Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I'm home today with the "sick" 6 and 11 yos today. 6yo threw up multiple times this morning around 5-6am. 11 yo heard it and immediately had a stomach ache so "can't go to school." (lol).

Only feeding them simple grains, bananas..etc. easily digestibles.

11 yo (who may be sick or may be faking, not sure yet) is asking for yogurt.

Any solid resources you can point me to that outline what kids should/shouldn't eat if they have a GI bug?

Both tested Covid Negative.. that was step 1.

Diarrhea and vomiting - CHEO

Seems to apply to much younger kids, but watch for signs of dehydration, and maybe pedialyte?

Nutrition - CHEO
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

I'm home today with the "sick" 6 and 11 yos today. 6yo threw up multiple times this morning around 5-6am. 11 yo heard it and immediately had a stomach ache so "can't go to school." (lol).

Any solid resources you can point me to that outline what kids should/shouldn't eat if they have a GI bug?

I’m waiting on COVID results. 2 and 4 year old at home since last Wednesday with coughs, fever, etc. It’s a joy.

Soooooo the girls have homecoming this Saturday, first one. Thing One has a boyfriend, cute little dude, asked me before he asked her…..Thing Two’s now former boyfriend asked her to go, then followed up the next day with “ you know this means we're having sex, right”? Thing Two thankfully told him to GTFO, and the little asshole promptly broke up with her. Fuck. She seems ok, and is still gonna go with a gaggle of her girlfriends……So if y’all need me this Saturday, I’ll be cleaning the guns and watching the clock. Fuck me it goes so fast, enjoy every minute, gentlemen.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Soooooo the girls have homecoming this Saturday, first one. Thing One has a boyfriend, cute little dude, asked me before he asked her…..Thing Two’s now former boyfriend asked her to go, then followed up the next day with “ you know this means we're having sex, right”? Thing Two thankfully told him to GTFO, and the little asshole promptly broke up with her. Fuck. She seems ok, and is still gonna go with a gaggle of her girlfriends……So if y’all need me this Saturday, I’ll be cleaning the guns and watching the clock. Fuck me it goes so fast, enjoy every minute, gentlemen.
    I’ll need notes on what goes well or doesn’t, as I’ll be hitting those days soon enough it seems.

5 year old got the training wheels off her bike last week and is now riding fearlessly (too fearless most of the time) around the neighborhood. Not quite DTM junior yet, but we’ll work on it.

7 year old is turning into a little soccer player. Had a frustrating game yesterday, had a few breakaways that weren’t going her way until she finally converted on one of them. Whereas younger me would have tried to rage quit, she actually stuck with it through the frustration and kept trying, which made her appreciate the goal that much more. Proud dad, even if I can’t take credit for it.

Good perspective on my 2 and 4 y.o. girl woes.

Same boat Saturday, Homecoming for my daughter. The dress, the shoes, getting hair done Thursday. It’s quite an ordeal. A boy now likes her but he asked another girl to be his date already. Shes going with a group of girlfriends. Isn’t age 16 so much fun?
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Same boat Saturday, Homecoming for my daughter. The dress, the shoes, getting hair done Thursday. It’s quite an ordeal. A boy now likes her but he asked another girl to be his date already. Shes going with a group of girlfriends. Isn’t age 16 so much fun?
    “Fun” is not the word I would choose…….And I have two!!!!! Vibes Buzz, feel free to live PM me on Saturday, I’ll be white knuckling it for sure…….
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Just make it look like an accident. You were cleaning it and it went off. And what a classy guy thing#2 was seeing. He needs to be doxxed in his hometown, daughter should make him radioactive, figuratively of course.

“Fun” is not the word I would choose…….And I have two!!!!! Vibes Buzz, feel free to live PM me on Saturday, I’ll be white knuckling it for sure…….
    We will get through this!

My son is in kindergarten and tried to fake sick for the first time a couple of weeks ago. You know what's great? My town's free, rapid Covid tests. All the deterrence of a doctor's appointment without the inconvenience/expense. He's going to have to up his game in the future.

Ok this isn’t fun as a dad. The dress is on and they are out getting pictures. Holy shit!
    Too grown up for me right now.

Fatherhood anonymous; an open discussion on being a dad.

^^ woah congrats Dad. You did it!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

First weekend alone with the little (mom went on a girls wine weekend).

Love this gal!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7187.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	226.0 KB 
ID:	387664

Name:	IMG_7207.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	387665

Name:	IMG_7229.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	198.8 KB 
ID:	387666

^^^ FKNA…….. don’t blink, fucking goes fast

Round of disc today at Valmont with spawn #1 on the tee

Name:	E9608233-F998-4331-9683-7BBDE1BAF8E4.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	906.3 KB 
ID:	387670

I'm home today with the "sick" 6 and 11 year olds.

6yo threw up multiple times this morning around 5-6am and clearly needs to stay home.

11 yo heard it from her room and immediately had a stomach ache so "can't go to school." (lol).

With wife's input, both stayed home. I called out to stay with them.

6 yo is under the weather. I think 11 yo is playing it.

Secretly appreciate 11yos play, seems like something I would have done.

This afternoon she tried to convince me to get them both covid tested (not Dr recommended with current circumstances).

Her logic was covid test means they get a "treat" after the testing and then get to miss school again tomorrow while waiting for results.

Well played, but caught and shut down. Lol
    BRAT diet works for older kids too, and adults that ate chicken wings and drank too much beer the night before
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    First weekend alone with the little (mom went on a girls wine weekend).

Love this gal!

Name:	IMG_7187.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	226.0 KB 
ID:	387664

Name:	IMG_7207.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	387665

Name:	IMG_7229.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	198.8 KB 
ID:	387666

Nice dude. That's an accomplishment. I can't wait to give my wife a weekend away--we're not quite there yet, but hopefully soon. I think our girls are just about the same age.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    Nice dude. That's an accomplishment. I can't wait to give my wife a weekend away--we're not quite there yet, but hopefully soon. I think our girls are just about the same age.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    She is 8 months old this week — highly encourage it for the Mrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Ok this isn’t fun as a dad. The dress is on and they are out getting pictures. Holy shit!
    Too grown up for me right now.
    Right there with you my good man……Made it through the night, no drama, but…..Fuck.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Right there with you my good man……Made it through the night, no drama, but…..Fuck.
    And you didn't get arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    And you didn't get arrested.
    Lol. Not yet anyway.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Lol. Not yet anyway.

Reading through the posts in this thread about daughters and dating reminds me of an incident that I had several years ago. This was back in the day when land lines were far more prevalent than cellphones. I have 3 daughters and the middle one was just starting to “date”.
    One night, kinda late I get this call and all I hear on the other end is breathing. I just hang up, but then it happens twice more. On the 3rd call I’m thinking it must be some pervert making crank calls, so I decided to take the offensive. (I didn’t have caller ID).
    So I tell the caller that I know who they are and if they try to call me again I’m gonna come after them and beat the livin shit out of them. I actually assumed I was talking to an adult. It didn’t occur to me that it might be a kid.
    Anyway, as it turns out it was my daughter’s latest boyfriend wannabe and he was trying to call her but when I kept answering he froze up. The next day at school, a terrified young man relays this incident to my daughter. Now here’s the best part. She didn’t really try to clear it up. So I quickly developed a “reputation” that even followed me across the state when we moved and my 3 daughters helped perpetuate the myth all through their high school years. Needless to say, it didn’t eliminate dating issues, but it helped keep things in check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatherhood anonymous; an open discussion on being a dad.

The “dad cleaning his guns at home” trope is one I never quite understood.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 10-04-2021 at 05:13 AM.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    The “dad cleaning his guns at home” trope is one I never quite understood.
    I like something for subtle.

“You two have fun tonight, have her home by 10 because I really don’t want to go back to prison”