don’t do mink oil)

The FTP cream works pretty well for a simple/no heat solution, but I don't use my FTP's on warm enough days to see much water so take that FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    What are people doing to treat the leather? SnoSeal, FTP cream, Hestra cream, mink oil, nothing???
    I snow seal the leather. I'm sure FTP cream is better but I've got snoseal, it works, and it's cheap.

Been really digging my new gloves with removable liners. Way better at drying out quick which is tre-important when sleeping in a van all weekend skiing soft stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The FTP cream works pretty well for a simple/no heat solution, but I don't use my FTP's on warm enough days to see much water so take that FWIW.
    I've been using the FTP cream too with good results, even in the wet pnw.

I'm a long time snoseal fan, especially with boots, but there are better options for gloves now.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    So stoked... My FTP mitts with removable liners have been my all time favorite to date and had to get a pair of their spring gloves... The quality is the same, but the overall fit and finish has def improved over the years...

Even at full retail I don't know of anyone providing such a great glove for the price... And their customer service and shipping is second to none... Now I am hoping they make a short cuff lobster mitt... I loved my Hestra Seth lobster mitts, but did not regulate heat as well due to the all leather...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Do the FTP mitts have the individual fingers inside?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Do the FTP mitts have the individual fingers inside?
    Do, they do not... Before getting turned onto FTP I wore Swany mitts with the individual fingers inside that I liked, but they did not keep my hands as warm as the FTP... My hands breath better in the FTP and I never owned a mitt with the removable liner and can say I never will own a mitt that does not have a removable liner again... The past couple of weeks I have been skiing in temps ranging anywhere from 5 degrees to -10 degrees and my mitts always kept my hands warm... When I would go in for a break I would take the liners out and put them near a heater an in about 10 min they were toast warm...

I am a huge fan of the lobster style of glove, but only like small cuffs... I did buy a pair of FTPs that were over the cuff and for me it was way to bulky... If they produce a short cuff lobster you can bet I will be one of the first to order... If you don't mind over the cuff this may be the way to go as it will def give you more dexterity...

Still rocking the first editons and they are solid. Re-snoseal them every year and they are dry and good down to 0F, although you could take them a little lower.

OG mitts getting warmed up for a powder day.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    OG mitts getting warmed up for a powder day.

What's that vehicle setup you got going there?

I also have a pair of Hestra Lobsters and FTP Glove...the FTP are miles warmer for me. Gonna get a the mitten version soon for my freezing hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Do, they do not... Before getting turned onto FTP I wore Swany mitts with the individual fingers inside that I liked, but they did not keep my hands as warm as the FTP... My hands breath better in the FTP and I never owned a mitt with the removable liner and can say I never will own a mitt that does not have a removable liner again... The past couple of weeks I have been skiing in temps ranging anywhere from 5 degrees to -10 degrees and my mitts always kept my hands warm... When I would go in for a break I would take the liners out and put them near a heater an in about 10 min they were toast warm...

I am a huge fan of the lobster style of glove, but only like small cuffs... I did buy a pair of FTPs that were over the cuff and for me it was way to bulky... If they produce a short cuff lobster you can bet I will be one of the first to order... If you don't mind over the cuff this may be the way to go as it will def give you more dexterity...

Thanks for the heads up. I usually opt for the individual fingers just for the sweat factor alone. I normally use the Kinco Axeman gloves all day at work and on cold days skiing and I love them. Lobsters seem nice for doing shit without taking them off but I really worry that finger will get cold out there all by itself and defeat the purpose.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community