Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Saw them at OR/SIA this week. There are some other minor changes to the ski/walk lever, heel, etc. I didn't get a chance to talk with anyone about it, though. It's still a DIN 12, so I'm not sure exactly what they're going for. Basically admitting that the six springs in the standard Kingpin toe are no more effective than two?
    The toe wings on the Alpinist are shorter requiring more effort to leverage the open therefore only two spring suffice vs 6 for the same retention on the Kingpin toe.

The Alpinist toe also uses carbon reinforced plastics to give the same strength as metal with less weight.

If you watch the attached video, Marker also claims they used the same formula in the heel plastics and replaced many metal components with lighter titanium.

The result is z binding with the same weight as the Dynafit Rotation/Radical 2 with superior power transmission of the Kingpin heel.

The only thing that stopped me from mounting Kingpins on my latest touring skis was the extra 400-500 grams weight over Techton/Radical 2. If the new lighter M Werks version had been available now, I would have purchased it and I believe that is why Marker is marketing it, to catch the market share they are losing to buyers who want lighter weight freeride tech bindings.

So the binding that keeps breaking is getting even lighter?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Haa what could possibly go wrong

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FCDE9DD3-E794-4BA3-90DB-5FABA4985C31.jpeg 
Views:	212 
Size:	203.3 KB 
ID:	268296Black Diamond Recon replaces the „Route“

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    You guys are fucked, all this new tech and we are jizzing our pants over a pair of ugly ass slippers? God we are all old.
    Especially considering The North Face has been making a ton of different styles of insulated booties and slippers for YEARS.... Teva ripped them off as well with their Ember, they came out after one of the Product Managers moved from TNF to Teva.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Gear rumors 19/20

Anyone familiar with Black Crows seen anything coming out birdie ski line with a wider full rocker flat underfoot - ala Corvus birdie?
    On Corvus 193; is it a beefy bump up or same build as 188 with length?
    Last edited by CascadeLuke; 02-05-2019 at 06:50 PM.

There’s a Daemon Birdie now. No idea about new shit or Corvus birdie.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    There’s a Daemon Birdie now. No idea about new shit or Corvus birdie.
    After something wider but good suggestion. Cleaned up my question. May just get her a straight Corvus 176

Y’all can have your puffy bunion slippers. I’m here for podium kicks. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9661.JPG 
Views:	276 
Size:	930.9 KB 
ID:	268360

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Wetdog View Post
    I believe that is why Marker is marketing it, to catch the market share they are losing to buyers who want lighter weight freeride tech bindings.
    They're losing market share because their POS products keep grenading in terrible ways. I wish them the worst of luck with their future endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    They're losing market share because their POS products keep grenading in terrible ways.
    THIS
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Abol98 View Post
    Y’all can have your puffy bunion slippers. I’m here for podium kicks. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9661.JPG 
Views:	276 
Size:	930.9 KB 
ID:	268360
    ^this.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    They're losing market share because their POS products keep grenading in terrible ways.
    x3

It's horrible that I want that shoe simply because it says Lange on it. But that's why I want it. Take that name away and I likely wouldn't even notice the shoe in the wild. It's like a must-have at this point.

Ze Pindung ready for launch in the fall. Retail 499 Euro. DIN 5-14. Adjustable brake width. 1.3 kg per unit. Why is it not red?

Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    Ze Pindung ready for launch in the fall. Retail 499 Euro. DIN 5-14. Adjustable brake width. 1.3 kg per unit. Why is it not red?

Awesome! Doesn’t look as finicky as other bindings in particular the attention to the brakes

Nice to finally see a finished product!
    Is it really an adjustable brake width? I wonder how that works. For use with inserts for different skis that would be extremely useful.

Apart from that, it will need to be really bomb proof and free from pre-release issues to justify that weight.

Quote Originally Posted by MnO_____ View Post
    Nice to finally see a finished product!
    Is it really an adjustable brake width?
    That's what the guy confirms in the video, at circa 0:58.

sweeeeet
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Love the innovation!!! What's the stack height? Looks tall in vid.

anyone have any info on the new Kastle FX range for 19/20? Saw a terrible Instagram story from ISPO Munich and looked like more options.. maybe wider ones above the 95 HP... maybe even taking over from the BMX range?

Gear rumors 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysEars View Post
    anyone have any info on the new Kastle FX range for 19/20? Saw a terrible Instagram story from ISPO Munich and looked like more options.. maybe wider ones above the 95 HP... maybe even taking over from the BMX range?
    BMX goes away, four widths in the FX line now. 86/96/106/116. Not sure if they all have HP versions. I need a mid and was curious what the FX 96 would look like. Bash guard is a plus for me. Not feeling that top sheet yet. Curious about weight because it looks like it should be lighter, despite the slight width increase.

https://www.pugski.com/threads/k%C3%...ce-2007.13801/

Photo on the right per Pugski insta.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9685.JPG 
Views:	339 
Size:	769.5 KB 
ID:	268391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9647.JPG 
Views:	339 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	268392

Pindung looks cool. Can’t wait to hear some feed back on it’s use.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MnO_____ View Post
    it will need to be really bomb proof and free from pre-release issues to justify that weight.
    Yeah, 1300g seems pretty heavy. Was hoping it would be under 1kg. Step in seems more complicated than the Shift.

The company seems cool. I hope they're wildly successful and really give the shift some solid competition.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I just read deeper into that Kastle thread and it seems like the FX96 HP and FX106 HP will be the only HP versions, and offered exclusively as HP. However... if the commenters are correct, the HP designation now means carbon and not metal.

Where's my torch?