Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I think you have too much faith in society/humanoty to pay attention and follow common sense rules.

And this. This is classic-

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    - the jack'd up bro dozzer with the "I heart my carbon footprint" sticker is muddy as fuk - this will take all day. Ohh - but he is just spraying down the hitch to apply a bigger set of truck nutz -

play wisely friends

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    this is my new excuse when I don't want to wait in line

"oh, vat? vat ees thees?"
    Different cultures have wildly different standards about crowd behavior. But it's also pretty easy to look around and see what counts as polite.

I was in a ridiculously long customs line at the airport in Atlanta recently and some old due started casually walking past people toward the front. I told him he wasn't going to pass me. He said "I no speak eeenglish."
    I said, "I heard you speaking English on the airplane two rows in front of me."
    He said, "Oh, uh, sorry."
    I had never seen the guy before in my life. Then all the people he had passed started yelling at him to go back to his spot.

Shit I took my truck and the boat to scrubbys a couple weeks ago and it was interesting trying to queue up and not block the entrance/exit. Amazingly everyone was very pleasant and considerate.

In grocery stores people lines up behind one of checkout spots or another and hopes they picked right. But at least at my Safeway there is one line for all the self checkouts. Same for waiting for the bank teller. I don't think there's a generally accepted protocol for car washes. I'm guessing that the lady didn't correctly scope out the situation and wasn't meaning to cut the line. The problem was confounded by the fact that you were all in cars so couldn't easily just ask if you guys were waiting for the next open. I encountered the same at our carwash, where one truck was at the entrance, waiting for next open bay, which meant everyone else had to wait out in the street blocking traffic. I did the only logical thing and left. I don't know what the situation is at your wash, maybe there's plenty of room for people to wait for the next open. As far as whether you were being an asshole--if you feel the need to ask the question, you were.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    If there are two or more cars cued up, you go to the back of the fucking line. It's obvious.
    It's not that obvious to everyone. People are clueless and/or have their heads up their asses. (completely self absorbed and self centered, more and more common these days..)

Anyhow, in my opinion (and experience), the size of motor vehicles necessitates multiple lines at a (3 bay) carwash. If there was only one line it would be too long once more than 3 cars were waiting, as many others have said. The line would back up into the street. If you pull up and all 3 bays are occupied and nobody is waiting, you gamble and guess which one will open first. If someone pulls in "behind" you, they pick a different one, and the next car gets the last one. There's a chance you might actually get in last, but thats the breaks of the car wash.

Cars are too big to have one queue for multiple stations, its not like people waiting for a bank teller or self checkout or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    It's not that obvious to everyone. People are clueless and/or have their heads up their asses. (completely self absorbed and self centered, more and more common these days..)
    As for the rest of your opinions, see above quote.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Shit I took my truck and the boat to scrubbys a couple weeks ago and it was interesting trying to queue up and not block the entrance/exit. Amazingly everyone was very pleasant and considerate.
    Yeah, Scrubby's or Eco-Joes are both much less aggro, this is the wash out in 4 Corners, nearly Thunderdome vibe.

Now that the cookies are in full effect I am feeling sorry for some poor dude, right now his wife/GF is ranting on again about that asshole at the Car Wash today.

What's kinda funny is fat bitch thought she was smarter than you, "that dope doesn't realize there's an open lane, oh well you snooze you lose"

Shopper: [to Ralphie] The line ENDS here. It begins over THERE! [Points to the end of a very very long line]

Regarding the fat lady skipping the line, I say fuck her and her ilk. Unless she was visiting from a country that doesn't really do lines, I'd say it's extremely unlikely she was unaware she was being a jerk. If there was just one car waiting she'd have an excuse. If there are two or more cars cued up, you go to the back of the fucking line. It's obvious

Yeah, Bunion could have been nicer, but I don't think he has much to apologize for. Calling people out that way is stressful though. And you run the risk of calling out someone unstable and armed.

A better thing to say might be, "Did you not see the line?" It's fine if you say this with a face that suggests you're contemplating slashing her tires, as long as you say it calmly. That would give her the opportunity to pretend it was accidental and she didn't know she was being a selfish asshole, but it would also convey to her that you are perfectly willing to escalate.

The trick is to let someone know they're being a prick without calling them a prick, while also indicating that your next move will be to call them a prick in a way that will be extremely embarrassing for everyone present. If it turns out you've encountered someone who is willing to escalate it's just not worth it.

I've gone to the next level plenty of times (some of us are wired that way unfortunately), and almost always wished I'd held back. I'm getting better with age, or maybe because I can sense my wife's disapproval even when she's not there.

This^^^ and This ^^^
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Different cultures have wildly different standards about crowd behavior. But it's also pretty easy to look around and see what counts as polite.

I was in a ridiculously long customs line at the airport in Atlanta recently and some old due started casually walking past people toward the front. I told him he wasn't going to pass me. He said "I no speak eeenglish."
    I said, "I heard you speaking English on the airplane two rows in front of me."
    He said, "Oh, uh, sorry."
    I had never seen the guy before in my life. Then all the people he had passed started yelling at him to go back to his spot.
    that's hilarious.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    that's hilarious.
    "Listen up, you old fucker. You're gonna get off my lawn, and you're gonna do it NOW."

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Shopper: [to Ralphie] The line ENDS here. It begins over THERE! [Points to the end of a very very long line]
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    What's kinda funny is fat bitch thought she was smarter than you, "that dope doesn't realize there's an open lane, oh well you snooze you lose"
    Not sure if its funny, sad, or infuriating, but I 100% guarantee thats what she was thinking

washing my truck sounds unreasonable to me
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    washing my truck sounds unreasonable to me
    Yup.

If you never go to a car wash, there's no way for this irritation to ever occur.

You're a smart man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I hate those situations. Car washes and Costco gas station 2, 3 cars are obviously waiting for the next spot and someone always zooms around and waits for a specific line.

But it’s a fuck over or be fucked over world sometime.

Take the singles line while skiing with my buddies might be the same thing in a way.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I hate buying gas at Costco, too impatient, but at the one my wife uses there's no way people could wait for first bay to open. There are about 8 lanes of two pumps each with enough room for people to squeeze to between lines to get to the open front pump if needed. There are usually 4 or 5 cars in each lane; if everyone waited for the next pump the line would go half way to the moon, or at least half way around the earth. To make things more frustrating, the pumps are staggered, so that the line that may look the shortest on first glance may not be.

When Safeway is really crowded--somehow I always absolutely need to buy something on xmas eve or the 3rd of July--I'm the gaper who gets in behind the shortest line at the checkout, not noticing the 5 people lined up in the food aisle waiting for the line at the checkout to move. When people tell me to get to the back of the line I try pretending I'm deaf but it usually doesn't work. I could try no habla ingles but half the people in the Truckee Safeway speak spanish so that wouldn't work either. (But everybody points out the error of my ways nicely, and I apologize nicely.)

While we're talking about lines--if I'm in a crowded, overanxious line and you tell me to stop pushing, and you're behind me, STFU and BTFU (back the fuck up dumbass).

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I hate buying gas at Costco, too impatient, but at the one my wife uses there's no way people could wait for first bay to open. There are about 8 lanes of two pumps each with enough room for people to squeeze to between lines to get to the open front pump if needed. There are usually 4 or 5 cars in each lane; if everyone waited for the next pump the line would go half way to the moon, or at least half way around the earth. To make things more frustrating, the pumps are staggered, so that the line that may look the shortest on first glance may not be.
    Goddam California...

Costco gas is an efficient machine. 12 lanes of long hoses and every knows the drill. Gas cap on the other side? Doesn’t matter. Someone in front pulls out? Leapfrog in the middle lane and get on with it. Premium for $2.60? You bet.

No matter how big the line looks it moves like shit on a hot tin roof.
    I still call it The Jake.

Op should not do any resort skiing in Europe. I didn't know there was etiquette at a multi bay carwash. I always thought just roll the dice and wait in front of one.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    wonder where this guys been?
    Flat on my ass nursing a broken back for the last 2 months. And no way I'm ever GBTW.

I never heard of a single queue policy at a car wash. I would have done the same as the lady.

Is this a common practice at this particular car wash? Just never seen it in all my years of car washing.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I never heard of a single queue policy at a car wash. I would have done the same as the lady.

Is this a common practice at this particular car wash? Just never seen it in all my years of car washing.
    It’s common everywhere, you just gotta pay attention to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    As for the rest of your opinions, see above quote.

Yeah, Scrubby's or Eco-Joes are both much less aggro, this is the wash out in 4 Corners, nearly Thunderdome vibe.

Now that the cookies are in full effect I am feeling sorry for some poor dude, right now his wife/GF is ranting on again about that asshole at the Car Wash today.
    Whoops I meant carriage house or whatever the fuck it is. Which is why I was surprised of said etiquette. Oh and God forbid they are washing their rental fleet...

I'm a big favor of the single queue policy.
    My local car wash is 3 bays, and I like to stop way back at the entrance where its only one car wide, and wait there for the next open bay.
    The only flaw in my plan is that it block the lane that has access to the vacuum, so if someone one wants to vacuum while they wait, I end up being an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Can't believe it took 7 minutes. This place is slipping