Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    Well yeah.. but this is a little different since it's a product we want to be attractive to curmudgeons far and wide! (Mainly just rich curmudgeons tho.. poor curmudgeons need not comment)
    Was curious enough to look at this

https://www.tellurideskiresort.com/e...age-bike-park/

Where does the trail you are working on fit in this spectrum?

What I don't like in a trail:
    -pedally downhills. If it's going to go down, make it go down, not "kinda down but not really"
    -a million tight twisty slow little corners. Yeah, you might need a switchback here and there, that's fine, but don't make a ton of tight slow stuff just for the hell of it. Shouldn't be an issue since you're building bike park trails, but this trend seems to be the latest thing for slowing people down on multi-use trails and it's fucking annoying.

Beyond that I can pretty much have fun on any style of trail. I like steep and rocky/rooty the best but I enjoy flow trails or other styles just fine as long as I don't have to mash on the pedals constantly or constantly park it to maneuver around some pointless little squiggle.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Sort of agree, but there are also some fun descents on the TRT (Mt. Baldy to 267 is a pretty fun sustained DH minus one little climb towards the end). But the section between the bottom of Painted Rock / top of the Wall and the descent to Tahoe City always bugs me. Really enjoy that descent but getting there is kind of a pain in the ass. I think that has more to do with the terrain though, I don't think they could have routed it all that differently.
    Don't get me wrong, lots of fun descents on TRT, I just find it's better to hit those sections and combine with other trails than do a longer TRT ride, or use the less fun descents for climbing to other trails. The section going into TC is fun (the old one was/is funner), best way to get to it is from Bunker in TC to Powerline. I usually do a bonus loop down Missing Link and up Wallternate, that section on the way back to the descent can be tough when the legs are tired, but I like some techy climbing here and there.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Don't get me wrong, lots of fun descents on TRT, I just find it's better to hit those sections and combine with other trails than do a longer TRT ride, or use the less fun descents for climbing to other trails. The section going into TC is fun (the old one was/is funner), best way to get to it is from Bunker in TC to Powerline. I usually do a bonus loop down Missing Link and up Wallternate, that section on the way back to the descent can be tough when the legs are tired, but I like some techy climbing here and there.
    In general I agree, though. For example, I'd much rather take Jackpine DH into TC than the TRT. That trail is pretty much the opposite of the IMBA style of building going on these days...

What are your disappointing destinations to ride at?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    What do you mean by the old one was funner? Surely you don't mean the glass mtn portion of trt trail before it got rerouted along the rim a few years ago??? That shit trail was brutal. The descent section into town hasn't really changed any as I recall so I'm kinda confused by that comment and it's one of my regular local laps

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It must kind of suck to be so...jaded.
    Sarcasm Meter ON

ZOOM over my head...but the fact there are so many pages to this thread threw me right off
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm rarely *truly* disappointed by any place I get to go ride my bike on dirt.
    metoo
    I can relate to meh trails but it's always better than not-riding
    but I guess my expectations are low. not riding<riding
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Was curious enough to look at this

https://www.tellurideskiresort.com/e...age-bike-park/

Where does the trail you are working on fit in this spectrum?
    I'm not sure if the page loaded fully for me but what I saw there were the 'old' bike park trails.. mainly hand built years ago and barely maintained. We rebuilt 'no-brainer' a few summers ago. We are in the midst of a full on new build, working with gravity logic, to build a new bike park. A few machine built trails and then some new hand built, as well as revamping the old park, and taking over maintenence of the FS trails on the mountain.

We built a 5 mile long green trail with GL last summer and started on a blue/black jump trail. I'm confident in our ability to build enjoyable trail it just cracked me up to read how nearly every trail system nearby, that when I go there I have a blast and also look for fun features and elements to incorporate into my own building is...gasp.. lame!
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    I take it you've never ridden a proper DH bike.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I have. They’re OK if all you plan to do is bomb straight down the hill. Otherwise they’re heavy, have awkward geometry and aren’t very agile.

I guess I’m old school. Still stuck in the days when mountain biking actually required pedaling.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    People go to a bike park to go down. Pushing your DH bike 10 min from the top of the lift sucks. Pedaling your DH bike on a flat or climby gravel road to get back to the lift sucks. Think about what’s good & bad for skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Sounds like you may not like the skiing up Little Cottonwood Canyon too much.

I'm not sure if the page loaded fully for me but what I saw there were the 'old' bike park trails.. mainly hand built years ago and barely maintained. We rebuilt 'no-brainer' a few summers ago. We are in the midst of a full on new build, working with gravity logic, to build a new bike park. A few machine built trails and then some new hand built, as well as revamping the old park, and taking over maintenence of the FS trails on the mountain.

We built a 5 mile long green trail with GL last summer and started on a blue/black jump trail. I'm confident in our ability to build enjoyable trail it just cracked me up to read how nearly every trail system nearby, that when I go there I have a blast and also look for fun features and elements to incorporate into my own building is...gasp.. lame!
    What are some of your favorite trails in the T-Ride area? Never biked there, couldn't find much info, but would love to check some stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    What are some of your favorite trails in the T-Ride area? Never biked there, couldn't find much info, but would love to check some stuff out.
    The biking in telluride is kinda old school.. not much purpose built, a lot of janky off camber goat paths that aren't official trails. The best loop in the valley in my opinion is prospect trail to alta lakes to t35 to galloping goose. Super rad 25mile loop, the forest service just rebuilt the alta lakes section so when that gets ridden in and speeds up it should be really fun.

Expand your riding zone to beyond the valley and there are some bad ass sections of the Colorado trail, some rad big descents down fs trails around Rico, RAT trails outside Ridgway, and the 'whole uncolada' a super cool link up of trails off the uncompadre plateau down into montrose. 3800 vert over 20 miles or so. The spring creek section may be my most favorite section of trail in the area, and can be ridden on it'd own as a shuttle or loop usually by riding up the Dave wood road and dropping the trail.
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

The biking in telluride is kinda old school.. not much purpose built, a lot of janky off camber goat paths that aren't official trails. The best loop in the valley in my opinion is prospect trail to alta lakes to t35 to galloping goose. Super rad 25mile loop, the forest service just rebuilt the alta lakes section so when that gets ridden in and speeds up it should be really fun.

Expand your riding zone to beyond the valley and there are some bad ass sections of the Colorado trail, some rad big descents down fs trails around Rico, RAT trails outside Ridgway, and the 'whole uncolada' a super cool link up of trails off the uncompadre plateau down into montrose. 3800 vert over 20 miles or so. The spring creek section may be my most favorite section of trail in the area, and can be ridden on it'd own as a shuttle or loop usually by riding up the Dave wood road and dropping the trail.
    Nice, I'll check those out. I knew about the RAT and was planning on heading there this spring maybe. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    What do you mean by the old one was funner? Surely you don't mean the glass mtn portion of trt trail before it got rerouted along the rim a few years ago??? That shit trail was brutal. The descent section into town hasn't really changed any as I recall so I'm kinda confused by that comment and it's one of my regular local laps
    That's the one. I wouldn't call it brutal, more like a good challenge, but yeah the arms would be tingling on the older short travel bike. Pretty sure the reason it was rerouted was because very few people would ride that section, even though they blamed it on birds. Last 3/4 mile or so is original trail.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

What are your disappointing destinations to ride at?

I think you're the only person in Tahoe that misses the glass mtn trail. A seemingly endless hill traverse across shards of obsidian and baby heads. It is still there if you want another go at it! We'll expect a TR and strava report in early June

Seriously, you're mental if you liked that trail lol

places I've mtb since the first of the year
    and they all were the awesome

moab
    sedona
    metro phoenix:
    south mountain, sonoran preserve, hawes, mcdowell
    fruita, GJ
    salida

will keep adding to the list once the weather gets better
    hung up the baggies and got crazy full spandexed the other day, cause I look good in tight clothes specially with a team sponser all over me
    did some soul crushing/finding, ass pounding fun

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    ass pounding fun

I really hope that the new Palisade Plunge trail isn't disappointing. Really looking forward to a new big decent trail to go in closer to home and maybe more reliably fully open than the WE.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    spandex and ass pounding

This is not my sport
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I really hope that the new Palisade Plunge trail isn't disappointing. Really looking forward to a new big decent trail to go in closer to home and maybe more reliably fully open than the WE.
    The disappointment will be the crowds that it will attract led by the youtube circle jerkers, endur-brah's and #vanlifers and their swarms of followers.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    The disappointment will be the crowds that it will attract led by the youtube circle jerkers, endur-brah's and #vanlifers and their swarms of followers.
    All of which will be easily mitigated by not riding it on a weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    All of which will be easily mitigated by not riding it on a weekend...
    I've even ridden MC on a pretty busy weekend and it wasn't that bad. Mostly directional trails definitely reduce the amount of user conflicts. Science!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamburello Rouge View Post
    I have. They’re OK if all you plan to do is bomb straight down the hill. Otherwise they’re heavy, have awkward geometry and aren’t very agile.

I guess I’m old school. Still stuck in the days when mountain biking actually required pedaling.
    Lol, you have no clue obviously.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk