Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020 Thread

The Times article today was actually pretty good: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/s...-stealing.html

Kinda comes down to, who do you believe? Apparently there's no direct evidence that players were updated during games. So whaddaya gonna do?

Watch Netflix.

Can't wait to see that bitch Carole Baskin tear the Red Sox apart and feed them to big cats.
    I still call it The Jake.

Scully hospitalized after fall, on the mend now.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Happy Birthday Tito! Can't wait to see you chewin gum n dip in the dugout like a mofo soon.

Fox Sports South is playing every game of the ‘95 Series each night this week. I know what happens. I don’t like it. Yet I can’t look away.

Bob Eucker is on the call doing color with Morgan and Costas so that’s pretty good too.

Kenny Lofton just went 1st to 2nd on a hit n run, stole 3rd, and scored on a slap-ass chopper to SS; dude could flat out move!

Also, Pinkeye just informed us that the last time the Sox won the Series was 1918. Ah, those were the days...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	088C7467-15DE-4E80-A049-A012AF4499F6.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	593.4 KB 
ID:	326891
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	99436D0C-D367-4804-B5B2-1D98F7FC7A19.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	589.4 KB 
ID:	326890  

Suck it Pinkeye!

Fuck yes, suck it Pinkeye!

I just looked at the season standings for 1995 and holy shit, the Tribe was 30 games, 30 fucking games!, clear of the Royals that year in the AL Central. The next biggest gap between division champ and second place in an AL division was 7. 7 games separated the Yanks from the Sox.

Those Tribe teams were all time, but I forgot how big of a lead they had that year.

I remember that stretch when the Tribe and Braves seemed to be the main teams. I really liked Lofton, he was fun. Didn't really like Justice, but he was always shining a little brighter it seemed. Wasn't he on both of those teams around that time or am I mis-remembering?

Yeah, Justice went from the Braves to the Indians in 1997, which means he was on the Bravos for the '95 Series and the Tribe for the '97 Series.

The 90s treated the Tribe well.

They averaged 94 wins a season, put 44 players on All-Star Teams, 3 HoF'ers to date, sold out 455 consecutive games, 1 Rookie of the Year, 5 Division Titles, 2 WS appearances, one strike cancelled season and a partridge in a pear tree.

Roll Tribe. But, I'm still waiting.

Yeah, really thought they were going to break through one of those times. Actually remember being a little bummed that they didn't.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/1...l-realignment/
    A simulated 100 game season with a re-aligned league. Yeah it means nada zilch nuttin', but wow...Sox (how can I argue ), Tribe and Doyers win their division but an interesting play out of the playoffs according to the pooter. They must know something I don't.

Are we all gonna agree beforehand whether or not this season will have an asterisk on it? If the Dodgers win it, I’m counting it as legit.

I know there’s a million things more important right now, but my God baseball would kick ass right now. The ratings would be crazy too.

I really don’t get why baseball isn’t playing, sans fans in the stands. 3/4 of the league barely has anyone show up on a good day anyways.

And Kenny Lofton was so much fun to watch. My favorite players have always been the ones who just make shit happen on pure athleticism, Ricky, and now Mookie, I’m particularly fond of.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/1...l-realignment/
    A simulated 100 game season with a re-aligned league. Yeah it means nada zilch nuttin', but wow...Sox (how can I argue ), Tribe and Doyers win their division but an interesting play out of the playoffs according to the pooter. They must know something I don't.
    if you were going to do something like that just cancel the season, that's just not MLB, that's watching really good players play a game.

if it were me, i'd look to start games following the all star break in the florida grapefruit stadiums plus a couple of college stadiums. they have enough there for everyone to keep their schedule as is and play their schedule sans fans.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    What facts need to be clarified? MLB said it helped with men on base. men on base lead to runs. Scoring more runs means you win the game. When you win 4/7 in the WS you're declared the best team in the sport.

They had been warned prior to the season not to engage in schemes using technology, but persisted.

Why shouldn't that title be vacated at a minimum?

You an be a fan of the biggest cheaters from the biggest cheating town in sports but it's a bad argument to say that they did nothing wrong because players would have come forward.

You know when the 1951 Giants came clean about cheating? 2002.
    How many of the Yankees titles do you support vacating for PED use?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/15/s...s-yankees.html

According to Manfred’s statement, when the Red Sox were confronted with baseball’s findings, they ceased what they were doing and cooperated fully

So you approve of this behavior? Ok. MLB is so toothless, here was the Apple Watch cheating explained before they hired a better cheater to show them how it was done:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...s-yankees.html
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I really don’t get why baseball isn’t playing, sans fans in the stands. 3/4 of the league barely has anyone show up on a good day anyways
    For the Yankees, Red Sox and Cubs gate is 40% of revenue by my quick math, hard to do it when the richest teams will be against it. The Marlins (10%) are the other end. https://www.forbes.com/mlb-valuations/list/

I think the rumored shortened season but expanded post season (14 teams) is an effort to get more butts in seats.

But I really, really wish baseball would start up again. Especially if they’d do day games again, they could easily cover 12-15hrs of TV/streaming/radio
    Last edited by dunfree ; 04-30-2020 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    if you were going to do something like that just cancel the season, that's just not MLB, that's watching really good players play a game.

if it were me, i'd look to start games following the all star break in the florida grapefruit stadiums plus a couple of college stadiums. they have enough there for everyone to keep their schedule as is and play their schedule sans fans.
    How about cancel the season and play so kind of prolonged tournament.
    This season is a bust already, so have fun with it whatever they do. Just give us some entertainment value and take our minds of the real world a few hours at a time.

Too bad he can't be getting credit for some time served right now:

Anthony Castrovince
    @castrovinceEmmanuel Clase, the Indians' key piece in the Corey Kluber trade with TEX, has been suspended 80 games after testing positive for Boldenone, a performance-enhancing substance.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    About as many as the Sux. Manny bein' Manny
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I’m gonna call him.

Read comments. There might be another number in there.

Well Bmills, did he answer?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang