Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FS: 184 ON3P Steeple 102s w/ Plum Guides and Pomoca Skins - $425

Up for grabs today are my 184 Steeple 102s.

Really enjoyed these sticks, they're an amazing shape, but I have decided that they are a little too long and heavy for my touring purposes. They truly are a unique ski though, thin enough in the waist to deal with firm snow, but RES up front allows them to punch WELL above their width in pow and funky 3D snow. No hookiness to deal with here.

They are mounted with minty Plum Guides for 305 BSL, and come with leashes. I had to mount the plums near the back of their adjustment range to deal with the previous mount, so they should work for 305 and smaller BSLs.

The previous mount is for kingpins, I believe at 302 BSL, but this was for the previous owner so I am not 100 percent. This mount has inserts still in the ski. Unfortunately, the previous owner drilled through the ski on one of the mounting holes. He had it professionally repaired by a shop, and it has given me absolutely no issues, but obviously need to mention it here.

Other than that, they are in solid shape, red wax on the bases is giving them the funky color. Light surface rust on the edges from summer storage. Typical scratching on the top sheet. Bases are in great shape.

$425 for the skis, plums, and nearly new yellow Pomoca skins cut to size.

I would strongly prefer a local Denver/Front Range sale, but can figure out shipping if you really want them. Let me know if you have any questions!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211012_130154.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	511.1 KB 
ID:	388841

Name:	20211012_130157.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	490.9 KB 
ID:	388842

Name:	20211012_130201.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	512.6 KB 
ID:	388843

Name:	20211012_130244.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	350.2 KB 
ID:	388844

Name:	20211012_130238.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	372.5 KB 
ID:	388845

Name:	20211012_130323.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	415.8 KB 
ID:	388846

Name:	20211012_130355.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	472.9 KB 
ID:	388847

Name:	20211012_130358.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	367.0 KB 
ID:	388848

Name:	20211012_130409.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	388849
    Last edited by dub2; 11-10-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Amazing ski. Crazy how well they deal with funky conditions and how stable they are on the hill with simple pin tech bindings. I have little 174's and i just accept the additional weight because theyre so good. Cold dead hands ski for me. If these were 179's id be all over them to put some alpine clamps on them.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Amazing ski. Crazy how well they deal with funky conditions and how stable they are on the hill with simple pin tech bindings. I have little 174's and i just accept the additional weight because theyre so good. Cold dead hands ski for me. If these were 179's id be all over them to put some alpine clamps on them.

If I could get a pair of 179s around 1700 grams, I'd be in heaven. But, the search continues. I'm not a big guy, so just too long and heavy for my use.

But, like you say, truly an amazing shape. For the right person, these can be hero sticks in the BC.

Any idea what these ones weigh without bindings? Approximate...

Quote Originally Posted by peglegg View Post
    Any idea what these ones weigh without bindings? Approximate...
    I haven't weighed them, but per Evo they should be 1940 g per

https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/on3p-steeple-102

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post

I just PM'd ya, in case you made some of your buddies jealous and they're in search of a longer pair. You can ignore my PM.

If it weren't for a COVID enforced off-year last season, I would have been able to chime in more about the 179s I scored last March. I did ski them in a demo about 4 years ago however, and they were amazing.

They're burlier than lots of non-touring skis, and like @grinch, I wouldn't hesitate to mount these up with alpine clamps if I wanted a ski in this width category.

Shameless plug for @dub2. We've transacted a couple of times with big smiles. The Plum Guides (at 360g) are a good match for these skis. If my pair didn't have 16 plugged holes in them, I wouldn't have mounted my Vipecs on them (that's what they were drilled for) and would likely have transferred my Guides onto my pair.

I seem to have "bad" luck with ON3Ps in terms of weight-savings. My 179's come in at 2100g !!! I think they're outliers, however.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I just PM'd ya, in case you made some of your buddies jealous and they're in search of a longer pair. You can ignore my PM.

If it weren't for a COVID enforced off-year last season, I would have been able to chime in more about the 179s I scored last March. I did ski them in a demo about 4 years ago however, and they were amazing.

They're burlier than lots of non-touring skis, and like @grinch, I wouldn't hesitate to mount these up with alpine clamps if I wanted a ski in this width category.

Shameless plug for @dub2. We've transacted a couple of times with big smiles. The Plum Guides (at 360g) are a good match for these skis. If my pair didn't have 16 plugged holes in them, I wouldn't have mounted my Vipecs on them (that's what they were drilled for) and would likely have transferred my Guides onto my pair.

I seem to have "bad" luck with ON3Ps in terms of weight-savings. My 179's come in at 2100g !!! I think they're outliers, however.

... Thom
    Thanks Thom. Psyched you got out on thrm. Really like the topsheet on dub2's pair as well. Theyll make someone happy for sure

Those Plums came from me and I can confirm they were used maybe 7 times ever before going to dub2 (who is a legit dude). Great price for them
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Thanks for the plugs mags, appreciate it! Someone is going to love these for sure.

I have a pair of 184s with extra carbon that are going on 300-325 days at this point. I toured on them for 250+ of those days before getting new dedicated (lighter) sticks. Now they are my inbounds rock/spring/lowish tide daily driver skis and they still crush. The camber is nearly gone but I like them more that way. They tackle any type of snow condition with confidence and ease. As other here have said they are now "cold dead hands" and anyone who picks these up will be psyched.

damn... stupid expensive ass Canadian shipping!!!

I searched for 2 years for my 108's and those are now back in the on3p line up for anyone to purchase. 102 is now the ski to search for and buy if you can find one

Wow, mounted for my AT BSL and room for a 22D mount at my tele BSL...

Oh, are these from @nyskirat? I was looking for Steeple 102 reviews and found this:

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    I should have my pair of 102s, in a 184, back in my hands in a week or two, albeit with an interesting mount history, mounted with a KingPin for a 302 BSL.

1 ski should only have one mount (I believe). I can't remember if I inserted this pair or not. I THINK I did. It's been 5 years and I never swapped the bindings around as I didn't need to.

The other will have two (again, I believe) due a drill collar that slipped when trying to do my first set of inserts resulting in me drilling through the ski . It was professionally repaired by my local shop and has given me zero issues.

Bindings ended up being mounted by the shop in the end.

Also have skins for the skis, BD Ascension.

Not sure what the going rate is for a pair of these with 1.5 mounts. Maybe $400 shipped CONUS? $450 w/ skins? $600 with everything?
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Wow, mounted for my AT BSL and room for a 22D mount at my tele BSL...

Oh, are these from @nyskirat? I was looking for Steeple 102 reviews and found this:
    Yes, they are, but no idea what he is talking about with two mounts? Here are pics that he sent me when I bought them. Only the one mount for kingpins, and they have inserts.

https://imgur.com/gallery/3McfPbJ

Maybe he means he had to go back into the mount to put the inserts in? Either way, there are open inserts for kingpins at 302, and then the Plum mount at 305.

Also, if there is any concern I can pull the Plums and take a photo of the mounts.

However the skis I received from nyskirat looked exactly like the pictures in the above imgur album.

Yeah I think we would've seen extra inserts or plugged holes even with the Plums on there. Nice looking skis!
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

Wes Mantooth currently has first dibs as he's local. Sounds like he's going to think it over for a bit. Will update if he passes on them.

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    Wes Mantooth currently has first dibs as he's local. Sounds like he's going to think it over for a bit. Will update if he passes on them.
    Put me down for second in line, though I'd just want them flat. I have the 112s with tectons for touring and they're great so I'd be looking to squeeze an alpine mount in there. Big enough feet I could probably work around the holes.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

I would take the Plums and skins if you end up selling the skis flat to bean.
    -J
    Everybody's gotta have parkas. I'm talking custom parkas. Two words: "client development." They see all of you out there cutting the powder in your matching Schweikart & Cokely parkas, you'll make an impression. You will thank me later.

Just when I’m thinking about retiring my Steeple 102’s, I read this thread …

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Put me down for second in line, though I'd just want them flat. I have the 112s with tectons for touring and they're great so I'd be looking to squeeze an alpine mount in there. Big enough feet I could probably work around the holes.
    And of course, super robust core. My 102s have 16 plugged/unused holes (going from memory).

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Just another accolade for the Steeple 102's. Cold Dead Hands.... And I also have 108's because I love the 102's so much.

Ugh, you guys are making me second guess my decision.

What skis similar to this shape in a slightly shorter and lighter package? Guess I could spring for a new pair of Bg108 tours. I've also been eyeing a pair of 179 UL wootests for similar pivoty goodness...

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    What skis similar to this shape in a slightly shorter and lighter package? Guess I could spring for a new pair of Bg108 tours. I've also been eyeing a pair of 179 UL wootests for similar pivoty goodness...
    177 4Frnt Raven?

Looks like on3p should bring the 102 back with the normal, 50/50 and tour core. The 102 has been the gate way drug to the 108 and bg for some of us