Page 1424 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 ... LastLast
Results 35,576 to 35,600 of 41810
    TWiV shooting down the lab leak theory again. This time interviewing a virologist who wrote a paper about it. In case the last 90 minute podcast wasn't enough, here's 90 more Get yer codons and furins and settle in for a yapfest.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxwrDSYrhjU

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    TWiV shooting down the lab leak theory again. This time interviewing a virologist who wrote a paper about it. In case the last 90 minute podcast wasn't enough, here's 90 more Get yer codons and furins and settle in for a yapfest.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxwrDSYrhjU
    You posted this two pages ago?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    You posted this two pages ago?
    Naw, they made a second recent episode. Same topic, different guests. Same opinion. Maybe it's a dead horse, but they kicked it anyway. With the WSJ and other "reputable" sources trying to ride that horse, maybe it needs more kicks.

Naw, they made a second recent episode. Same topic, different guests. Same opinion. Maybe it's a dead horse, but they kicked it anyway. With the WSJ and other "reputable" sources trying to ride that horse, maybe it needs more kicks.
    the wsj oped is way more interested in riding the horse than the reporters are; “debunking” at this point just feeds the narrative Of the hacks pushing the theory.

The nice thing about kicking dead horses is, they can't kick back.

Yabbut ....... maggots and pus all over yer shoes and pants.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Yabbut ....... maggots and pus all over yer shoes and pants.
    Kicking horses, not deebased.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    To a degree I agree with the above. Society will change from this. As more work from home, fewer with socialize well, and the empathy for those left behind will dwindle. We are likey moving into an increase disparity world where the wealthy and elite work from home creating e gadgets and distractions while those left behind continue to go out to perform laborious duties to feed, house, clean a d otherwise support the developers. We are fucked.
    As a friend once said to me: "There are two types of people, those who are batteries, and those who require batteries."
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Kicking horses, not deebased.
    Nah; if it were DB, then you'd have to worry about Kuru/prions.
    But I see your point.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/01/healt...act/index.html

Mask up biatches and stay the fuck back.

But it's not going to happen. America cares more about ideas than reality.

"Ideas"???

Feelings?
    Irrational fears??
    Dumb fucking neuronal mis-fires???

Is "neuronal" a word?

edit: Yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/01/healt...act/index.html

Mask up biatches and stay the fuck back.
    The "study" is mathematical modeling based on assumptions. They may be right, they may be wrong.
    I wonder how much actual behavior changes as government mandates and guidelines change. Meanwhile cases still going down in US in every state but 2 (and VI) and world wide. Of the states, some have had no restrictions for a long time, some have recently relaxed, some still have restrictions.

An update on breakthrough infections as of April 30.
    "COVID-19 and Vaccine Update: Breakthrough Infections after Vaccination
    by Kenneth W. Sharp, MD, FACS, ACS Regent

The vaccination campaign for prevention of COVID-19 is going smoothly, even if not as rapidly as many health care professionals would desire. As of April 30, 2021, approximately 101 million persons in the U.S. have received full vaccination against COVID-19. Read the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has reported a total of 10,262 SARS-CoV-2 breakthrough infections as of the same date—a very small fraction of those vaccinated (though this certainly is an underestimate of the true number, as asymptomatic cases are not likely to be captured accurately). The patients reported were a median age 58 and 63 percent female. Many infections were asymptomatic and 10 percent (995) were hospitalized. A total of 160 (2 percent) died—median age 82 and 28 (18 percent) of those who died were asymptomatic or died from causes unrelated to COVID-19. There were 555 cases for which genetic sequencing data were available and 356 (64 percent) of those were reported to be variants of concern. These included B.1.1.7 (56 percent, the “U.K.” variant), B.1.429 (25 percent, the “California” variant), B.1.427 (8 percent, the other “California” variant), P.1 (8 percent, the “Brazilian” variant) and B.1.351 (4 percent, the “South Africa” variant). These variants account for approximately 70 percent of COVID-19 cases occurring in the period March 29–April 10 in the U.S., so these are not variants with an unusually high prevalence for breakthrough infections after vaccination.

The CDC began reporting only COVID-19 cases resulting in hospitalization or death on May 1, 2021. These are the cases of highest importance for public health, as asymptomatic cases are not accurately captured and have less clinical significance. The CDC will continue to collect reports of all breakthrough COVID-19 cases to continually monitor vaccine effectiveness.

Current FDA authorized vaccines (under the Emergency Use Authorization) are recommended for all persons 12 years old or older. Fellows of the ACS and their patients should be reassured that the currently available COVID-19 vaccines are effective and safe. "
    https://www.facs.org/publications/bu...ical#top_covid

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2021/05/...k-Wuhan-Story/

an artical on why the Lab Leak in Wuhan doesnt hold up
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    An update on breakthrough infections as of April 30.
    "COVID-19 and Vaccine Update: Breakthrough Infections after Vaccination
    King County also continues to release data on breakthroughs.
    https://imgur.com/U8LlkhX
    9% hospitalized, 1.7% died.

My notes: After vax starts 2 weeks after last shot.
    Once positive, outcomes are similar for vaxxed or non-vaxxed. Death rate remains slightly higher for the vaxxed, but this is likely overhang from the early bias to vax old people.
    The hospitalization rates and death rates for the positive vaxxed are holding steady despite a relatively even age distribution.

I conclude that vax keeps you from testing positive, but doesn't clearly show protection once positive. *Many possible biases in the data.

On a related note. While a majority of King County residents are vaccinated, 97% of cases are among the unvaxxed. Being among the vaxxed confers astounding protection against testing positive for Covid. Get your shot, eh?
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

King County also continues to release data on breakthroughs.
    https://imgur.com/U8LlkhX
    9% hospitalized, 1.7% died.

Once positive, outcomes are similar for vaxxed or non-vaxxed. Death rate remains slightly higher for the vaxxed, but this is likely overhang from the early bias to vax old people.
    The hospitalization rates and death rates for the positive vaxxed are holding steady despite a relatively even age distribution.

I conclude that vax keeps you from testing positive, but doesn't clearly show protection once positive. *Many possible biases in the data.

On a related note. While a majority of King County residents are vaccinated, 97% of cases are among the unvaxxed. Being among the vaxxed confers astounding protection against testing positive for Covid. Get your shot, eh?
    Good info. While vaccination certainly doesn't eliminate the risk of death or significant short and long term complications of Covid it reduces the risk to the level we accept in our daily lives. Using the ever popular risk of driving--the number of hospitalizations and deaths from Covid in the vaccinated during the period of time in the graph is about 3 times the number of traffic deaths alone in the state over the same period of time--and of course many more people are hospitalized after car crashes than die, and some of those have long term consequences as well.

The caveat being--people are still wearing masks and a lot of things are still closed or partly restricted, OTOH overall case numbers are still falling almost everywhere--so it seems like an open question what will happen as things open up further.

As far as what happens if you get infected--it's hard to know from the stats how much protection the vaccine gives, since an asymptomatic vaccinated person is less likely to get tested than an unvaccinated person after an exposure, so the percentage of vaccinated infected people who get hospitalized is probably falsely elevated more than for the unvaccinated, since more of the vaccinated infected folks will never be tested.

I saw a graph somewhere that died covid deaths net of vaccinations and it appears that the drop in deaths is mostly due to vaccinations. Unvaccinated people are doing at the same rate as before.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2021/05/...k-Wuhan-Story/

an artical on why the Lab Leak in Wuhan doesnt hold up

Lots of excellent ways to debunk the lab leak hypothesis. Not one is covered by that article.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    And the answer is: Negative.

That said I'm still sick as a dog and weak as a kitten. Also totally pissed that the first time I let my mask down and go out to eat I get sick.

Damn unwashed masses. I was nicely tucked up in my mask. No colds, no flu, no Covid then the powers that be said "throw off the yoke of oppression!" so I did and what do I get for it? Sick.

At least I can go to the store and buy bananas now without fear of being Covid Mary.

There's a pretty gnarly sinus infection going around. If you've got vertigo or fluid in your ears go get checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    Now that we don't have to pay for secret service to rent rooms at Trump properties, there will be some extra money lying around. Should cover any increase in budgets for CDC and other agencies that are working to prevent the next pandemic.
    Money that will be well spent. IMHO.

^^^ trifecta of ignore !

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

]

I conclude that vax keeps you from testing positive, but doesn't clearly show protection once positive.
    Yeah, it's great that the stats show orders of mag fewer cases for vaxxed, breakthrough stats still significant data.

It's weird how people take this as some sort of personal challenge.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Fuck you don't make me consider anything that hasn't been sanctioned by the oligarchical censors.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    There was never any doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    There was never any doubt that I am an insufferable asshole troll.
    Quoted for posterity.