Page 582 of 884 FirstFirst ... 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 ... LastLast
Results 14,526 to 14,550 of 22100
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Fair price, fantastic condition.
    Then I suspect they'll get it.

Sure seems WAY WAY WAY overpriced, IMO.

Then again... the world has apparently gone crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Then I suspect they'll get it.

Sure seems WAY WAY WAY overpriced, IMO.

Then again... the world has apparently gone crazy.
    It's really clean looking. I'd feel bad running it into the ground on dirt roads, looks like it's roughly 15x the price that tempted me but that was a while ago and it wasn't in such good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    It's really clean looking. I'd feel bad running it into the ground on dirt roads, looks like it's roughly 15x the price that tempted me but that was a while ago and it wasn't in such good shape.
    Yeah - it does look to be in nice shape... but it's still a nearly 30yo shitbox. Probably all the rubber bits are dry-rotted all to hell.

But apparently there are people that would entertain it.

And I guess, technically, it's "vintage" at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yeah - it does look to be in nice shape... but it's still a nearly 30yo shitbox. Probably all the rubber bits are dry-rotted all to hell.

But apparently there are people that would entertain it.

And I guess, technically, it's "vintage" at this point.
    *nearly 40 years old. Don't worry, someone will buy it that's naive to the fact that every time they do something under the hood they'll break something else.

With that being said, it appears to be a pretty rare specimen, and people spend money on dumber things. Hell, I've got more money in bikes sitting in my garage right now lol

Some Trucker hat wearing BZN local will snap that up for street cred when rolling into the BB parking lot.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Montana massive check it out. I don't have any room in my garage or it would be mine.

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/cto/d...324146503.html
    Love those. Best friend had one in late high school, until we destroyed it and he replaced it with another early university years. Highlights include:
    mudding past stuck lifted 4x4 at the tank trails.
    High speed car chase in the south hills with a f-150, we got away thanks to high speed ebraking to corner.
    One day, I grabbed a Beach bus magnet from their garage and stuck it on the hood. We passed one of their drivers and I leaned out the window giving the bus a big thumbs up(or something). Few minutes later looked in the rear window and bus was foot off the bumper, could just see "international." High speed get away down Pattee canyon with rapid turn into dirt road got us out of that one.
    Best was one spring break we did a river trip in Southern Utah, but car could not go freeway speed with canoe on top and gear in back. So we drafted semi trucks, most didn't seem to mind, but a couple tried to kill us...that was scary.

He paid $400 for his, not a popular car at the time.

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Did some hiking and skiing yesterday in the Absarokas. It was a slog for sure, but the corn cycle was very nice. I was hiking/skinning/booting on firm snow by 8000' in sheltered terrain, wishing for crampons for most of it. The corn set-in around 11 AM on a face that was in the sun starting at 6 AM. I also found a lot of ticks. The snow is melting out fast, but the conditions yesterday (and presumably today) were great.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	375997
    Last edited by njb; 05-30-2021 at 09:19 AM.

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Shameless SPAM

A great organization here in Montana is the PLWA. (Public Land Water Access Association). These guys fight tooth and nail against the billionaires trying to take away the working mans access to public lands.

They are having an online fundraiser, buy some shit and support them.

https://www.32auctions.com/PLWA?blm_aid=40120

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

FREE SHIT !

Park Tools Stand
    Model PCS-1
    Price = FREE
    (suggestion: donate to PLWA.)
    I am going to give Whiteroom Guardian dibs on this. If he declines I will go to next bidder.

Name:	Image1622600193.641128.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	376210

Large dog cage.
    Fit my yellow lab (RIP). Maybe XL ?
    Folds up, all metal, plastic pan on bottom.
    Price = FREE
    (suggestion: donate to PLWA)
    Bonus if you post up a pic of your dog !

Name:	Image1622600368.156305.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	376211

No shipping. Pickup in Big Sky or I can have it sent to Bozo on the next maggot pickup truck headed that way.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

If wrg passes, I’ll gladly rehome the bike stand. Harry, you sticking around?

Quote Originally Posted by njb View Post
    Long time lurker, first time poster here. Did some hiking and skiing yesterday in the Absarokas. It was a slog for sure, but the corn cycle was very nice. I was hiking/skinning/booting on firm snow by 8000' in sheltered terrain, wishing for crampons for most of it. The corn set-in around 11 AM on a face that was in the sun starting at 6 AM. I also found a lot of ticks. The snow is melting out fast, but the conditions yesterday (and presumably today) were great.

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	375997
    That bottom rock feature might be interesting in the winter. And post more! Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    If wrg passes, I’ll gladly rehome the bike stand. Harry, you sticking around?
    Bike stand is (1) WRG, (2) Superior
    Dog crate still up for grabs.
    I have more free shit coming as I clean house. Stay tuned.

After 35+ years in Montana, I am moving back to the Midwest. I have developed a pulmonary issue that requires I move to a lower elevation. It really sucks. I love it here. But having to use an oxygen bottle just to ski or hike is no life. I spent the past winter in northern Wisconsin and loved it. Felt so good to be able to do aerobic exercise without gasping for breath. Great XC skiing, great fishing. While I am sad to move away, I’m OK with it.

Anyone interested in buying my Big Sky condo, contact Whiteroom Guardian, he is my real estate agent. It officially goes on the market in a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Holeeee shite, that's tough news for me.
    Just texted you a few minutes ago, holla back at me...

so sorry to hear it, harry.
    swing your fucking sword.

Harry - would love to pick up the stand if WRG passes. Also would love to donate to PLWA. I work up on the spanish peaks side but could pick up from you some day this week. Thanks.

Shit Harry, that sucks but you gotta do whats best for you.

The skiing on the UP ain't Big Sky but its not Indiana either.

We need to have a farewell maggot sendoff.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I blame Yeahman's Dad's neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    After 35+ years in Montana, I am moving back to the Midwest. I have developed a pulmonary issue that requires I move to a lower elevation. It really sucks. I love it here. But having to use an oxygen bottle just to ski or hike is no life. I spent the past winter in northern Wisconsin and loved it. Felt so good to be able to do aerobic exercise without gasping for breath. Great XC skiing, great fishing. While I am sad to move away, I’m OK with it.

Anyone interested in buying my Big Sky condo, contact Whiteroom Guardian, he is my real estate agent. It officially goes on the market in a couple weeks.
    Oh wow. Sad news, but I hope the move works out for the best. Best of luck, man.

I'll be up in MT in a month. Hope we can hang before ya go, ol' pal.

Quote Originally Posted by senior researcher View Post
    I blame Yeahman's Dad's neighbor.
    That is too complicated, I blame global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    We need to have a farewell maggot sendoff.
    Yes we do need a big send off. I am in to assist with a gala involving any of the following liquor, food, weapons, women, burning, mayhem, fishing and jail (but not prison). Pick three or four.

Harryfest 2021 ... let’s make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    jail (but not prison)
    An often-overlooked yet unsubtle difference! I like the way you think.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I'll pass on the stand as I have a good one already, thanks though. Give it to Superior!

Gotta say it's tough seeing the Mayor go. He's a fully licensed and registered Class A-1 Maggot. Would be great to keep his killer pad in the Mag family.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Bike stand is (1) WRG, (2) Superior
    Dog crate still up for grabs.
    I have more free shit coming as I clean house. Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Harry -

I enjoyed your TRs of your northcentral Wisconsin outings -
    the Blue Hills region is dear to me - Thank you --

You are the second guy I know of who has had to dial - it - down from elevation -

( I believe Tom has something in the neighborhood of pulmonary fibrosis ( don't hold me to that. simply progressive COPD would be Life-altering ) ) --

anyway. with a 35+ year run in the mountains, I have Respect for your adventure !

the climate has changed on the western U.p. , but when the snow is Good, it is still Good skiing... !
    ( they built a new chalet at powderhorn a decade ago after a fire ; Whitecap more recently )

Christie is a fine place for 'groomers' ...

I hope you find a Good niche' in the midwest and connect with friends in the region --

Respectfully. skiJ