Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mr. Robot - you guys digging it?

I have a lot of hope for this show, but not sure how good it's gonna be. I already have a hypothesis that Elliott is hallucinating basically everything that helps him carry out the plan his subconscious wants to be carried out.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Digging it in spite of Christian Slater .....

Do hope it's not dream/hallucination, though; that would be too much of a cheap betrayal, and so far it's seems way too sophisticated for that. Very pleased that the second episode delivered as much if not more than the first.

Did you notice that they both arrived at the bar at the same time, supposedly, yet the appletini order still took the bar keep off guard?
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Yep, I'm in.

After this last episode with Elliot shooting up heroin and hallucinating (or did he really do that???), there is no telling what is reality and what is coming from his mind. I think it is pretty obvious Mr Robot (C. Slater) is not real. He never interacts with anyone other than Elliot. Anytime it appears he might be talking to someone other than Elliot, he is always right next to him. (Fight Club, anyone?) It's hard to determine what other people might be "real". I suppose anyone viewed from 3rd person, detached from Elliot, could be real. But, I'm wondering about that as well at this point.

I'm dangerously close to doing a 180 on this show - Fightclub managed to pull it off, but generally anything that depends heavily on an unreal, hallucinatory state I find hard to swallow. True Detective's got more staying power than this, if Mr. R continues in the same direction as last episode.

Episode 4 was like a page out of Twin Peaks or Mulholland Drive. Talk about freaky, I had major weird dreams that night (have not watched episode 5 yet - recorded and waiting for friend to show up so we can watch it together).

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Did you notice that they both arrived at the bar at the same time, supposedly, yet the appletini order still took the bar keep off guard?
    and now that you mention it - the bar keep did not respond to Mr. Robot's compliment. Interesting train of thought you have going there puppy man.

Episode 5 got me totally hooked again. There aren't many tv shows that are this edgy and smart.

I didn't like last episode at all.
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Episode 5 got me totally hooked again. There aren't many tv shows that are this edgy and smart.
    4 was just too weird, but I agree, 5 has got me back. Maybe he gets all Walter White on everyone's ass.

KQ - Puppy man? What'd I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    4 was just too weird, but I agree, 5 has got me back. Maybe he gets all Walter White on everyone's ass.

KQ - Puppy man? What'd I miss?
    I just caught up with all the episodes I had DVR'd 5-7. Def. getting weird and very disjointed. I've not read up on the show format - is it a story line that is finite or will it continue on? Seems hard to believe they can keep this pace up. Really surprised about what the Swede did in episode 7. I thought he had his freak a little more under control but I guess not.

Guroo - "Puppy Man" re: your avatar.

It's confirmed that Elliot = Mr Robot. The question now is how many other people make up this schizo?

Bravo for season 1! Best show since Fargo...

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Bravo for season 1! Best show since Fargo...
    But that's not really saying much now is it? Been that kind of TV year ....

For me MR.R never really reached it's full potential .... or it's just too existential for me. Yeah, that's it. I actually like all the bad people more than the not-so-baddies (no one's really a good guy). Main reason for checking for next season: What will psychotic bee-stung-lips lady do??? I hoping for fisting of Tyrell to death.

Just finished ep. 4 Hoping for #5 to be better.
    Really loving the show, but watching it on USA On Demand is reminding me why I hate commercials so much.

just finished season 1, can not figure out what is going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    just finished season 1, can not figure out what is going on here.
    Mr Robot is Elliot's 2nd personality posing as his dead father. In the second season, Elliot spends his days fighting himself to kill off this alter-ego. What we don't know yet are how many other personalities Elliot has.

Wait ...... you think he's the crazy moth ball gag chick too?!?!?!?

Make that mouth ball gag, although a moth ball gag might be pretty effective too, in spite of the small size.
    Last edited by PB; 07-31-2016 at 09:33 AM.

season two has been great (ep8) so far.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

This season has a much different feel to it. The twist of Elliot in prison was well hidden. It was obvious after they revealed it, but damn his delusions completely consumed him for survival. It seems he is coming back to reality now and will get out of jail? Meanwhile, his sister shows no hesitation in removing obstacles from her path. She's a different level of crazy than Elliot. What they hell did their parents do to them as kids?

I didn't really dig the 80's comedy thing. Just didn't feel like it moved the plot or developed the characters . Never have I seen a show with so many crazy people. Welleck & wife ,Darlene, Elliott are all nuts in different ways. Can't stand the new FBI agent. Something about her rubs me wrong. Really well written show.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

oh the season finale....where is season 3?
    Very Very good. I like the underlying theme of helplessness, although you have defeated "the people in power". I really wonder whether they actually do kill of some characters in season three.

I must say i don't mind the crazy people that much except tyrell and his SM wife. The rest is "normal crazy", but they.....In real life they would not have gotten away with that much psychopathological behaviour for that long without any repercussions. And of course they are from the "upper class" because we all know everyone "up there" is twisted and insane.

I really hope that the only two semi normal characters from fsociety really got away........

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    oh the season finale....where is season 3?
    huh? last night wasn't the season end, there are two more episodes. We'll find out if anyone died in the dinner shootup

Just finished watching season 1. I really liked it....but I liked it more when it was called: Fight Club.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    huh? last night wasn't the season end, there are two more episodes. We'll find out if anyone died in the dinner shootup
    uuh? ahh....
    It left me pretty unsatisfied, now I knwo why. I just thought they'd always do 10 episodes. Thanks for the clarification. My amazon only gives me the episodes that have been released, so I assumed there would only be as many as in season1. My bad.
    Any they never have any placeholders for future episodes.