Page 1453 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 ... LastLast
Results 36,301 to 36,325 of 46225
    ^Stinkefinger seems like it would be easy to pronounce.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Yeah, stupid fucks with names likes Roger don’t they know no one can pronounce that shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Ha. I agree and I’m some one with a hard to pronounce last name. It’s funny because half the family Americanized the name during the late 1800’s to avoid anti German sentiment. Even with the Americanized version I still had to spell and tell people how to pronounce. When I got married, we both took on the original German version of the name since we have to spell and tell people how to pronounce anyways.

Tons of people mispronounce but I don’t give a shit. However the 2nd graders in Mrs flounder’s class get really upset when other adults don’t pronounce it properly
    The way I read this, you married a relative with the same name but a different spelling. Tell me it's at least a 2nd cousin or greater separation.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ^Stinkefinger seems like it would be easy to pronounce.
    It's pronounced stinky finger.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    The way I read this, you married a relative with the same name but a different spelling. Tell me it's at least a 2nd cousin or greater separation.
    I think there’s that much separation, she’s from the east side of Killington and I’m from west side of it. Luckily Vermont doesn’t require blood tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    People with weird names who get all snotty when their name isn't correctly pronounced (or misspelled). You know this shit has been happening your whole life, get over it, or change your name to something that is possible to pronounce.
    My last name looks scary but is pronounced phonetically.

I enjoy telling people to sound it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    I think there’s that much separation, she’s from the east side of Killington and I’m from west side of it. Luckily Vermont doesn’t require blood tests.
    Right? Otherwise nobody could get married in Richford.

People with weird names who get all snotty when their name isn't correctly pronounced (or misspelled). You know this shit has been happening your whole life, get over it, or change your name to something that is possible to pronounce.
    Fuck. That.
    If you have a weird name you expect it to be pronounced wrong the first time. Once you've corrected the person though it's on them not to be a disrespectful twat and pronounce the name correctly. Unless they're a teacher with a class of 50 kids in which case they can get a break for a few days until they figure it all out. Remembering how to pronounce a new name isn't that mentally taxing unless you're the dumbest kind of mouth breather.
    I work with a motherfucker who alternates between 3 pronunciations of my name. There are 8 of us at the company. I've worked with him for 2 years now. He's an unredeemable shithead and I started calling him Raul, close enough to Paul.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

More than 2 syllables in a name and you're fucked.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    More than 2 syllables in a name and you're fucked.
    Or 3 or more consonants in a row.

We have a Rochelle. Says her name is pronounced Rachel. Gets all shitty when people call her row-shell. Fuck these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    a true classic

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I work with a motherfucker who alternates between 3 pronunciations of my name. There are 8 of us at the company. I've worked with him for 2 years now. He's an unredeemable shithead and I started calling him Raul, close enough to Paul.
    I once worked with someone who would alternate pronunciations of their own last name.
    As you may imagine that was the least of his problems...

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    We have a Rochelle. Says her name is pronounced Rachel. Gets all shitty when people call her row-shell. Fuck these people.
    I work with Dani. It’s pronounced Donny.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    I work with Dani. It’s pronounced Donny.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Name:  stfu donny.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  9.1 KB

People who won't shovel/plow their sidewalks with 18" of new
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    These people have certainly earned that special place in hell. Have one neighbor out of 44 that just won’t do it either.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    These people have certainly earned that special place in hell. Have one neighbor out of 44 that just won’t do it either.
    My dogshit bags end up on their front stairs.

I have to go to Costco today. Who did I hurt in a previous life to get me here?

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    We had a biggish storm in SLC last week. Biggish for the valley, almost a foot. The plows did an infinitely better job than usual and everything was pretty much cleared up by 8AM. By cleared up I mean they ran the plow down the middle of the road, kinda weaving around parked cars, and called it good. No 2nd pass that day or in the following week to remove the 5' strips of snow they couldn't get to because of parked cars. Now we have the best of both worlds, streets that are basically 1 lane wide AND sidewalks intermittently blocked by legit walls of ice from the plows. I got to my sidewalk in time but if you waited even a half day there was no hope of clearing it without a flame thrower.
    Ms Boissal said they've seen a massive increase in autoped injuries in the trauma bay from pedestrians having to randomly step onto the road when they get to an unplowed sidewalk...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

The amount of junk food in the office, combined with my lack of willpower to resist, annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    The amount of junk food in the office, combined with my lack of willpower to resist, annoys me.
    +1 on this. We get donuts at least twice a week and there's a new batch of random candy every week. Lately it's been salted chocolate-coated caramel from Costco, the stuff is like crack and our admin bought about 15 boxes of it to make it last. Add the weekly office lunch which is usually 3x the amoutn of junk food needed to feed the whole office and it's getting real sketchy up in here. How am I supposed not to fall into the caramels when they sit right next to the espresso machine??

New rant: FEDEX. Actually not new as I've probably ranted about them 3x already but this one is a new low.
    I bought a bike frame from smmokan in early December which he promptly shipped for delivery in UT on the 7th. The package didn't leave CO until that day so the delivery date seemed hopeful at best but the box made it to UT pretty quickly. It then took 3 days to move from North SLC to SLC proper then disappeared in the SLC depot on the 14th with no updates since then. I've called about 5 times and every time someone promises me that delivery is imminent and they can see the package still moving about in their system. Those fucking fucks. I'm DIALED when it comes to interacting with Indian customer service reps but these guys must train for years in advanced obfuscation techniques. You can't get anything out of them. I got some form of manager involved who personally called to assure me the package would be delivered today at the latest. It hasn't been scanned since the 14th so I expressed some incredulity but they have until the end of the day to further disappoint me. Way to ruin Xmas Fedex.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post

New rant: FEDEX. Actually not new as I've probably ranted about them 3x already but this one is a new low.
    I bought a bike frame from smmokan in early December which he promptly shipped for delivery in UT on the 7th. The package didn't leave CO until that day so the delivery date seemed hopeful at best but the box made it to UT pretty quickly. It then took 3 days to move from North SLC to SLC proper then disappeared in the SLC depot on the 14th with no updates since then. I've called about 5 times and every time someone promises me that delivery is imminent and they can see the package still moving about in their system. Those fucking fucks. I'm DIALED when it comes to interacting with Indian customer service reps but these guys must train for years in advanced obfuscation techniques. You can't get anything out of them. I got some form of manager involved who personally called to assure me the package would be delivered today at the latest. It hasn't been scanned since the 14th so I expressed some incredulity but they have until the end of the day to further disappoint me. Way to ruin Xmas Fedex.
    This is the new reality with FedEx. Oversized packages seem to be especially subject to getting lost or massive delays. I've been lucky on one package and the other was about a week late. Basically, don't ship with FedEx for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I have to go to Costco today. Who did I hurt in a previous life to get me here?
    Go at 8:15 tonight (assuming it's open until 8:30)... I went to our local Cost-ShitShow-co last evening at that time, and while it was more busy than usual at that late an hour, it was still basically empty.