Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Pretty sure he meant the Standard Deduction going up to $24k.
    Doesn’t he work on Wall St and live in NY? No way he’s taking the standard deduction. Maybe I’m confused? I was surprised he owned a Suby so maybe I’m confusing him for another poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    A 2012? Under 100K miles? Wow.

And what exactly is wrong with the motor?

Running, with no rust, that's a $10k car here in the pnw. Even not running it's worth more than 500. I just sold an 02 with almost 300 on the clock for a grand.
    "Cylinders not firing". Experienced mechanic says he has never seen this happen to this "young" of a Subaru.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Pretty sure he meant the Standard Deduction going up to $24k.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Doesn’t he work on Wall St and live in NY? No way he’s taking the standard deduction. Maybe I’m confused? I was surprised he owned a Suby so maybe I’m confusing him for another poster.
    No, that is me. Always took the itimized deduction which was way over the standard deduction. Not anymore.

I have my "nice car" (BMW convertible) and then I have my Subaru where I can throw my skis and bike in and I don't get too upset when the kids throw up in the back seat, which they inevetibly do.

Parting out a shitbox subie. Sounds lucrative
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58508162656__09AACD68-B760-47A8-BA56-9581C4F56473.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	233.3 KB 
ID:	288699
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Toys for Twats
    or
    Make-A-Lick Foundation?
    Save The Vaginas

Or

Vaginas Without Borders.

Anything with “vagina” in it works.....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    "Cylinders not firing"
    I saw that before, but thought there might be more info. Plus that's a strange way to put it. Generally you'd drill down a bit, like "low compression" or "water in the cylinders" or "water in the oil" ...etc. i.e. why does it need a rebuild.

There are a lot of no fire causes that don't cost $6k. Are you sure you trust this guy?

I have my "nice car" (BMW convertible) and then I have my Subaru where I can throw my skis and bike in and I don't get too upset when the kids throw up in the back seat, which they inevetibly do.
    I kept a barf bucket in the back seat of the road trip vehicle for like 8 years or so. Ahh those were the days hahahaha!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

My youngest kid projectile vomited from the back set of the van to the front all over the most germaphobe person I've met. It was worth hosing out the van.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    My youngest kid projectile vomited from the back set of the van to the front all over the most germaphobe person I've met. It was worth hosing out the van.
    Back in high school at an Ozzy Osborne concert one of the dudes in our crew was arguing that he was supposed to have the seat another one of us was sitting in.. i.e. we had seats 5.6.7.8 and he was pitching a fit because we weren't all sitting exact.y where the ticket stub said. Finally the other kid changes seats to shut him up and the chick behind him barfed all down the back of his jacket.. Fucking funniest concert memory ever.. Years went by and we still taunted him about that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I'm not sure if my next snow car will be a Subaru after the head gasket fiasco either, weak sauce.
    Well, at least they covered that one. I had an 01 Forester that they fixed (under warranty) and extended the engine warranty to 100,000. Oil leak, no.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post

I really, really, really want to replace it with an AWD Sienna - but the missus - who to be fair bought the thing and drives it every day - doesn't want to be a mini-van mom. So, I will grit my teeth and fix the issues as they arise and be thankful for what I have.
    I'm going to steal this idea.
    https://www.motor1.com/news/352449/t...enna-lift-kit/

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    Ahh man I am so doing that! - I love it.

That's it I am trading in the Tundra - I have absolutely no prob being a minivan dad!

Yo OP. Are you sure the pistons are fubar? You might just need a pair of heads, timing kit, water pump kit, head gaskets. Whoever buys this from you will probably do this and run it or flip it. That's what I would do. The labor for all of that is about the same as a motor swap with a known good motor and an indy mechanic who has not built up a loyal rep yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, at least they covered that one. I had an 01 Forester that they fixed (under warranty) and extended the engine warranty to 100,000. Oil leak, no.
    That was an out of pocket repair. Plus I did a lot of 100,00 maintenance at the time. It will the last repair done until it pukes, should be good for another 6-7 years and 60-80k miles

No, that is me. Always took the itimized deduction which was way over the standard deduction. Not anymore.

Interesting that a guy like you is pushed into the SD. You Wall Street fat cats must buy your homes outright .

Did I mention how much I hate Subaru’s - I hate them in a way that only someone who has worked on one they own can hate them.
    Amen brother, PREACH ON!!!!

My 00 forester is a trooper. It goes and goes and goes....

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Hey there. Would you like to donate to our charity?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Once a month donation of $37 is recommended.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    I had a 96 Trooper before the 09 Forester. Both have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Back in high school at an Ozzy Osborne concert one of the dudes in our crew was arguing that he was supposed to have the seat another one of us was sitting in.. i.e. we had seats 5.6.7.8 and he was pitching a fit because we weren't all sitting exact.y where the ticket stub said. Finally the other kid changes seats to shut him up and the chick behind him barfed all down the back of his jacket.. Fucking funniest concert memory ever.. Years went by and we still taunted him about that shit.
    Best part was that my kid made a gurgle sound which caused the front seat passenger to turn around and look in the back seat. She caught it square in the face. And this was after a day spent at a museum chasing her own kid around with wipes, trying to get him to not touch anything, etc. My kid reportedly was drinking water out of exhibits and generally doing the toddler thing where the whole world is explored with the mouth. I wasn't there. I helped clean the van. And I do feel bad. It sucks to get puked on. There is some strong irony though.

Ahh man I am so doing that! - I love it.

That's it I am trading in the Tundra - I have absolutely no prob being a minivan dad!
    That generation of Sienna shares the same underpinnings as the Highlander. And from that era it was 3 open diffs and the 4-Trac system that applies the brakes to a spinning wheel. I have an 07 Highlander and it is surprisingly capable, no slip-n-grip.

Also, count me among the many who don't think Subaru's are all that well built.