Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Which model of these mitts is the warmest? I have issues with frozen fingers and am looking at getting a mitt to supplement my old packed out Hestra gloves. Was initially looking at the Black Diamond Mercury or Hestra Heli as that's what my local shop carries. Also considered the Marmot Expedition.
    I'm all for saving money and supporting the independents, but I need my fingers to be warm.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

Got my spring gloves, very nice. Ordered the xl and they are snug.

My spring gloves got here the other day. I look forward to using them. Snug fit.

Two days in the Lobster Mitts and I’m loving them. Nice and warm. I get cold easily but am too fidgety for full mittens unless it’s bitterly cold. I’d never tried a Lobster before, and it does take a little getting used to, but they’re toasty and the free finger lets me twitch/fiddle/snack almost as easily as with gloves. Free the finger!

Quote Originally Posted by Drazzamatazz View Post
    Which model of these mitts is the warmest? I have issues with frozen fingers and am looking at getting a mitt to supplement my old packed out Hestra gloves. Was initially looking at the Black Diamond Mercury or Hestra Heli as that's what my local shop carries. Also considered the Marmot Expedition.
    I'm all for saving money and supporting the independents, but I need my fingers to be warm.

I havn't tried the new mitts, Though they look great, but I'm going to assume the polar is the warmest.. Its got 300+ fill compared to 200 for the others and a nice . I've worn the Rx for a few years (as much as Utah weather calls for) and can vouch for their warmth, even at 200 fill

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Doh! Didn't even think to look at the Polar, does seem rather obvious now.
    Probably going to hop on a pair later today, hopefully the TGR code works still.

Wife wants some lobsters, so looks like getting another pair. Thanks again for the code.

Just got off the hill for the first time this year. Reminded how much I love these gloves.

Once again, these guys prove they're doing it right. Got my mittens in record time and they do look phenomenal

I miss the the color patches, let Thurmin's freak flag fly
    Last edited by b0ardski; 11-18-2018 at 08:33 PM.
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Just received my short cuffs last week and ordered a new pair of longs even though my originals from 14/15 are still going strong as are my mitts...same with both of my daughter's pairs. Take advantage of the sale price and even at regular price, they are the best deal you will find.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Just received my short cuffs last week and ordered a new pair of longs even though my originals from 14/15 are still going strong as are my mitts...same with both of my daughter's pairs. Take advantage of the sale price and even at regular price, they are the best deal you will find.
    Can you post a pic of the shorts.. specifically the cuff? As noted earlier, my 1st gen have very bulky cuffs.. wondering how the current ones compare.

Son said he bought a new pair of gloves on Friday, I told him he should have said something as there is a maggot code for an additional discount. He sent them an email and sure enough, they gave it to him after the fact.

just got my first chair gloves over the weekend,ordered XL as i have with my other first and second generation gloves,but they were too big,curoius if they tend to run larger than prevoius years and models.my original pair is still going strong,gotta love a great glove at a great price

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Can you post a pic of the shorts.. specifically the cuff? As noted earlier, my 1st gen have very bulky cuffs.. wondering how the current ones compare.
    Not sure the pic really helps but I would say they are significantly less bulky than my long cuffs but those are the first editions from 14/15 also, I have not had a pair with removable liners. I will say, first impression is that they are a bit more snug than my original pair in XL but I'm sure they will stretch some. I also just ordered a new pair of long cuffs so I'll update when those arrive. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181119_083054.jpeg 
Views:	161 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	256129

so baldy or sx mittens anybody has any opinion or tried both?

Are they not just different colors?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Are they not just different colors?
    Baldy is full leather.

I can't speak to the SX mitten, but the RX mitten is plenty warm for me but the baldy would definitely cut wind better than the SX's softshell back.

I use to run full leather gloves and mitts and they did not breathe well so ended up with sweaty cold hands... Switched to the SX Mitt and game over... No more sweaty hands and love being able to pull out the liner...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I use to run full leather gloves and mitts and they did not breathe well so ended up with sweaty cold hands... Switched to the SX Mitt and game over... No more sweaty hands and love being able to pull out the liner...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    This. Makes a huge difference, particularly when touring. In way below freezing temps, I tried one SX (short-cuff) glove on one hand and a pair of OG Kinco's on the other. The Kinco's felt a scotch warmer at first, but that changed after about 20 minutes - the SX were warm all day, and I think it's the breathability of the backing that does it.

My only (tiny) complaint about the SX is that I wish the cuff were tighter and made for a better seal against spindrift and me crashing -- more like the elastic cuff on the Kinco's that gives you a solid seal. MiCol, any chance of tweaking the cuff so that you get a better seal?
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    This. Makes a huge difference, particularly when touring. In way below freezing temps, I tried one SX (short-cuff) glove on one hand and a pair of OG Kinco's on the other. The Kinco's felt a scotch warmer at first, but that changed after about 20 minutes - the SX were warm all day, and I think it's the breathability of the backing that does it.

My only (tiny) complaint about the SX is that I wish the cuff were tighter and made for a better seal against spindrift and me crashing -- more like the elastic cuff on the Kinco's that gives you a solid seal. MiCol, any chance of tweaking the cuff so that you get a better seal?
    Try tucking the whole glove under the sleeve then close the wrist velcro of your coat around the glove. You won't have anything exposed and gives you decent mobility with your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Try tucking the whole glove under the sleeve then close the wrist velcro of your coat around the glove. You won't have anything exposed and gives you decent mobility with your hands.
    I do that with all my gloves. It helps, but an elasticized cuff would complete the seal. And if you don't want to fiddle with sleeve velcro/closure, a good seal on the glove's cuff would make that fiddling unnecessary. Small tweak, but with that, the glove would be absolutely perfect for my preferences.

Quick shout-out for FTP MTB gloves. I love em. They're cheap, last 4x as long as Fox gloves, and they fit great.
    sproing!

MiCol, any chance of tweaking the cuff so that you get a better seal?
    I don't think MiCol has any association with FTP.....

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I don't think MiCol has any association with FTP.....
    Hahaha, you're totally right. I guess I just wish MiCol was running FTP too!
    sproing!

Hahaha, you're totally right. I guess I just wish MiCol was running FTP too!
    Now you put your foot in it twice, ha.

FTP has always treated me right just as is

Just got a pair of the SX, stoked to try a glove again after about five years of mitten life. Quick question, does anyone use NikWax on the softshell back? Would I even need to for stormy CO days?
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.