Page 336 of 434 FirstFirst ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 10837

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

They don't even know what really scary looks like.

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2019/...-pcc-division/

Watch a Youtube video of a PCC shooter.

The really skilled shooters don't go off on crowds of innocent people.

Excpt that one ass hole in the clock Tower
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Here ya go.

Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    It doesn't matter what you call them. Rifles that handle high capacity magazines of high powered .223s are designed for attaining high body counts of humans, not hunting or anything else. I know they're fun to play with, but the fact remains that some collect them and large piles of ammo just because they like the notion that they could commit mayhem should they ever decide to do so.. Be it a societal breakdown, civil war, or just getting pissed off. Societal breakdown in the aftermath of a large catastrophe is the main reason I have some guns and ammo. You'll have to defend your stuff if the cops and national guard are nowhere to be found in a chaotic situation.
    What about all the Concentration camps?

I have stood behind several people competing with these, it's something to see.

Seems it's gaining popularity rapidly.
    I want to at least be a decent pistol competitor before moving on to something else.

Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    The really skilled shooters don't go off on crowds of innocent people.
    ???

skill has zero to do with intent or good/evil

skill just determines efficacy

a skilled shooter could decimate a crowd of innocent people...it's sort of the point of the skills, to be accurate in killing

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    ???

skill has zero to do with intent or good/evil

skill just determines efficacy

a skilled shooter could decimate a crowd of innocent people...it's sort of the point of the skills, to be accurate in killing
    You're making stuff up now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I have stood behind several people competing with these, it's something to see.

Seems it's gaining popularity rapidly.
    I want to at least be a decent pistol competitor before moving on to something else.

Jerry is awesome!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    which part?

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Come on man, cut him some slack. What do you expect from some dude who drinks White Claw?

Edit for: nttiawwt.

What does a real man like you drink? Why does it make you a man?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

GUNS!!!!!!!!

I still can’t get over the whole

“ranges are the safest place on earth”

Absolutely idiotic. Brain worm attack

Safest place ever filled with fetishists, hobbyists and total noobs handling loaded weapons.

Safer than a meat packing plant perhaps
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

This is not the place for this debate. Since you quoted me and seem somewhat interested in actually hearing opposing points of view, I'll go ahead and respond; but it will be my last reply in this thread. We can go elsewhere if we want to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by _______ View Post
    Is this the way you want & hope to live? How do you aspire your life to be?
    Certainly not. Life has always been a capricious and merciless force, our technology has done little to change that. I wish we lived in a world where we are all protected and carefree, but that isn't the world we have, and we don't have any tools to make it so. People do awful things to each other. The police force is there to investigate crimes, not prevent them.
    The result is a high density of gun ownership that has been statistically shown to create less safety, not more
    That is far from proven. If anything, gun density has been shown to have little effect one way or the other on "safety".
    Society works on a very fundamental level because we all agree not to assault each other. That way, we can all go to school, get groceries, and recreate with liberty & dignity.
    This is a very generous interpretation of humanity. Firstly, people assault each other every single day. Therefore, by your logic, society doesn't work. And yet, here we are. So society must clearly work every though we go on assaulting one another.
    people are appalled at the mass shootings...pursuit of public safety
    And that gets to the heart of my primary argument. The public outcry against mass shootings is born of an emotional response, not from some clear-eyed righteous indignation or cognizant call to arms to defend public health. People worry about threats that are unfamiliar and violent, regardless of how rare. If people were truly concerned about public safety, there would be a greater concern for obesity and heart disease, drownings, falls, poisonings, and car accidents. Those all take more lives than firearms, and far more lives than mass shootings. And that's without even mentioning Global Warming, which will surely come to claim all of our grandchildren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Beyond the false equivalence of a motor vehicle accident vs. an intentional shooting
    The risk of automobile fatalities to firearm fatalities is a legitimate equivalence when the debate is framed as a public health issue (as it recently as been). It's not a very good one in my opinion (I prefer drownings, poisonings, etc), because of the ubiquity of vehicles, which is why I used the car example only when lamenting the piss-poor ability humans have to assess risks in general, independent of the firearm debate.

But, since you mentioned intentional shooting and automobile accidents, they are certainly different, in the fact that one involves a criminal act and the other doesn't. I'll go ahead and invoke the usual argument here that actions should be prohibited, not means. As other Mags in this forum have pointed out, it is illegal to drive over 85 mph, but not illegal to own and regularly drive a car capable of going considerably faster than 85.

And just like cars, we have made guns safer. We've improved chamber engineering to prevent catastrophic failure, we've instituted manual safeties on nearly all guns, we've standardized powder charges, we've invented technology to prevent accidental discharge when the gun is dropped, etc.

Yes, we have air bags, and crumple zones, and seat belts; but we have known for a long time that the speed of the car in an accident is the killer, but we continue to increase speed limits. We've engineered safer cars, but haven't addressed the unsafe human behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post

And just like cars, we have made guns safer. We've improved chamber engineering to prevent catastrophic failure, we've instituted manual safeties on nearly all guns, we've standardized powder charges, we've invented technology to prevent accidental discharge when the gun is dropped, etc.
    But guns don't kill people, people kill people. Drivers are heavily regulated and tested before being allowed to use cars on public roads, and their vehicles are also tested annually to be sure they are not unsafe. Gun owners and our equipment, not so much... especially where there is open carry with no permit required. I think the last part is pretty nuts. I'm fine with well regulated CCL/W and collecting fun guns to use on your own property or at the range. But, totally unregulated open carry is just insane..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

If the 2A guys think that people are the problem, then why not impose a license for every gun in 3 steps like a drivers license. Mandatory mental testing every 4 years too. One needs a standard drivers license to drive a car, a hunting license. Next is a motorcycle permit, and then a semi-auto and pistol license, then a CDL or a big bore, (50cal and up) license. Everyone wins, 2A folks keeps all their guns, while we weed out the loonies.

It's a start

Fer Christ’s sake.

So thrilled that suppressors are class 3 cause that really makes people a lot safer to have a gigantic tax and cooling off period.

Here’s the dumbest person on tgr

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1203.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	478.6 KB 
ID:	293220

Absolutely zero critical thought was given before writing this nonsense
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    If the 2A guys think that people are the problem, then why not impose a license for every gun in 3 steps like a drivers license. Mandatory mental testing every 4 years too. One needs a standard drivers license to drive a car, a hunting license. Next is a motorcycle permit, and then a semi-auto and pistol license, then a CDL or a big bore, (50cal and up) license. Everyone wins, 2A folks keeps all their guns, while we weed out the loonies.

It's a start
    The argument against this, which I am not making is... smoking.

You can only smoke in one side of a restaurant.
    Okay only in the bar.
    Not in any bar.
    Not within 10 feet of the door.
    Not within 30 feet of the door.
    Not outdoors.
    Not in your office.
    Not in front of your office.

A FOID might pass... if it banned any further restrictions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    The argument against this, which I am not making is... smoking.

You can only smoke in one side of a restaurant.
    Okay only in the bar.
    Not in any bar.
    Not within 10 feet of the door.
    Not within 30 feet of the door.
    Not outdoors.
    Not in your office.
    Not in front of your office.

A FOID might pass... if it banned any further restrictions as well.
    Cigarettes and sidearms is actually a great analogy. Both make the person feel better, more secure.. However, both are actually very dangerous to the person and to everyone else around them..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post

It's a start
    Driving is a privilege, not a right like the 2a. Also, that arguement is moot. If the DMV/registrations/licensing worked, then why do DUI's and the like keep happening?
    Keep this in polyass

Back on topic...
    Anyone have any experience with low power variable optics? Looking at a few(swamp fox, primary arms, vortex etc in the 1-6x maybe 8 range) not looking to break the bank(sub 400).

I have several Primary Arms scopes, best bang for the buck IMHO.

They have a fixed 4X that has an integral mounting base that is nice and the 1-6X is illuminated and pretty tough.
    watch out for snakes

I love Primary Arms, I agree that they are the best bang for your buck optic company out there. Their ACSS reticle is absolutely awesome - maybe the best reticle in rifle optics. Its on a bunch of fixed and varitable scopes. This 1-6 scope fits your price
    https://www.primaryarms.com/pa-1-6x2...-reticle-black
    This one is even cheaper if you don't mind second focal plane
    https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...45-308-reticle

Quote Originally Posted by scrambledbacon View Post
    Also, that arguement is moot.
    Way to make your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

function testing rental fleet

watch out for snakes

^^^ Head Gunfag has a man-bun. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

sharing is caring

watch out for snakes