Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    There's no fucking quiche in bmore. You pansy bitch.
    Oh, but a crab omelette would be ok, right? Just think of it as crab and eggs with the toast baked in, sorta.

Speaking of Hon, damn Gordon Ramsey to hell for fucking up that place. Who the fuck said they had to change? Used to be the ultimate hangover meal.

Did you get bunny's permission to post his picture?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Hot L Baltimore was the 2nd best TV show about it
    I remember that show.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Who would have thunk that ol' J-kush was a slumlord in the Baltimore Area?

"Kushner owns lots of Baltimore-area apartments. Some are infested with mice. In an investigation by the New York Times and Pro Publica published earlier that year, tenants of Kushner properties reported mouse infestations, mold problems and maggots. A private investigator who looked into Kushner’s property management company, Westminster Management, described the managers as “slumlords.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.7c8909cd82f9
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post
    Who would have thunk that ol' J-kush was a slumlord in the Baltimore Area?

"Kushner owns lots of Baltimore-area apartments. Some are infested with mice. In an investigation by the New York Times and Pro Publica published earlier that year, tenants of Kushner properties reported mouse infestations, mold problems and maggots. A private investigator who looked into Kushner’s property management company, Westminster Management, described the managers as “slumlords.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.7c8909cd82f9
    Me
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Also notable that his HUD Secretary Ben Carson's from Baltimore right?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

It's all just a big real estate play. Let it fall down, buy it for nothing, sell it to yuppies and hipsters, profit. The physical characteristics of the city and the regional demographics are too good for what's going on there, there has to be big money behind it all.

Funny Steve Harvey speech about him working with Trump and Carson to start a center in Baltimore. Highlights how trump operates in the press in slimy ways.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It's all just a big real estate play. Let it fall down, buy it for nothing, sell it to yuppies and hipsters, profit. The physical characteristics of the city and the regional demographics are too good for what's going on there, there has to be big money behind it all.
    Sticky problem with the people living there, though. Maybe round them up and send them to the fields, since the Mexicans aren't coming anymore.

Me

Yes, that batshit crazy fucker grew up here. Brilliant surgeon, dumb citizen.

I wonder about his brilliance as a surgeon. He made his bones on separating conjoined twins, but it was a PR win more than surgical. Both twins left in disabled and worse shape and one never got out of vegetative state before dying.

Dude does not emit an aura of brilliance.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I wonder about his brilliance as a surgeon. He made his bones on separating conjoined twins, but it was a PR win more than surgical. Both twins left in disabled and worse shape and one never got out of vegetative state before dying.
    Sounds like perfect training to become a politician. Fuck shit up and brag about it.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Sounds like perfect training to become a politician. Fuck shit up and brag about it.
    It worked for the pResident.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Dude does not emit an aura of brilliance.
    Always sounds like he just woke up from a long buzz.

And he comes out the room and I look at him and I'm not bullshitting, man I seen like an orange. His aura or whatever, I seen it. It was orange.

I went back to Baltimore for the first time in a decade or so last summer and would say that most of it is awesome and the inner harbor is a shithole tourist nightmare, so the opposite of timberridge.

I’m from Pittsburgh which has become a yuppie paradise. I guess I’m happy that it’s doing really well economically and the beautiful old buildings have been restored and there’s great artisanal food blah blah blah but going home I was a little creeped out trying to figure out where all the working class and POC went. Plus just felt weirdly out of place in my old hometown despite now living in the hipster paradise that helped start all this shit.

Baltimore for better or worse seems to have resisted almost all of that, unlike Philly, DC, NYC, Oakland, Chicago or even Detroit to some extent. I felt like I was in a time warp to the ‘90s and
    loved it. Baltimore still has soul and doesn’t feel like most American McCities of this decade full of tech kids from the suburbs making six figures out of college and making cities boring. I like that young degenerates can still live in the inner city there, work at a bar and party hard.

On the other hand, yeah, some of the poverty I saw was pretty intense. But the wealth that’s come to other cities seems to have pushed existing people out more than it has lifted all boats, so I don’t know what the answer is.

I do know I fucking love blue crabs and shitty lager though, so I wish I could spend a weekend there this summer.

Oh, and 1919 in fells point has to be one of the best dive bars on the east coast. Fucking love that place.

The Inner Harbor is essentially bankrupt.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/busines...603-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    ...the inner harbor is a shithole tourist nightmare, so the opposite of timberridge.
    Perhaps I was joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    The Inner Harbor is essentially bankrupt.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/busines...603-story.html
    "He hired the pop singer Drake to sing at his daughter's bat mitzvah in the Rainbow Room"
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

A friend just returned and told me a story about how his buddy’s wife was struck by a car while biking. The driver then jumped out, pulled his shirt over his head and tried to rob her. She didn’t have anything of value with her and told him to piss off. He got back in the car and left.

Benny should probably leave the Serotta in CT.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    I went back to Baltimore for the first time in a decade or so last summer and would say that most of it is awesome and the inner harbor is a shithole tourist nightmare, so the opposite of timberridge.

I’m from Pittsburgh which has become a yuppie paradise. I guess I’m happy that it’s doing really well economically and the beautiful old buildings have been restored and there’s great artisanal food blah blah blah but going home I was a little creeped out trying to figure out where all the working class and POC went. Plus just felt weirdly out of place in my old hometown despite now living in the hipster paradise that helped start all this shit.

Baltimore for better or worse seems to have resisted almost all of that, unlike Philly, DC, NYC, Oakland, Chicago or even Detroit to some extent. I felt like I was in a time warp to the ‘90s and
    loved it. Baltimore still has soul and doesn’t feel like most American McCities of this decade full of tech kids from the suburbs making six figures out of college and making cities boring. I like that young degenerates can still live in the inner city there, work at a bar and party hard.

On the other hand, yeah, some of the poverty I saw was pretty intense. But the wealth that’s come to other cities seems to have pushed existing people out more than it has lifted all boats, so I don’t know what the answer is.

I do know I fucking love blue crabs and shitty lager though, so I wish I could spend a weekend there this summer.

Oh, and 1919 in fells point has to be one of the best dive bars on the east coast. Fucking love that place.
    Thanks for your accurate assessment. The inner harbor is soulless. Young dirtbags with college degrees can still reside here.

As for dive bars, my fave when I was drinking hard was the Wharf Rat in Fells Point. It's in a cool 18th century corner townhouse. You can walk in the fireplace at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Benny should probably leave the Serotta in CT.
    Well, fuck, I don't bike down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    A friend just returned and told me a story about how his buddy’s wife was struck by a car while biking. The driver then jumped out, pulled his shirt over his head and tried to rob her. She didn’t have anything of value with her and told him to piss off. He got back in the car and left.
    Bear spray, don't bike ride without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I was riding my bike in NE baltimore a few years back and this asshole was too close and honking and generally being a dick. Well, my blood was hot and when we stopped at a light I yelled at him. He gave me the finger (could have been worse). Then the dude IN BACK OF HIM started to beep at me and by this time I was livid. We stopped at another light and I was just about to tell him off but the guy was trying to say that the guy in front of him was an asshole and that he was on my side. I shook his hand and thanked him. That's Baltimore.

Balmore.